Shuttlecock! Part IX - Squeezing out cocks of light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since no one's up anymore, I'll just throw in my comment on the Boner appearance front. I do agree with Cori and others that the Atomic Serve/Squirtigo days were not kind, though I didn't much like the album/tour before that, either.

My personal opinion is that he never looked cooler than he did in the Marvin tribute Serve the Children video. Backwards kangol-type hat, scruffy facial hair, cigarillo. Plus the track itself is some Nelle Hooper trip-hoppity sweetness. Love the duet with Marvin doing the low spoken part and Boner the higher sung echoes. The video kicks ass, too.

Dig:

YouTube - Save The Children - Bono

Since no one's up anymore, I'll just throw in my comment on the Boner appearance front. I do agree with Cori and others that the Atomic Serve/Squirtigo days were not kind, though I didn't much like the album/tour before that, either.

My personal opinion is that he never looked cooler than he did in the Marvin tribute Serve the Children video. Backwards kangol-type hat, scruffy facial hair, cigarillo. Plus the track itself is some Nelle Hooper trip-hoppity sweetness. Love the duet with Marvin doing the low spoken part and Boner the higher sung echoes. The video kicks ass, too.

Dig:

I seriously dig. I forgot all about that.

Dig:

YouTube - Save The Children - Bono

You should move to France and be done with it.

I think he looks kinda hoboish...My favourite Bono look was the sort of Elvis Costello thing he had going pre-ATYCLB or the look he had during Passengers.

But we all have our own definitions of cool.

Guys sorry to intrude again, but I've gotten myself in a bit of a pickle using a (stolen, yes) shuttlecock reference over here:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...erference-culture-show-evening-194193-21.html

Help, if you feel so inclined. :lol:

BTW - If Boner grows his hair or even thinks about that straw hat ever again, now THATS knife-crime inducing. Just on a random person, surely. He's never looked better (well Pop days were :up: too ;) )

I never knew about it. :reject:

Boner's best look was introducing Sinatra at the Grammies.

And I mean that in every Pleba way possible. :shifty:

I think I saw it once. That Save the Children look was very cool at the time but really dated now despite Phillip Seymour Hoffman sort of trying to bring it back.

He did look good for the Sinatra intro although it's not my favorite look. I like how he looks in ZooTV during the B-stage set.

The entire band will never look better than this.

awesomeU2pic.jpg

GUN CRIME

We rocked out to Shuttlecock3D, after all. Boner flapped his arms at us.

HA! Maybe Bono was being all prescient (sp?) and stuff, imitating a birdie?

Boner's best look was introducing Sinatra at the Grammies.

Mmm. Yes, please.

Bucket on the head crime. Wtf is that?!

You know what's worse? That looks like a chamberpot to me.

1. Today is my 7-year work anniversary. Holy crap, that's a long time.

2. Our workplace's favorite bar down the street was on fire this morning. (I hope Bono's okay.)

3. SIX DAYS.

One of my coworkers came by and said "I was listening to the radio on the way in, and I thought a new U2 song was on, but then the DJ said it was Coldplay."

She had no idea why I thought that was so funny. :)

Ha. No, no, no. I mean that I'm not calling deez nuts anything other than by they given name--No Line on the Horizon.

Only because I know the majority of people I actually like on this site read through this thread.....

I learned today that I will still be employed with "merged" company Monday. Not only that, but I will have a new job, work for a few months temporarily in Minneapolis and move to Atlanta.

Additional bonus: my new director had a specific note about Shuttlecock (U2) as one of his Outlook reminders last week. This could be a dream job.

Yay for continuing employment! Congrats. :)

Try not to cheat when you get to Atlanta, though. People will assume you're cheating anyway.

Try not to cheat when you get to Atlanta, though. People will assume you're cheating anyway.

:lol: And if you have an assistant, for God's sake don't get her cell phone no.

Congrats, zoney! Maybe I'll finally get to meet you in ATL since I discovered on the Radiohead tour how easy it is to stop over on my way to see family in VA.

Only because I know the majority of people I actually like on this site read through this thread.....

I learned today that I will still be employed with "merged" company Monday. Not only that, but I will have a new job, work for a few months temporarily in Minneapolis and move to Atlanta.

Additional bonus: my new director had a specific note about Shuttlecock (U2) as one of his Outlook reminders last week. This could be a dream job.

Congrats, and, good luck in Germany with the new gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom