Trump General Discussion V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay granted nationwide by a Brooklyn judge.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

A good friend was sponsoring a Syrian family who had spent 12 YEARS in a refugee camp. They were scheduled to arrive at O'Hare on Monday, and in anticipation had sold all their belongings and left the camp, arrived at orientation prior to the flight, and are now being sent back to the camp, with NOTHING.

Can you imagine spending 12 years in a refugee camp, being so excited at the prospect of being able to start again in a country that supposedly believes in freedom of religion and the right to the pursuit of happiness, and then being turned away 3 DAYS before the start of your new life and told you're not welcome anymore?

This is absolutely disgraceful. On Holocaust Remembrance Day, our country literally turned away refugees at our doors. On the same day that Mike Pence, who had previously described a ban on Muslims entering the country as un-American and unconstitutional, had the temerity to proclaim that life was winning again in America, America made a move that will result in the loss of innocent life.

I am livid right now. LIVID.
This makes me ill. I'm so sorry.
I tried calling my rep tonight to see if I could leave a voicemail , mailbox full. I will be watching in the next few days. Any rep or senator who doesn't come out strongly against this loses my vote, dem or not
Someone in the Indivisble group I'm in on Facebook sent our rep a pizza with vote no tillerson on it spelled out in olives when they couldn't get through the phone lines.

I will be VERY careful with who I vote for in 2018. These reps better open their eyes to that.

I hope that the protests continue. Had read that the ACLU has a few planned for tomorrow, but before the stay being granted.

There's one at LAX tomorrow, I guess. I'm going to try and go. I've never been to a protest before.

Not to be that guy...

But fuck Bernie Sanders and his supporters who decided that Clinton and Trump were part of the same "establishment".

Clinton would not have done any of this.

She may not have been a liberals wet dream, but again she's not THIS

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not to be that guy...

But fuck Bernie Sanders and his supporters who decided that Clinton and Trump were part of the same "establishment".

Clinton would not have done any of this.

She may not have been a liberals wet dream, but again she's not THIS

It's a shame that you are. Blaming Sanders and his supporters is meaningless, liberals need to stop punching left.

I think that there were many people thinking (hoping?) that he would moderate once in office.

I really think that he's not mentally well.

I don't think this is about him not being mentally well (which might very well be true).

He doesn't have a fucking clue what he's doing. That's the thing. He absolutely did not understand the immediate implications of his executive action.

Now, his mental instability comes from the aftermath. Donald did it, and therefore it was right.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

C3IS-pDW8AE5hr3.jpg:large

PS. I'll be protesting at LAX tomorrow. Looks like this might be a weekly thing until President Tiny Hands is deposed.

A lot of this is meant to overwhelm and distract news cycles.

It's been an intense 24 hours, and tonight I was trying to think of the other executive orders Trump signed this week. I couldn't, for the life of me, remember any, and these orders were just signed 2-3 days ago!

Meanwhile, Steven Bannon replaces the head of the US military at the National Security Council.

In a separate presidential memo, Trump reorganized the National Security Council to, along with other changes, give Bannon a regular seat on the principals committee — the meetings of the most senior national security officials, including the secretaries of defense and state.

That memo also states that the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will sit on the principals committee only when the issues to be discussed pertain to their “responsibilities and expertise.” In the previous two administrations, both were included as regular attendees.

While we were all distracted, this asshole replaced the director of national intelligence and the head of the joint chiefs with the Klansman from brietbart.

PS. I'll be protesting at LAX tomorrow. Looks like this might be a weekly thing until President Tiny Hands is deposed.
I saw you on the RSVP :happy:. How are you going to get there? Do you think it'll be heavy traffic? I may just take the Flyaway shuttle that I normally take, if it's just business as usual. Not 100% gauged on how big this protest is.

Most of the country falls on the liberal side of the issues.

Universal healthcare
Better gun laws
Gay marriage
Stricter regulations on Wall Street
Higher min wage

Yet these liberal ideas lost. Why? Is it really ONLY because rural America came out in select districts?

Or was it the Dems inability to unite behind Clinton (thanks to the screw job on Bernie....bullshit)?

The GOP have shown they will unite behind a mad man to get into power.

The Dems lost the plot

I saw you on the RSVP :happy:. How are you going to get there? Do you think it'll be heavy traffic? I may just take the Flyaway shuttle that I normally take, if it's just business as usual. Not 100% gauged on how big this protest is.

Heading to the Green Line and taking the train in from there. Not sure how bad the crowds will be. But the train can't be worse than last weekend.

Heading to the Green Line and taking the train in from there. Not sure how bad the crowds will be. But the train can't be worse than last weekend.

That is a looooooong ride for me....Hmmm, I'll think about it.

Well, today was certainly something. Encouraging, but the first of many steps. Resist.

Donated to the ACLU, they are gonna be on the front lines for what will be a looooong battle.

Yep. I hope they continue to fight and protest this and try and fix some of this insanity.

I don't know if there's any protests going on in my area, but you'd better believe I'll be calling and writing letters tomorrow. Some of my representatives, I can pretty much accurately guess they'll be stupid enough to support Trump on this, but I'm still going to make a fuss at them anyway.

And like Cori said, anyone who doesn't stand up to this, they're not getting my vote in 2018 either. Now is not the time to be a coward.

All these Syrians should just lie and pretend that they are Christians. You know, like how Republicans do.

Best. Post. Ever :up:.

Friday night, DHS arrived at the legal interpretation that the executive order restrictions applying to seven countries -- Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Sudan and Yemen -- did not apply to people who with lawful permanent residence, generally referred to as green card holders.

The White House overruled that guidance overnight, according to officials familiar with the rollout. That order came from the President's inner circle, led by Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon. Their decision held that, on a case by case basis, DHS could allow green card holders to enter the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom