Shuttlecock XXVI: There is no Boner only ZUUL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some great tracks on there: Gloria, I Threw a Brick, Rejoice, the title track.

I've always dug "I Fall Down" and "Stranger in a Strange Land."

It's Larry's best album, too, no doubt.

I like I Fall Down, Fire, and Tomorrow as well.

Larry did some good stuff on that album, yes.

It's probably Bono's weakest album before ATYCLB, though.

Why is October even a candidate for being ripped? There's nothing particularly bad on it like the worst tracks on The Bomb or Behind.

Also, calling The Bomb "Hut Dab" is fucking retarded. That's not up for debate either.

Yeah, I'm not going to get into it. If you think that's their best album, if you really believe that to be the case, there's nothing to talk about. Glad you like it that much, I guess.

i was just kidding. i think it's great but i just like other albums even more. obviously everyone are entitled to feel how they feel about something as subjective as music, of course.

Of course everyone's entitled. I just find it.....well, a little.....I don't know the word.....that Pop is placed on that lofty of a pedestal. I like it a lot, and bless the band for going that route and all.....but, yeah.

It's a good idea, poorly executed. The band figured it out, eventually. An album of the performances on PopMart would be awesome.

No idea. It's a demo tape.

and october is largely rushed and about the same as a demo tape but we aren't looking down on people for liking that.

Of course everyone's entitled. I just find it.....well, a little.....I don't know the word.....that Pop is placed on that lofty of a pedestal. I like it a lot, and bless the band for going that route and all.....but, yeah.

i kinda know what you mean. there's some things i'd love to like or would like more, but because of the constant wanking on interference about whatever the subject, it just irritates me enough that i can't get as much enjoyment out of it independently of interference. i've taken your point and gone too far with it, but i know what you mean.

None, NSW. None many.

Though Pop was actually the first U2 album I owned, and I do think there is some incredible work on there, and the last time U2 really took a real risk, musically speaking.

Last edited:
None, NSW. None many.

Though Pop was actually the first U2 album I owned, and I do think there is some incredible work on there, and the last time U2 really took a real risk, musically speaking.

I'd love to be a fly in the wall during that conversation:

Edge: So this album was kind of a failure, but we could still develop these musical ideas further in a more organic and natural form.
Boner, the Liar: Nahhhh, I think we're good. How about I write some on-the-nose, saccharine lyrics that pass as honesty and sprinkle some actual decent shit in there somewhere?
British Adam: Yeah! And then we'll send a song to be in Tomb Raider!
Edge: As long as I get to digitally interact with Angelina Jolie, I'm down.
Boner, the Liar: Splendid. I'm going to campaign for an entire continent, see you all in 6 months. I'll fax you when I'm done writing "Wild Honey." That shit's going to be intense.
Larry: I fucking hate everything.

Edge: I'm so disappointed with the last album. Last Night on Earth was NOT as good as Sunday Bloody Sunday.

I think Pop is good, although I don't think even the most widely-loved tracks on it are as good as others do. Like Gone. I think Gone is just okay.

Moving indeed, April.

Heh, I feel like I should've paid a mover and gotten it all done in one shot. Sounds like yours is going well. :up:

I feel like listening to October now - this is one of the times I love my iPod the mostest because if this was, say 1999 and I was moving and wanted to listen to October, I'd be out o' luck if it was packed up.

POP the album is meh, at best, in my opinion. But some of those tracks really come alive at a concert, and I'd be so-ooo happy to hear one again. I'd be happy with MOFO, Gone, or Please.

I also would love to hear Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me live again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom