Shuttlecock XXIX: You Snooze, You Get a Boring Thread Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ... good musicians are hot. :wink:

I have to put that disclaimer in there.

(And it doesn't take a genius to know that yes, Diemen is in that category. ;) )

It's all good. :hug:

So my roommate secretly taped me playing my piano after it arrived yesterday (apologize for the head tilting):

:love:

Will you please kick my neighbor out and move in next door to me in his place? My new neighbor is a jazz man and the other night had a whole freaking combo playing until the wee hours of the morning - drums, guitar, piano. Sounded like a jazz bar had moved into our quiet little neighborhood. I guess he's sort of well-known locally but I had never heard of him. I had to have a little talk with him. He brought me flowers to apologize but I wasn't home but that was nice so I guess we can work it out. I'd much rather have some Chopin floating softly over the fence...

Why does this always happen to me? Just because I love music doesn't mean I want a band living next door.

In other exciting news, I had the same problem on my computer that this site was having necessitating nuking my C: drive and installing a new OS. My geeky computer guy who I trusted given his 500gbs of music managed to lose over half of my iTunes library in the process (and apparently my backup drive had not actually been backing up properly). So I'm really happy about that and stuff. :happy:

It's so weird and random. I'm glad I actually buy CDs so all is not lost but man, what a pain in the ass. I'm sitting here loading Joshua Tree and Ok Computer back into my iTunes. Oh but of course Pablo Honey and October are there just fine. :| I think I lost every single one of my Radiohead B-sides which seriously sucks but fortunately I'm being all Zen about it.

so Bruce was pretty awesome last night in Balty.

the three Bruce shows i've seen clocked in at 2:45, 2:20, and 2:40, respectively.

last night's was easily 3:20. he came on at 8:20 and played until 11:40. honestly, it was almost too much. i wish Shuttlecock would give us another 30 minutes, but 3:20 is like ... damn. after American Land (which i adore), he then did "Dancing in the Dark," and then did "Rosalita," and then he did "Glory Days." so that was all pretty awesome.

but the highlight was that he did the entirety of Born To Run. now, i find "Night" a waste of time, and i'm not nearly as big a fan of "She's the One" as others (Martha) are, but the rest of it got me as orgasmic as i've ever been at any show in my life. especially "Backstreets," my favorite Bruce song, and the segue into BTR is, like, the best transition EVER. :drool:

and the Baltimore arena was tiny and unloved and straight out of 1971, much like Baltimore itself, which made it even better. there couldn't have been more than 10,000 people in there.

/fanboy off

Wow, I really fucked that up. Right away when the sale started, I pulled up 6 cheap seats. But they were in the corner of the stage almost behind it.

I got greedy.

Guess who didn't get tickets for her family?

:sad: I can't believe I fucked that up. Oh well. I'll keep trying.

Irvine, glad the Boss was boss.

Do you need these back?

Desperately. Although they're on my iPod and I know there's a way to get stuff off there and back onto my computer but I'm kind of overwhelmed with this whole mess. I seem to either have nothing or 4 copies of things. I have 4 copies of In Rainbows, for example. So I'm giving myself carpal tunnel syndrome deleting stuff. And it's also taking like 3 mins per song to upload CDs. Wtf did this guy do to my computer?! I mean I need a new one and all but it should be faster now that it's all cleaned up, not slower.

There is some weird logic to things that are missing. All of my favorite CDs are missing. Every single one of them, because they are the first things I loaded into iTunes way back when. At some point I was running out of disk space on my hard drive so we added another drive and files somehow got split up into different drives. I can't explain it but I kind of get what happened although understanding doesn't help much. :(

Yeah, TMI.

Sigh. Oh well. I needed a big project to focus on since the boyfriend breakup. :happy:

I have a lot of R.head stuff too, joyful. And I still have all the Tori rarities you sent me. Let me know if there's anything I can send your way, either via internet or disc. :hug:

I can help with u2 rarities and live stuff if you lost anything in that vein.

Radiohead .... uh ...... I have their cover of New Order's Ceremony, but that's about it.

How hard would I get laughed at if I admitted that I had no idea Steve Lillywhite was British?

:reject:

Are you trying to load one song at a time? Did you perhaps zip the files? You could then go to You Send It or Mega - Upload or Send-Space, and you click 'upload', find the file(s) on your computer and click. When it's done uploading, it will give you a link that you give to your friend so that they can download said file(s).

Are you trying to load one song at a time? Did you perhaps zip the files? You could then go to You Send It or Mega - Upload or Send-Space, and you click 'upload', find the file(s) on your computer and click. When it's done uploading, it will give you a link that you give to your friend so that they can download said file(s).

This sounds familiar, but I've never zipped a file in my life.

This sounds familiar, but I've never zipped a file in my life.

You're on a Mac, right? Right-click on the file/folder and click "Compress..." It'll zip it for you. :)

Also, the tickets you got this morning, are they for Minneapolis, by chance? :hyper:

No. They were for Anaheim 2. :reject:

I'll try the zip thing tomorrow. Right now my headache and I are going grocery shopping, and I have the opera tonight.

:lol: It's cool. It'd be quite the trip out here for you.

Have fun at the opera!

and I have the opera tonight.

:sexywink:
2010 Season Announced - The Santa Fe Opera

Thanks everybody for your offers to help me out with my lost music files. I've spent the whole weekend working on this and I'm in good shape now, except for the carpal tunnel in my mouse-clicking hand & shoulder. Still uploading CDs but there are few things that are actually completely lost, just a pain in the ass to get back on my computer (like LOTS and LOTS of great songs from mixes that people gave me that I have to individually upload again and re-title and all that...it will take a month of Sundays). It doesn't help that I'm completely and hopelessly anal about everything being perfectly labeled with artwork, etc.

martha, I'll send you a list of RH b-sides I'd love to get back - I didn't lose all of them after all but quite a few.

HG - miraculously none of my Tori b-sides were lost.

Wow, I really fucked that up. Right away when the sale started, I pulled up 6 cheap seats. But they were in the corner of the stage almost behind it.

I got greedy.

Guess who didn't get tickets for her family?

:sad: I can't believe I fucked that up. Oh well. I'll keep trying.

Irvine, glad the Boss was boss.

:( :hug:
That's rough. But something better will turn up and you'll be glad you rejected bad seats for the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom