Shuttlecock XXIX: You Snooze, You Get a Boring Thread Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glenn Beck is the Republican Michael Moore. People who consider themselves on the "same side" as either of the above two people think their respective douche isn't a douche at all. People who don't consider themselves on the "same side" correctly realize that person is a douche. I just think it's sad anyone could like either. US attempts to polarize politics are pathetic, I'm embarrassed for anyone who thinks the Democrats are in any way or shape different than the Republicans. If you're a conservative, why the hell would you ever like someone as bland and middle of the road as the Republicans? if you're a liberal, why would you ever like someone as bland and middle of the road as the Democrats? They're identical, they just pretend to cater to the opposite ends of the spectrum.
it's hard to deny moore isn't a total douche. his "documentary" technique is superb, however. his stuff is worth watching just for the sake of seeing how it's done (just, you know, ignore the content).

luckily though, it's been years since i've seen any of his work.

thanks everyone for the TV info.

i think LCD probably makes more sense, and we're looking at 46-52".

which is good, because it's lighter on the wallet, but i'll go to Best Buy or whatever and compare pictures.

I am of the opinion that gay couples should not be allowed to buy LCD or plasma flat panel televisions. Stick to the traditional sets or, if you really want to, get a flat screen television, which looks just like an LCD flat panel TV, but leaves the real thing to the rest of us.

I mean, come on. What's next, you're going to want to get a Blu-ray player, too?

Steve was noticing the Beck conversation, so I was treated to a little rant just now. The best quote from that rant: "Glenn Beck is the Voice of the Moron."

morans.jpg

I credit my return. :)

I'm also slightly disappointed that no one this week has commented on me changing my avatar after like half a year with Bill Hicks (though he's still in the signature).

I WAS FOULED!

I credit my return. :)

I'm also slightly disappointed that no one this week has commented on me changing my avatar after like half a year with Bill Hicks (though he's still in the signature).

I WAS FOULED!

Easy, no one gives a shit.

I missed the TV discussion.

I have a Panasonic Plasma and love it. It's a 46 inch.

Plasmas tend to have superior black levels, which in turn make for better, truer colors.

And the whole "burn in" thing is not an issue anymore. That was more of a problem when plasmas first came out.

LCDs are not as heavy and tend to also have vibrant colors. They are also a bit cheaper.

In short, you can't go wrong either way. Both are excellent quality.

I'm a little dismayed that my crazy Tom Cruise anti-psychiatry reference went unnoticed in that thread. :(

Because the camera in my phone is shitty, my Vancouver pictures only looked good while on my tiny phone screen.

You should have seen this one on my phone - it was spectacular! Here, not so much. But hey, it's a shot of the Claw with a roof over it, from the very back of the floor.

Bcclaw4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom