Song For Someone - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heard this in a bar yesterday, not the sort of bar I'd expect U2 to be played in actually so I was quite surprised. Was nice to hear this song in another setting other than my car or through headphones, I enjoyed it :up:

Co-worker of mine in an adjacent cube usually has a radio on tuned to a station that plays basically Top 40 and mixes in classics from about the mid-80s forward (i.e. A-Ha, Journey, Wham). SfS came on today and I was pleasantly surprised.

Ever since I first heard Volcano it I hear:
Focking know, you don't wanna, you don't wanna know, focking know

Makes it a pretty weird song for me :wink:.

The virtual reality video is available through an app called Vrse - it's really cool. Thoroughly recommend checking it out. Could be in insight into the immersive stuff they want for SoE...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The video is indeed amazing. They asked of us who could sing and I put my hand up. They are going to make a video of us fans singing different parts of the song!

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

Just heard Song for Someone over I think what was the ending credits/montage for some special film on ESPN. Almost the full song, pretty cool. Did not expect to hear that song when I flipped on the TV!

so is this the most commented song from SOI? 15 months later and it seems like it's the only one consistently discussed

interesting because I still kinda think it's poo

Can't stand it. It's up there with Crazy Tonight.

Just a bore

nice song

I am listening for the first time right now and this may become my favorite U2 ballad... it used to be Trying to THrow Your Arms Around the World..

Interesting. Exact same post from "2 different" posters, 21 months apart. Exact same wording and exact same mis-capitalized H.

coincidence-i-think-not.jpg

Interesting. Exact same post from "2 different" posters, 21 months apart. Exact same wording and exact same mis-capitalized H.

coincidence-i-think-not.jpg

Ha, I mean who's just now listening to it for the first time? It's infested everyone's phone now for almost two years.

Maybe he got deeped? We're all in danger.

Thateled is a MelMephisto rewrite.

Additional oddity, maybe just random: THAvidesco wouldn't agree with THAteled

#Single4NoOne #AdeleMomPop

Does Edge play the solo in the live version of this song!!!???

Actually talked to my dad earlier this week and he said it's one of his favorite songs ever from them. Even started quoting the lyrics.

I hung up on him, and blocked his cell number.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom