Shuttlecock XXVI: There is no Boner only ZUUL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to be a fly in the wall during that conversation:

Edge: So this album was kind of a failure, but we could still develop these musical ideas further in a more organic and natural form.
Boner, the Liar: Nahhhh, I think we're good. How about I write some on-the-nose, saccharine lyrics that pass as honesty and sprinkle some actual decent shit in there somewhere?
British Adam: Yeah! And then we'll send a song to be in Tomb Raider!
Edge: As long as I get to digitally interact with Angelina Jolie, I'm down.
Boner, the Liar: Splendid. I'm going to campaign for an entire continent, see you all in 6 months. I'll fax you when I'm done writing "Wild Honey." That shit's going to be intense.
Larry: I fucking hate everything.

I love this.

and the last time U2 really took a real risk, musically speaking.

ok, honestly, this is the line of thinking that bothers me most about Pop, an album i like.

i was listening to Prodigy, Underworld, Chemical Brothers, Moby, et al, back in 1997. it was totally Shuttlecock trying to trend monger, and it blew up in their faces.

sure, the songs are good live, but i really feel like the album is U2 playing dress-up.

I tell ya, put Discotheque on and try, just try, to stay under the speed limit on a two-lane highway in the middle of nowhere.

Can't be done. :tsk:
or see if you can resist the urge to blast the song.

i forget when i bought pop exactly, it was either april or may of 97. i remember i had it by the time i saw them, but i didn't buy it the day it came out. i've loved it since i first heard it, but it's never been my favourite album. that title has always belonged to achtung baby. hell, i remember sitting at home trying to find ways to cure my boredom that summer break and i ranked all the u2 songs from favourite to least favourite. i wish i could still find that list. all i remember is lemon was #1.

Pop is better than Irvine thinks but worse than the worshippers think.

Mofo live is a fucking monster.

Oh, and, hey guys, JessicaAnn is back on the site. So, yeah, um.

i like Pop. i just think that it's the Radiohead of U2 albums. only you, careful discerning listener, understand what they were on about.

or just on.

jesus, I thought I clicked on this thread and saw a numbered poster and nearly did the movie-style NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then I realized it was the Sarah Palin thread. I thought I was gonna need to do cpr on myself.

But I have to confess, I'm one of those tight-asses who hates the smell of pot smoke at concerts. :reject:

But I have to confess, I'm one of those tight-asses who hates the smell of pot smoke at concerts. :reject:

but do you judge? do you imagine Bono making a "just say no" speech to the kids right after the second song?

because there are some who do.

Thanks, guys.

Same old story: girl meets boy, girl and boy have lovely times for two and a half months, girl loses boy in tragic blimp accident, blah blah blah.

Rats, phooey and a big, heavy sigh.

Well at least until we have a pinko commie utopia universal health care. Then you might be able to pick it up again.

Well at least until we have a pinko commie utopia universal health care. Then you might be able to pick it up again.

now that the public option is apparently dead, Memphis will no longer be my assistant in my wildly popular knife throwing act we perform Tuesday nights at JR's over on 17th street.

we do a great routine set to "9 to 5." the whole bar sings along.

I have no idea who James May is. But thanks all the same. :)

It was very nice, and at least it got me back on the dating horse after two and a half years.

Oh well.

Let's play some music that's worth of dancing to. Right now.

Tumble outta bed and I stumble to the kitchen
Pour myself a cup of ambition
Yawnin', stretchin', try to come to life
Jump in the shower and the blood starts pumpin'
Out on the streets the traffic starts jumpin'
And folks like me on the job from nine to five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom