Boston #4 setlist party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
happy birthday, kid. we're gonna talk about moms and babies dying of aids now

party_whistle_2022398c.jpg

Yeah all I think is "oh here comes a tedious speech, a mediocre snippet, Bono shouting over the intro, and the wrong lyrics". :sigh:

and really, do any of us contribute to the (red) campaign anymore? I thought that shit was done after the Vertigo tour considering I don't even think it was mentioned on 360!

I got a little disappointed when I saw I missed Gloria and Volcano by a day, but they also played Stuck and that song sucks. Also I saw them play Crystal Ballroom and All I Want Is You, so yesterday probably was the better set.

The Fly as intermission is interesting. I thought the whole point of the Wanderer as intermission is that it was a song that couldn't be played properly live (Johnny Cash being dead and all). Although I guess The Fly can't be played anymore because of Bono's hand? Speaking of, yesterday did they pull someone up to play guitar on All I Want Is You because they needed a second guitar? That was sort of funny too, seemed like Bono asked her last minute if she even knew how to play that song.

TD Garden - Boston, MA - July 15, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Fly (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves (snippet)
14 - Volcano
15 - Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - With or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
18 - City of Blinding Lights
19 - Bullet the Blue Sky / 19 (snippet)
20 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
---------- ENCORE BREAK ----------
21 - Beautiful Day / Happy Birthday (snippet)
22 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / Where the Streets Have No Name

I got a little disappointed when I saw I missed Gloria and Volcano by a day, but they also played Stuck and that song sucks. Also I saw them play Crystal Ballroom and All I Want Is You, so yesterday probably was the better set.

The Fly as intermission is interesting. I thought the whole point of the Wanderer as intermission is that it was a song that couldn't be played properly live (Johnny Cash being dead and all). Although I guess The Fly can't be played anymore because of Bono's hand? Speaking of, yesterday did they pull someone up to play guitar on All I Want Is You because they needed a second guitar? That was sort of funny too, seemed like Bono asked her last minute if she even knew how to play that song.

Bono didn't play guitar on Elevation Fly, did he?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I miss 360 One/Streets if only because both songs were generally played straight, were actually SUNG by Bono, etc. even if we knew what was coming every night.

Bono didn't play guitar on The Fly on the Elevation tour, and on other tours his guitar contributions were more for show than anything. Quiet distorted guitar that hung so low in the mix that you had to strain to hear it

My point? Bono-No-Guitaro isn't the thing stopping them from playing The Fly.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

of the two, i'd have to agree with you :up:

I miss 360 One/Streets if only because both songs were generally played straight, were actually SUNG by Bono, etc. even if we knew what was coming every night.
And the snippets were great. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, Hallelujah, even Amazing Grace...

This is my third party and I'm feeling more comfortable. So there's something I need to share. Here it comes...I don't like Bullet. I said it!

:reject::ohmy:

You know, it's one of my favorites, and the live performance was bad ass, but it didn't seem to really fit. I guess coming out of COBL didn't help, but it actually just doesn't seem to go with the second act, which is lighter in general. Bullet feels more in line with SBS and Wolves. Also, what's going on with that video and the megaphone? I know the song's political, but it seemed just a little much. Still, great performance, though I wish they use a song worth a damn (not Hands) to transition into Pride.

I was listening to a Lovetown version of Streets the other day and missed the California snippet

I always thought The Wanderer was a way to transition from Innocence to Experience (even if Act 2 really isn't about anything). Felt like it worked great, so curious to see how The Fly works.

Back
Top Bottom