Song For Someone - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am listening for the first time right now and this may become my favorite U2 ballad... it used to be Trying to THrow Your Arms Around the World...

Have been a U2 fan for over 30 years and have to be honest I thought No line was poor - I feared that the boy's songwriting had run dry.

This is a great song & enjoying the album. My faith is restored !

Good song but I find Bono's voice a little irritating on this one. Like he's trying too hard.

Thats all I wanted from this album... Edge in the driving seat. Hope I get to hear more of that in the rest

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

The song feels like a quick improvisation on the studio's stairs. Typical song for Bono to get some heavy clapping live, as I fear we won't have the chance to hear this full-band. Edge has some emotional backing vocals here, I just wish his solo was longer and deeper. His guitar is nowhere to be found in the album, sadly.

U2's confidence really comes through on this song. Has an Abbey Road quality to it.

Another big favorite, so far. Haunting ending. Admit, it would sound like a simple love song by any other band, but U2 makes it huge.

I liked this song initially and every subsequent listen I like it more. I'm finding that to be the case with almost all of the tracks on this LP.

Good song....at the moment 8/10

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

The outro of this track is absolutely brilliant....it ends a little too abruptly but in a way I think it's effective in keeping the listener wanting more...what a melody. This better be a single.

This is the one song I'm not feeling... too sappy for me at the moment

I'm pleasantly amused by Bono's decision to channel Menudo, with this song.

Good song about fucking Ali for the first time. Must have been awkward to go in that direction but Bono points that out on the U2.com letter he did. It's heartfelt and risky to open up that much. It's up there with An Cat Dubh.

Not a fan. Kind of sounded formulaic, agh. Even trying to think about it, I don't remember it at all. Oops :D better go listen again. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom