The Definitive What The Heck Are Those Shades Bono is Wearing Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey gang, just an FYI that my connect on Yonge here in Toronto, who many of you know, has all colours of the Stargazer in stock and ready to ship.

He also may be able to do custom lenses, for the ultra discriminating buyer. I picked up a pair of the greens yesterday and will probably leave them as is, I quite like them for everyday wear even.

PM me if you don't already have his info, and want it.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hey Guys! Just saw a video on YouTube released a couple of days ago and Bono is wearing a pair of shades I've never seen before:

Anyone recognize these?

Just got my custom Bono IE Sunglasses (Stargazers and Zifi). https://bonoiesunglasses.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5

Big thanks to Gvox for recommending Mark at Crown Opticians in Toronto - 416-924-4384. Mark was such a pleasure to deal with, he orders everything all you have to do is put in your request. He's offering either pair customized for $275 US + shipping. Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting that. Just thought you all may be interested.

Hope you like the pics - the lenses are flawless - any back specs are from my camera.

Cheers friends!

Last edited:
Have we confirmed the model of Revo's that Bono wears (not the onstage Stargazers). The aviator style, currently on the cover of Queen magazine. Are they for sure the Zifi model? Maybe Racateur? He often wears them in pink... is this color avail? Or only in lavander(a darker purple shade)?

ThKWf

Where the heck can I find a replacement temple logo piece for the Bvlgari 8025? Or does anyone know another creative solution? I have searched the planet and still can't find a replacement part without buying new sunglasses.

Attachments

• IMG_2932.jpg
    IMG_2932.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 24
Wanted to share my new addition! This Bvlgari 611 pair is brand new never worn! I hope you like it :love:

Attachments

• IMG_2132.jpg
    IMG_2132.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2135.jpg
    IMG_2135.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2102.jpg
    IMG_2102.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 25
So lads.
I have this (what I would call) pretty complete collection of sunglasses Bono ever wore off and onstage.
Sadly, I find myself in a position in which I want (or need) to part from most of them. However, I intend to keep the most iconic ones, so bad news for the Bvlgari and Mikli hunters. But if you’re looking to complete or start your own collection…please drop me a line.

I’m too lazy to look up all the model codes and style numbers, but please don’t hesitate to ask, if you’re looking for a specific model. I just might have it.

So lads.
I have this (what I would call) pretty complete collection of sunglasses Bono ever wore off and onstage.
Sadly, I find myself in a position in which I want (or need) to part from most of them. However, I intend to keep the most iconic ones, so bad news for the Bvlgari and Mikli hunters. But if you’re looking to complete or start your own collection…please drop me a line.

I’m too lazy to look up all the model codes and style numbers, but please don’t hesitate to ask, if you’re looking for a specific model. I just might have it.

Dear Mark, I would also like a list like Martin did. Who knows ?
Hope you are fine. Take care.
Mathieu

Well guys, I'm really excited to see if Bono breaks out some new shades for us to collect this Friday. I think by the lack of activity in this thread lately we're all on the same page with a thumbs down on the round Lennon specs he's been sporting off stage. Well, at least that's how I've been feeling. God, I hope he doesn't wear them on tour...we'll see.:hyper:

I hope too, but Bono probably will not wear new shades on stage

Well guys, I'm really excited to see if Bono breaks out some new shades for us to collect this Friday. I think by the lack of activity in this thread lately we're all on the same page with a thumbs down on the round Lennon specs he's been sporting off stage. Well, at least that's how I've been feeling. God, I hope he doesn't wear them on tour...we'll see.:hyper:

I hope too, but Bono probably will not wear new shades on stage. I saw the video from Vancouver stadion and he is still wearing those uggly round "Lennon" pair :sad:

Since i sold off most of my shade collection to other members here. All i have left is the late 360 era Bvlgari's. The ones with with matte arms and see through lens.

But i have a question on about cleaning them and getting smudge out in a good way. They have become quite smudgy around the edges and where it sits on the noose. Is just water the best course of action?

I hope too, but Bono probably will not wear new shades on stage. I saw the video from Vancouver stadion and he is still wearing those uggly round "Lennon" pair :sad:

Sad...
I bought one pair with blue lenses and one with pink lenses of RB 3447.
Clearly the lenses are too light to be RB. They are customized as usually with bman. The only andvantage is that those shades are quite cheap...
In the same time this tour is not really a U2 Tour. It has been the same when they have performed the love comes to town tour. They are not presenting and giving live to a new album. So bono is wearing old shades...
Maybe I am searching too far but I guess he will wear brand new ones when we will get songs of experience tour...
That's why I did not take any ticket for the JT tour... for me this band is still creative and alive. I am not concerned by what they did 30 years ago even if I love their music.
So to say it clearly : a real U2 show is a show where they defend a new album, a new concept a new vision... over visibility :sexywink:

I'm going to run with that as a reason not to buy these Lennon specs and put them in my collection. Hey, at least we're all talking about shades again...been a while fellas ;) Remember to look me up if your summer travels bring you to Chicago - Lio and I just missed each other by a day last tour.

High Resolution photo of Bono with the Fly Shades

Does anyone have a high resolution photo of Bono with the Fly shades? Possibly the famous Rolling Stone cover or anything thing from the Zoo TV era?

Back
Top Bottom