Rome Setlist Party Thread I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:

Kidding about a drink or a pretzel?? C'mon...what's that, 5 bucks tops? :wink:

The Montreal tix went very, very fast...and I really can't afford another show. I can't even afford the ones I'm going to, but certain people who know who they are but shall remain nameless keep talking me into more. :eyebrow:

hahahaha! Okay, I undertstand...So if, Admission release more Montreal tickets and I have some extras for you. you might come for something better than a pretzel....But, what's better than a Big HUGE PRETZEL'S ??? Hum?:sexywink: :sexywink:

Mullen4Prez said:
The current streets is just as good as zootv version

Lets put it this way... when a certain colour appears in the TV screens and you hear those organs, is there any better place on earth to be? This tour has nothing on Zoo TV Streets

ruffian said:

sure, just get your Uni to hire me on a temporary contract.
We'll do a course titled something like "The Popular Construction of Political Ideologies: Irish Rock in Historical and Contemporary Perspective."

then we'll just look at Bono pictures all day and go to the pubs at night.

*snicker*

Can we just take the pictures to the pub? I'm thinking of enrolling :drool:

Wild, Vp, Dublin would never be the same once we finished with the place...can't speak for nurse chrissi but i have a feeling she'd be just as dangerous.

:tsk:

uwwedoogie said:

didnt like streets on Zootv, bono didnt put alot of effort in, the best example of Streets is either Slane 2 (classic) or from The Rattle & Hum dvd...

Or Lovetown.

1989-12-26, Dublin with William Wordsworth's Independence And Resolution in the intro :drool:

redkat said:

Can we just take the pictures to the pub? I'm thinking of enrolling :drool:

hell, forget the pictures and we'll just take bono to the pub :sexywink:

Axver said:

Zoo Station and The Fly instantly come to mind for me.

This tour's Fly is so incredible. :drool:

Yeah, You are Right about The Fly.... (Better now vs the ZOO)

Zoo Station, it's a close call....Not Easy one...Zoo Station has an opener was also Awesome...But the new version is powerfull and cool.!

Axver said:

Or Lovetown.

1989-12-26, Dublin with William Wordsworth's Independence And Resolution in the intro :drool:

I like the new Year's Eve 1989 at Point Depot Streets...if you cant see the new decade in with a live performance of streets then theres just no point in staying up is there??

VintagePunk said:

I read about a Philosophy course taught somewhere that focuses on U2. :drool:

:drool: I want that course!

(I've actually given serious thought to doing in depth study and classes on railways and their place in history and society, as I am just as much of a railway fanatic as I am a U2 fanatic.)

ruffian said:
Wild, Vp, Dublin would never be the same once we finished with the place...can't speak for nurse chrissi but i have a feeling she'd be just as dangerous.

:tsk:

too true - plus I have medical knowledge :evil:

fredstab said:

hahahaha! Okay, I undertstand...So if, Admission release more Montreal tickets and I have some extras for you. you might come for something better than a pretzel....But, what's better than a Big HUGE PRETZEL'S ??? Hum?:sexywink: :sexywink:

What on earth could be better than a pretzel? :wink: :lol:

fredstab said:

I so like RTSS, but i'm with you Zootv tour version was 10 times better.

In fact, name me one Zootv tour songs that is better live now?

PRIDE? NO
Where The Streets? Absolutely NO

Maybe....maybe....maybe (not even sure) Zoo Station....But Zoo Station was awesome in zoo too!

I love the intro to the Fly on the Elevation tour, but I don't know if I'd say it was better than Zoo, but really awesome...:drool:

fredstab said:

Yeah, You are Right about The Fly.... (Better now vs the ZOO)

Zoo Station, it's a close call....Not Easy one...Zoo Station has an opener was also Awesome...But the new version is powerfull and cool.!

Were you at the first Boston show? I was up in section 307 and even then, the Zoo Station intro went right through me. Abso-bloody-lutely incredible!! :rockon:

nurse chrissi said:

too true - plus I have medical knowledge :evil:

yes, and you once cured my hangover! :bow: i think you were a little tipsy while you bellowed out my instructions, but hey... :wink:

beachball said:

I love the intro to the Fly on the Elevation tour, but I don't know if I'd say it was better than Zoo, but really awesome...:drool:

i love how the chorus didnt overlapse between Bono & Edge in elevation fly either, i think that was the best, I think alot of people will agree too :wink:

I have always preferred the Streets from the 27-12-89:wink:

Anything up people? i am kinda in and out of this setlist party..trying to organise some files on my computer namely my U2 collection...

uwwedoogie said:

i fucking love that... that is so cool, well not cool, but its captures you, ya know?

Absolutely, and Bono's voice is so powerful. That performance and 1989-12-30, Dublin (with a Kerouac quote) and 1989-12-18, Amsterdam (with In God's Country) are my three favourite Streets of all time.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year´s Day (KORREKTUR)
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven´t Found
All I Want Is You
City Of Blinding Light
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can´t Make It On Your Own