3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

so the last quarterly report showed that the Postcards From Earth show actually brought in more revenue than the U2 concerts - likely because they're showing it multiple times per day when the concerts aren't going on.

Add in the money they get from advertising and, yea, they're doing just fine.

the sphere also doesn't have to fully pay for itself. it's part of a bigger company. ad and subscriber revenue from MSG Networks also hit sphere entertainment's bottom line.

the sister company - MSG Entertainment - is projecting $900 million in revenue and $150 to $180 in operating income. so, uh, yea - nobody's crying for Jim Dolan. Sphere will not make him, nor his companies, go bankrupt - much to the chagrin of the many pre-opening night haters.

u2torrents.com or u2start.com (I haven't looked to dl anything recently but would reasonably assume one or both those sites will have it)

The first IEM source bootleg has been released which is a Bram feed. I guess now the run is over we'll get others and someone will do a matrix release before we know it.
Tossed up another show this morning on U2torrents. It's a build your own mix set for 12/15/23, with stems mixed from five different feeds. Go check it out if you're interested, it's free leech download on U2torrents.

Tossed up another show this morning on U2torrents. It's a build your own mix set for 12/15/23, with stems mixed from five different feeds. Go check it out if you're interested, it's free leech download on U2torrents.
So this is basically the different IEMs for all four of them, shared for the world for some enterprising mixer to put together? Did I get that right?

So this is basically the different IEMs for all four of them, shared for the world for some enterprising mixer to put together? Did I get that right?
Close but not quite. Copy pasting from the info file:

Put together something of an unconventional release. To give a little insight into recording, I've been recording all four band member feeds plus Bono's wireless microphone. From there, I'll take the feeds, clean them up of static, remove the counts, and remove most/all of the click track. Once the feeds are scrubbed, I'll run them through an AI stemming program, which breaks each feed into a Vocals/Bass/Drums/Other stem. The stems are loaded into my DAW, where I mix to flavor. Each of the stem types are routed to a submix. So for example, the bass submix includes the bass stems from Edge + Adam + Bram. Those submixes are what's included in this release.

Fascinating. How good is the AI at isolating? Would be curious to hear a clean Bono vocal with adjustable instrumentation track levels

Pretty good for most part. Although not perfect.

Perfect is recording directly from Bono's wireless microphone!
I'd say it's better than pretty good. I brought the stems into Logic and they sound fantastic. Had to adjust the levels a bit but ...wow! Thanks for posting! What AI stemming program are you using?

I'd say it's better than pretty good. I brought the stems into Logic and they sound fantastic. Had to adjust the levels a bit but ...wow! Thanks for posting! What AI stemming program are you using?

Yeah those stems were exported from the DAW session, and then normalized to -3db, they're not leveled to just take into the mixing session.

I use the fine-tuned model of demucs version 4 (htdemucs_ft) for the stemming of IEM feeds.

i was today year's old when i found out that the baby that flashes on screen at the start of Zoo Station is the baby of the baby who flashed on screen at the start of Zoo Station during the original ZooTV tour and that the billboards during One are exact representations of the screens used during the Outside Broadcast portion of the ZooTV tour.

Listening to NBA Radio on the SiriusXM this morning on the way to work and they had a commercial for U2xRadio where they said they would be broadcasting the final Sphere show this Sunday.

Haven't seen that anywhere else yet
confirmed - 1 hour interview from 7 to 8 pm, full stream of the 40th show starting at 8 pm - this Sunday on U2 x Radio

I won't be listening this Sunday but would like to hear it later on. Does Sirius usually replay these?

Back
Top Bottom