Torino Setlist Party Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HMTMKMKm is bitchin'!!! I love that some MacPhisto character seeps through on the "you're turnin' tricks with your crucifix" line. I love Ultraviolet, but I think this song is so much more suited to some aloof microphone swinging.

I'm really digging the idea that it looks like there was a 50-year-old Fly on stage all night tonight!

Anybody else think that the Zoo Baby looks...older...in that video clip?

I'm starting to suspect Bono was injected not with bull's blood for his treatments/recovery, but with super-strength pheromones.

I mean, I'm reacting to it all the way from Italy, so SOMETHING must be up.

I should go over there and launch an investigation.

Yeah but I just now actually watched the end of that! Daaaaaang he takes a flying leap on it and rides that thing. :ohmy:

goood lord. He never did THAT before. :faint:

Yeah, Bono riding that mic = :faint:

And the more I watch these videos, the more I am :heart:ing Ad's new outfit! Where can I get me some sexy boots like that?!?!!? Those shoes are the coolest things ever!

And in case anyone wants a video setlist, AllU2 is composing one. I am dying here. All U2, All The Time: U2360 Opening Night in Turin, Italy: Report

Magnificent is awesome as a crowd sing-along. Easily the best NLOTH song on the album, and even greater live. Why oh why can't it be June 2011??

I'm starting to suspect Bono was injected not with bull's blood for his treatments/recovery, but with super-strength pheromones.

I mean, I'm reacting to it all the way from Italy, so SOMETHING must be up.

I should go over there and launch an investigation.

:lol:

So I just watched the intro and Beautiful Day. The notion of BD opening pissed me off to an unreasonable degree. Quite frankly, I've been bored of the song for a long time now. Don't get me wrong, it's a great song, just vastly overplayed in my little U2 world...three tours, the shows I've seen, the bootlegs I listen to, the dvds I watch...but damn if I'm not sold on this now. This just seemed so....joyful and fitting. :up: And the intro music is awesome...weird and quirky and cool. Not sure how well they flow* together, but I don't care.

*wtf?

sorry to come late to the party... but.. i have a few questions :reject::reject:

what exactly is stingray guitar and north star!?!?

are these new U2 songs? :ohmy::ohmy: :D

sorry to be so uninformed haha

Yes. They played 3 new songs.

Stingray was the intro to the show, which they played live.

North Star is a slow ballad.

Glastonbury is a rocker. :rockon:

Maybe he was on the screen during the new song.

Desmond Tutu IS .... the flowering rose of Glastonbury!

I think it's okay. I'd be curious to hear it as a full band arrangement (assuming that's the intent, to flesh it out more for an album).

Tutu did the usual bit before One, I think. *doesn't want to go back through the mountain of Twitter feed*:reject:

Just curious, but who is everyone following on twitter? I have Ax& Matt on @u2gigs, I have @atu2, @allu2, and of course Edge's account (which he'll hopefully pay attention to again). Anyone else good, especially for some of those amazing pictures?

wait so how do we know all the titles to these songs (other than north star)? did they announce them at the show or is it speculation?

The Stingray thing was (I think) printed in the tour program, and Bono announced the titles to the others during the show.

Just curious, but who is everyone following on twitter?

I hate Twitter.

/notthatyoucare

Just curious, but who is everyone following on twitter? I have Ax& Matt on @u2gigs, I have @atu2, @allu2, and of course Edge's account (which he'll hopefully pay attention to again). Anyone else good, especially for some of those amazing pictures?

I also follow U2Start and U2Log.

Those pics Bonocomet posted are from Getty Images and you have to go to their site to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom