3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why on earth are they hidding him under the stage during concerts?...Pearl jam don't hide Boom..
I think they have very particular ideas about their stage presentation which don’t include having a fifth person on stage.

With PJ, it’s just about showing up to see some people play music - if there are extra people on stage, cool, they add to the sound. These days it’d be weird if Boom wasn’t back there. U2 has always been different there, especially the past 20 years where Bono spends so much time on stage talking about the four of them growing up together. You could have put Terry on stage in Popmart, I think.

UMG is removing full length Sphere videos from YouTube. The 11/1 show from Hoserama and countless other full length concerts just filmed from cellphones are now gone from YouTube. This is absolutely ridiculous and literally takes away from fans/potential new fans seeking these videos out. How can they copyright strike a filmed video of a concert?

I wonder if u2songs can try to grab some info about what’s going on.

they don't know anything...

but i would venture to guess that there might be a video release upcoming. the band did repeatedly say shows would be released worldwide "another way" - so they may have been hinting at this.

makes sense - dolan would want as many eyes on his product as possible. doesn't make sense to record shows and then only allow them to be played at Sphere. U2 fans are a crazy lot, but i can't see a ton of people hopping on a plane just to see a concert film. certainly not enough to make it profitable.

they don't know anything...

but i would venture to guess that there might be a video release upcoming. the band did repeatedly say shows would be released worldwide "another way" - so they may have been hinting at this.

makes sense - dolan would want as many eyes on his product as possible. doesn't make sense to record shows and then only allow them to be played at Sphere. U2 fans are a crazy lot, but i can't see a ton of people hopping on a plane just to see a concert film. certainly not enough to make it profitable.

My suspicion is the Sirius broadcast was getting tossed up on YouTube in various shapes and forms, so they stepped up their fishing game. Then bunch of other stuff got caught in the sweep.

Just tossed up the 11/1/2023 multicam on U2torrents. It's free leech, so won't hold against anybody's ratio. Feel free to grab folks--it's free!

https://u2torrents.com/t?id=11001

Note if you're signing up on U2Torrents, there's something weird with gmail blocking the registration emails. Email the mods (or me) and we can manually finish the sign-up process if you have issues.

Also I have sirius and was at last show (look at me) but the damn thing is on demand yet at least on my app won’t allow me to scroll right to show. Keeps making me start at interview. And only so many skips allowed.

Anyone with some u2uv concerts that they made into something easy to download please PM your fat buddy clerks.

The guys from Scott's Bass Lessons got invited to one of the last shows and met with Adam and his techs as well as Dallas. I'd still love to hear Stuart Morgan's point of view about playing in that Zoo TV gig all those years ago.

Their podcast is up now and also on Youtube here.

U2.com just cancelled my order of the long sleeve Atomic City shirt because "it's not available at this time". I ordered an XL on March 27. Anyone else?

I got me that long-sleeved atomic city shirt I barely saw in vegas, yea. And I actually got to use a discount code, whoa.
Lol, just kidding. They emailed me saying the shirt isn't available, but instead of getting my 25% coupon back, I get a 20% off one for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom