Twickenham 2 Setlist Party Part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2dork said:
Ya know, I always wind up being next to that one guy who's dripping with sweat at shows and it's totally disgusting, but somehow, I really don't think I'd mind if I happened to get a little Bono sweat on me...

That was you next to me??? Sorry, I did use a ton of anti-perspirant, you know, it just did not work.

Do I love comedy? I do, yes.

Harbinger said:
Looking pretty good so far! Let's hope for some more surprises in the encore. My guess is that it will be very similar to the others, although we might actually get Original of the Species tonight, which would be awesome.

If there are more suprises that would be my guess also. Maybe Until The End Of The World also. But I think Original would be more likely.

VintagePunk said:

So you're one of those 'save the best for last' people...

Instant gratification can be fun, too. :)

I guess I might be one of those. It's like when I buy a DVD I want to see, sometimes I do not watch it right away to heighten the anticipation. I'm not......normal, so, you know, I do these things to myself. But if it's something bad, like sweeping shit in Wales, I get it over with right away.

U2dork said:
Ya know, I always wind up being next to that one guy who's dripping with sweat at shows and it's totally disgusting, but somehow, I really don't think I'd mind if I happened to get a little Bono sweat on me...

funny - that guy seems to find me as well - but normally he also has a beer that he doesn't drink but rather swings around spilling it on everyone while yelling bone-oh as loudly as he can:wink:

nurse chrissi said:

funny - that guy seems to find me as well - but normally he also has a beer that he doesn't drink but rather swings around spilling it on everyone while yelling bone-oh as loudly as he can:wink:

But, again, the beer and sweat of strangers on your person is nothing compared to what sprays all over you at work.

:)

VERTIGO
ALL BECAUSE OF YOU
ELECTRIC CO / I CAN SEE FOR MILES
ELEVATION
NEW YEARS DAY
BEAUTIFUL DAY
STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR
WILD HORSES
COBL
MIRACLE DRUG
SYCMIOYO
LOVE AND PEACE OR ELSE
SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY / FATHER ABRAHAM
BULLET THE BLUE SKY / THE HANDS THAT BUILT AMERICA / WHEN JONNIE COMES MARCHING HOME
RUNNING TO STAND STILL /HAPPY BIRTHDAY / WALK ON as human rights declaration scrolls up the screen.......
PRIDE IN THE NAME OF LOVE
STREETS

and probably ONE by now, too

U2Man said:

:wave: Hi Zwervers.....we've gotten Wild Horses and Walk On...seems like they've listened....

Hi U2man!

Well, They were just on the dutch tv and Bono said in Chicago that that was just a rehearsel! He promised (I have proof on tape) that they would shake up the setlist because he feels they need to stay fresh...So A: We are gonna get some big changes soon,(hope he didn't mean dropping the old songs) B:Bono is a liar.

I love the placement of Horses by the way

VERTIGO
ALL BECAUSE OF YOU
ELEVATION
NEW YEARS DAY
BEAUTIFUL DAY
WILD HORSES
COBL
MIRACLE DRUG
SYCMIOYO
LOVE AND PEACE OR ELSE
BULLET THE BLUE SKY / THE HANDS THAT BUILT AMERICA / WHEN JONNIE COMES MARCHING HOME
RUNNING TO STAND STILL /HAPPY BIRTHDAY / WALK ON
WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME
ONE

Harbinger said:
VERTIGO
ALL BECAUSE OF YOU
ELEVATION
NEW YEARS DAY
BEAUTIFUL DAY
WILD HORSES
COBL
MIRACLE DRUG
SYCMIOYO
LOVE AND PEACE OR ELSE
RUNNING TO STAND STILL /HAPPY BIRTHDAY / WALK ON as human rights declaration scrolls up the screen.......
STREETS

and probably ONE by now, too

Thank you:rockon:

No spoken words said:

I guess I might be one of those. It's like when I buy a DVD I want to see, sometimes I do not watch it right away to heighten the anticipation. I'm not......normal, so, you know, I do these things to myself. But if it's something bad, like sweeping shit in Wales, I get it over with right away.

I watch the DVD, but save the special features. ;)

Actually, there are a couple of DVDs that have been kicking around here since last Christmas I haven't watched yet. Must get to it...

And Killing Bono will probably wait till my vacation in a few weeks.

nurse chrissi said:

so true - I pretty much am unfazed

Must be nice..."Hey, Chrissi, you have some stains on your shirt....is that grape juice??"

"No, this is a combination of blood, corpse-juice, mucus, blister ooze and formaldehyde. Where are you going??"

zwervers2 said:

Hi U2man!

Well, They were just on the dutch tv and Bono said in Chicago that that was just a rehearsel! He promised (I have proof on tape) that they would shake up the setlist because he feels they need to stay fresh...So A: We are gonna get some big changes soon,(hope he didn't mean dropping the old songs) B:Bono is a liar.

:laugh: Yeah, Bono has never known to exaggerate or say things that dont ever transpire. So it MUST be so!! Bono has been saying the same things for the last 15 years, and their approach live changes very little. So take the comment with a grain of salt. Tweaking the setlists translates to massive changes in their minds.

Walk On was a snippet only. Cool, but nothing to get carried away about.

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

I watch the DVD, but save the special features. ;)

Actually, there are a couple of DVDs that have been kicking around here since last Christmas I haven't watched yet. Must get to it...

And Killing Bono will probably wait till my vacation in a few weeks.

I love when a DVD has a good special features section.

Where are you vacationing?

zwervers2 said:

Hi U2man!

and Edge said they couldn't agree on Electrical Storm...then he said: 'maybe we'll play it on the end of the tour' ...

No spoken words said:

Remember, your show is right around my b-day, so do not lose sight of that amidst all of your U2 excitement. Keep things in perspective, DG.

Of course, I remembered it was your birthday towards the end of the tour. :shifty:

It's either 2 days before or 2 days after my show, I can't remember. ;)

kellyahern said:

I bet Larry's holding out . . . it's always Larry :shifty:

:wink:

has anyone ever considered they should keep Larry permanently drunk so hes ummm more agreeable to change?:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom