U2.com subscriber presale confusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
Excited to see the U2ers again but kinda confused on the U2.com subscriber presale.

You select three shows along with different pricing tiers...and then what? Like does TicketBastard select your tickets for you and and then charge you?

I'd kinda like to be able to choose my own seats - especially for that price.

Anyone have any additional info on this?

Thanks

Excited to see the U2ers again but kinda confused on the U2.com subscriber presale.

You select three shows along with different pricing tiers...and then what? Like does TicketBastard select your tickets for you and and then charge you?

I'd kinda like to be able to choose my own seats - especially for that price.

Anyone have any additional info on this?

Thanks

This is exactly what happens. You choose by price level/section and then get assigned seats. Unfortunately, no way to select specific seats.
It's what they did last tear and are doing today for Pearl Jam's fan club sale. People put in for their desired location(s) and then it's luck of the draw. So only put in for a price level you're willing to pay, cause if you check off the $500 priced seats, there's a solid chance you'll be charged for them.

I hate that you can’t rank your price points within each show. HATE

Last year you could rank for PJ say GA first then reserved 2nd (and in the case of Camden lawn 3rd), but this year they don't have choice ranking withing the shows either.
Probably simplifies the system for TM, does complicate things for us a bit.

Last edited:
Lat year you could rank for PJ say GA first then reserved 2nd (and in the case of Camden lawn 3rd), but this year they don't have choice ranking withing the shows either.

Probably simplifies the system for TM, does complicate things for us a bit.

And PJ did it for years. The capability is there. Fuck simplicity, give me options.

Thanks for the explanation.

Super lame way to buy tix. I may actually sit on the fence and see how the reviews are and if I go, just buy on stubhub. At least I'll know where my seat is.

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Especially if they do announce a few more shows before this is all said and done.

Edge said 6 weeks, they’re at 4.5. 3.5 if you’re not counting opening weekend since it’s only 2 shows for the week vs their now apparently established 3 shows/week.

Once the general sales go through - if they’re as successful as anticipated -I’d expect the next announcement not too far after.

Edge said 6 weeks, they’re at 4.5. 3.5 if you’re not counting opening weekend since it’s only 2 shows for the week vs their now apparently established 3 shows/week.

Once the general sales go through - if they’re as successful as anticipated -I’d expect the next announcement not too far after.

yep

there's clearly space for shows in early November - prior to the F1 race.

:up:

I could see this thing going past F1, though. If the market will bear it, both U2 and MSG Group are going to want to take advantage.

I could see this thing going past F1, though. If the market will bear it, both U2 and MSG Group are going to want to take advantage.

it wouldn't shock me if they came back - but if they did, i think they'd take a break and come back in early spring. especially if they need to kill more time before Larry comes back

Rut roh. Never got a verified fan number. No tix. Oh well. Will keep an eye for more buying opportunities and in worst case, will just buy on stubhub.

It's pretty amazing how shitty TicketBastard has made the ticket buying experience. That company needs to go down.

Back
Top Bottom