Shuttlecock! Part X - Forfeit! Racquet Smash!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It's certainly a better record by a country mile. And Okkervil River might just be a better band. I'm just trying to con myself into liking No Net somehow.

And they also will not be seen by me tonight because of bullshit.

I would love to sit down and talk with them, but one of those public meeting things doesn't appeal to me at all.

It would have to be spontaneous for me, like if I was having a drink after a show in Boston, and all of the sudden one of them sauntered up to the bar, sat down and ordered something, and we just began chatting about shit.

astleybond.jpg

I agree. It's certainly a better record by a country mile. And Okkervil River might just be a better band. I'm just trying to con myself into liking No Net somehow.

Fucking sucks, man.

Let alone fanfiction for Irvine!

I went back and edited my comment because I thought the new response was funnier than the naughty fanfiction one.

Was it funnier? Shuttlecock history will surely ignore it anyway be the judge.

Fucking sucks, man.

It does indeed, but let's just say I should have known better.

Anyfart,

1. No Net on the Horizon
2. Winner
3. Moment of Service
4. White as Talcum
5. Cock - Being Engorged
6. Courts of Lebanon

That EP is nothing to sneeze at.

Lustful minds think alike. :hi5:

though we have established that i'm really not into U2 as sexual objects. i've always thought of Bono as a mentor and a soul mate, because i'm really the only person alive who truly understands his music and his lyrics. and, his activism, man. you know, Bono and i just sort of get each other, and we have since i became a fan around 1990 or so.

I like Okkervil. A lot. But, I've seen them Live once now, and they are light years away from being a better band. Maybe it was just not a good venue for them to get their sort of music across. The National, now there's a band that I think kicked a lot of ass Live.

Impy, wow, that fucking sucks. Sorry.

I'd like to meet the band, I think, but I'd never go out of my way to make that happen. so, I'll likely never meet them. I'd just stammer like a fucking tool anyway.

I like Okkervil. A lot. But, I've seen them Live once now, and they are light years away from being a better band. Maybe it was just not a good venue for them to get their sort of music across. The National, now there's a band that I think kicked a lot of ass Live.

I think 90% of bands music doesn't work in a huge Festival type setting. See them in a small club, and you'll be 157% blown away. The only reason I even like the band is because of their opening performance for The Decemberists years ago. Seeing them 3 or 4 years later supporting The Stage Names was one of my favorite concerts evar. (I am extremely biased towards them though, as pretty much no one makes music I relate to as closely as they do) :up:

I can think of a good use for them.

:whistle:

:shimmiestowardsbomac: :flirt:

When I was in line at one of the NYC shows last tour, Bono came by and did the autograph thing - it was a total madhouse of people reaching and crowding and yelling his name, I just stood back and watched from afar. I didn't want to be anywhere in that mess.

Plus, the GA line numbering got all out of whack after that, and no one ever came through to check numbers .... I have some bad concert karma coming to me because my friend and I ended up much closer than we should have been. :shifty:

But anyway, I'm really grateful that I got to have a Bono moment away from that kind of chaos, that it was just a small group of people, and those of us who had something to say got to say it with him giving us his full attention. (And to quote NSW, I hope that doesn't come across like bragging - if that's the only encounter I ever have with any of them, it was a great one to have, and it's a very happy memory for me.)

And that I didn't say anything completely embarrassing.

Not at all - I admit getting caught up in the madhouse crowds once or twice, and being so close to Bono I could touch his arm (and I did cause you know, it was there :shifty: ) but I've had those from afar moments with the band and come on now, Larry - LARRY - actually sat down and handed me and my friend his sticks. That was and always will be my ultimate U2 moment, hands down.

i think you could appreciate the photography of Tom Bianchi.

just one example:

onthecouch1.jpg

Dayum.

Dammit. Pics are blocked here at school.

For good reason, trust me. :shifty:

I think 90% of bands music doesn't work in a huge Festival type setting. See them in a small club, and you'll be 157% blown away. The only reason I even like the band is because of their opening performance for The Decemberists years ago. Seeing them 3 or 4 years later supporting The Stage Names was one of my favorite concerts evar. (I am extremely biased towards them though, as pretty much no one makes music I relate to as closely as they do) :up:

Yeah, that's fair. And, to reiterate, I am a big fan. I will revisit their albums years from now, whereas a lot of the newer music I'm introduced to and like, probably lacks staying power.

I'd argue for them as well, even over Okkervil River. The National is my vote for best band of the decade, as I've said in the past. I'm not talking about being a better live band though. I'm saying who's been better the past decade? Take what Shuttlecock's been up to during the lifespan of Okk and the National and weigh it against what they came up with. It simply doesn't compare.

It does. It's the third time I've been screwed out of seeing the same band by the same individual.

It does. It's the third time I've been screwed out of seeing the same band by the same individual.

Please give me this person's name and address, I will stab them so many times that my new nickname will be Stabby McStab and/or Sir Stabs-A-Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom