Official Pre-Sale Info - U2.Com - GENERAL DISCUSSION & INFO Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kudos to U2. I am a Horizon memeber and my buddy is a Breathe. We both followed the pre-sale directions and got GREAT seats for both shows in NJ. Easy. Effecient. More than made up for the fiasco on the Vertigo Tour.:applaud:

GOT MY TICKETS BABY!!! SWEETNESS!!! AINT NOTHING BETTER THAN THE REAL THING!!!! VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA!!!!

BOOTS MEMBER!!! set my notebook clock to network time, at exactly ONE second past 3pm got my 4 floor TIX!!!!

GENERAL AD. STANDING!!! YAY!!! i got to see VERTIGO behind the stage 6 rows up, floor in the heart for ALL THAT YOU CANT LEAVE BEHIND, lower balcony 4 POPMART!!!

now 360 experience!!!:reject:

Sorry for the stupid question, but I've looked it up on U2.com and I'm still confused. Can I register two memberships with the same billing/shipping address?

And once I get the second code, I can use it with my ticketmaster account and charge tickets to my credit card even though the code isn't mine, right? I'm fairly sure this wouldn't be a problem, but the last thing I want is to get my tickets cancelled.

Ok, I read through the whole thread and didn't see this anywhere, so I hope this isn't a repeat question:

I snagged two GAs for a show this afternoon, but there was a problem with my credit card and I had to cancel the order. I called the CC company to sort it out, but now I'm afraid to try again. That didn't count for my code uses, did it? :uhoh: I mean if the transaction didn't go through......... I've only bought one ticket with my presale code so far...................

:shrug: :confused: :paranoid:

Sorry for the stupid question, but I've looked it up on U2.com and I'm still confused. Can I register two memberships with the same billing/shipping address?

And once I get the second code, I can use it with my ticketmaster account and charge tickets to my credit card even though the code isn't mine, right? I'm fairly sure this wouldn't be a problem, but the last thing I want is to get my tickets cancelled.
You'll be ok. There's two of us with memberships on my credit card.

Not sure where else to post this -

I think I just got a phishing email disguised to look like it was coming from fanfare.com (I guess they sold the u2 memberships)

I clicked the link, and couldnt log in with the info they gave me. Then I took a closer look at the email, and the actual link isn't the fanfare website. :doh:

Just warning you all to be careful

I think I just got a phishing email disguised to look like it was coming from fanfare.com (I guess they sold the u2 memberships)

I clicked the link, and couldnt log in with the info they gave me. Then I took a closer look at the email, and the actual link isn't the fanfare website. :doh:

You had better go change your pasword. By trying to log in, you gave them your info, which then allowed them to log into your REAL u2.com account. In turn, they gained access to your presale code. WOW! I sure hope your code wasn't valid any more because this would be a pretty easy way to steal it.

I'm trying to sign up to U2.com, when I get to the select address page I keep getting ''error code 361'' :huh:

I never entered my real password, just the one the email gave me. As soon as it gave me an error I knew for sure this was fake. I forwarded it to fanfare and changed my u2.com password just in case.

Btw the links real address was masked as fanfare the real address is called businessflow.mainstreetcommerce .com with a more complex link that I can't cut and paste on my iPhone.

Ok, I read through the whole thread and didn't see this anywhere, so I hope this isn't a repeat question:

I snagged two GAs for a show this afternoon, but there was a problem with my credit card and I had to cancel the order. I called the CC company to sort it out, but now I'm afraid to try again. That didn't count for my code uses, did it? :uhoh: I mean if the transaction didn't go through......... I've only bought one ticket with my presale code so far...................

:shrug: :confused: :paranoid:

I'm going to tentatively answer my own question and say that I think it didn't count. I ordered two GAs today, so if it counted the first time, that would mean I used my code for 5 tickets.. So I'd say no worries.

Holy crap, I just got that email, too! I thought, "I don't remember requesting a login for Fanfare, eh, I'll check it out when I get home."

Delete button, here I come! Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Thanks for the heads up.

I think September should be in May this year. It's a bummer that I'll spend the whole summer anticipating its end.

How many times can the presale code be used?

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show in Europe in a single transaction OR up to FOUR tickets (in total) against up to four shows in North America. (This is because ticketing vending arrangements are different on the two continents. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in Europe. The code can be used up to four (4) times against up to a total of four (4) tickets at up to four (4) shows in North America. eg two tickets at one show, two tickets at another or one ticket to one show and three to another.)

It's cool if you buy extra tickets in a regular sale though right? If I got 4 in a pre-sale and then 2 more in a general sale, they're not going to hunt me down, are they?

It's cool if you buy extra tickets in a regular sale though right? If I got 4 in a pre-sale and then 2 more in a general sale, they're not going to hunt me down, are they?
they won't hunt you down if you buy 22 tickets. as long as your credit card clear and they get their $$, you're good.

Are Ticketfast tickets okay for GA line?

I purchased GA tickets in the Dublin pre-sale using the Ticketfast option.

And now I've been reading on the North American ticketbastard sites that Ticketfast tickets are not allowed for GA.

Does anyone know whether Ticketfast tickets are acceptable for GA lines in Europe? Should I try and convert these tickets into hard tickets before I get to Dublin? Anyone have any advice for me?

I think if they sold them to you it's fine. The ticketfast option wasn't available to choose in the US if you purchased GA.

Does anyone know the policy on entrances? How strict are they?

My four buddies have one entrance, but I had to buy my fifth ticket separate(max 4 tickets per purchase here) and it's got a different entrance. Would I be kicked out of line if I tried to go in with them?
It's also that mine is a ticketfast ticket and they've hard ones, so it's not like I can pretend to have the same ticket they have.

Does anyone know the policy on entrances? How strict are they?

My four buddies have one entrance, but I had to buy my fifth ticket separate(max 4 tickets per purchase here) and it's got a different entrance. Would I be kicked out of line if I tried to go in with them?
It's also that mine is a ticketfast ticket and they've hard ones, so it's not like I can pretend to have the same ticket they have.

I read in another thread that someone called the venue about this very question. The answer was that as long as it was just one person trying to get in another entrance that was okay. Best to call the particular venue you're concerned about.

I read in another thread that someone called the venue about this very question. The answer was that as long as it was just one person trying to get in another entrance that was okay. Best to call the particular venue you're concerned about.

I emailed them, got a rather standard thing back on how it's for the best flow and such that I must use the correct entrance and I can meet up on the field with my friends. Yeah, fat chance to be able to get to the front rail that way.

I also asked if they have special treatment for severly visual impaired people, the answer on that was they have elevators. :rolleyes:

Not a bright person, that. She couldn't even properly write my name right, WHILE IT WAS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE EMAIL. :angry: I HATE it when people do that. Don't go type if you fuck it up anyway, just fuckin copypaste if you fail so hard.

I apologize if this has been asked before, but how long is the annual membership valid?

If I joined today, would I have to renew at the beginning of 2009, or in one year's time (i.e., April 2010)?

GA Tickets Purchase Possible w/o Presale?

I was wondering if anyone has been able to buy any tickets without buying them through the pre-sale. Basically I want to know if it is worth buying a U2.com membership, because I don't want to spend more money than I have to.

Perhaps you should read a bit more threads in this section, you'll find that many many people have bought GA's without needing a presale membership. It just saves you a lot of hassle and ticketbastardness.
I tried for Amsterdam in general sale, got a GA for the second night. Had presales for all the other shows though, went without a lot of stress!

Back
Top Bottom