Shuttlecock! Part IX - Squeezing out cocks of light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have to think that Best Buy's initial sale price for the deluxe set will be heavily marked down the first week. They are usually very good at that.

That's what I'm putting all my money on (figuratively and literally) as well.

Shuttlecock are going to be able to buy quite a nice racket with just the money I've spent on the album alone.

Did you find a place doing a midnight release?

Yes! :drool:

Easy Street Records

Well, kind of. They're always open until midnight on Mondays, specifically designed for crazy people who want to show up to buy a new release as soon as they can.

It's my favorite local record store to boot, so this makes me doubly happy. They always have an awesome selection of used stuff.

For those of you who ordered from the UK, have fun waiting. My Get On Your Badminton Shoes single I purchased from Amazon UK has still not arrived, and it's closing in on 2 weeks since it shipped.

I'll be buying a standard version disc and hopefully Best Buy or somewhere has the ultra fancy deluxe versions, as I'll buy one of those too. Yay for paying for the same album 3 times!

I've ordered a lot from Amazon.Uk and have never had an issue. You fucking mormon.

That rules. My local independent shop used to do that every Monday night as well, but they stopped a year or two back. :angry:

I don't know if Walmart will have it at midnight or not, they normally don't have music at midnight, but I remember they were selling Atomic Serve at midnight. :shrug:

I've ordered a lot from Amazon.Uk and have never had an issue. You fucking mormon.

As have I, you just never know if it will take 4 days or 2 and a half weeks.

That's the problem with international post office shipments, we have the same issue with sending international small parcel shipments through USPS to other countries at work as well.

That's the problem with international post office shipments, we have the same issue with sending international freight through USPS to other countries at work as well.

Maybe if you didn't work at the new Mcdonald's in town you'd have better luck.

I just made myself a double latte. At 2:30 in the afternoon. i don't know what I was thinking. Now I'm having trouble focusing on work and would rather dance around my department being goofy. Whoooooooooooooooooo!

I had called my second favorite local shop and asked if they ever did midnight releases for new albums, and it went something like this:

Sonic Boom: "Hmm, I'm not sure. What release are you thinking of?"

Eager Cori: "U2!"

Sonic Boom: " ................................ yeah, I don't think we'll be doing that."

Indietastic fuckers.

That's the problem with international post office shipments, we have the same issue with sending international small parcel shipments through USPS to other countries at work as well.

Still waiting for my Radiohead t-shirt. :angry:

They've had my money for 6 weeks. Me, still no recycled plastic piece of shit t-shirt.

The Best Buy website isn't even showing the Limited Box on their site right now. But they do have the magazine edition listed with a sale price of $36.99.

This is probably going to be next week's price because the basic version is showing up at $9.99 right now. That ain't going any lower.

So if they're carrying the boxed set (and I could have sworn I saw it on their site before), there's no way it's going to be under $50.

Part 1 & 3 are pretty cool too!

Sometimes Best Buy will have their Sunday ad up online a few days before, so you can see what's coming up as far as sales.

\driveby

I am happy you are keeping your job but sad that this means no more Sock games for us.

Well...I will be round on weekends in Indy, and I have no doubt that we will hit Chicago before we move (selling the condo is a whole different deal).

When are they playing the Twins? :hmm:

I have a crapload of Best Buy RewardZone dollars after buying a washer and dryer this past fall. Washer and dryer means free limited edition "No Net."

Well...I will be round on weekends in Indy, and I have no doubt that we will hit Chicago before we move (selling the condo is a whole different deal).

When are they playing the Twins? :hmm:

I have a crapload of Best Buy RewardZone dollars after buying a washer and dryer this past fall. Washer and dryer means free limited edition "No Net."

Keep me in the loop regarding visiting Chicago.

Still noodling around in the Comcast On Demand folder....even though I own most of this stuff on DVD....anyway, watching Zoo TV right now, and, for fuck's sake, how awesome is Until the End of the World?

Seriously.

Neither am I. Seriously!

Until the End of the World from Zoo Europa Dublin came up on my iPod on the way home, and I got all excited. I meant to come home and watch my Zoo Sydney DVD tonight, but then I made tacos for dinner and started to watch a different DVD and then fell asleep on the couch and now here I am instead.

I'd be fucking lying my ass off if I claimed that I don't laugh at race-based humor. Including jokes aimed at my own shifty people. I think that there's a line, albeit a blurry one, that I try not to cross but I'm human and find some humor in these sort of jokes from time to time.

I actually agree with him to a point. I just laughed out loud when I saw that and had to post it here, with a few corrections to make it more applicable.

I didn't even read it, but appreciated your editing on the quote you posted.

I'm sure it's just the ramblings of an old man whose values are different than preceding generations.

It doesn't help that I can't look at one of Clint Eastwood's ramblings without thinking of LMP's extremely humorous Eastwood av from a couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom