Shuttlecock! Part III - Just the Cock and the Shuttle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So one of those new track-by-track reviews mentioned that the album opens with Boner singing before Harry's drums even come in. Interesting.

Also there's talk of a possible French Horn on Unknown Cock, "Madchester ecstasy club" sounds on Stand Up Cock, and irregular hand percussion on Moment of Shuttlecock.

I'm really liking the sound of this.

We're four weeks from getting 'cocked. The emerging descriptions are getting me more excited.

I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too much, just in case this is another BOMB :tsk:

I guess I should pre-order the super-deluxe-extra wacky-super special-woop-dee-doo edition at some point as well... Is the Amazon.com price still the best?

I'm expecting Best Buy to have a comparable price to Amazon's, and I won't have to worry about it getting lost in the mail or being late or something. Their current list price for the box is $89.99, whereas Amazon's is $95.98. That tells me their sale should be in the neighborhood of Amazon's, and possible lower.

I'm up here freezing my ass off in Canada... Our Best Buys are less reliable :tsk:

It looks to me that Amazon.ca is offering it for $105 CAD with free shipping vs Amazon.com is offering it for $67.49 USD with $15 S&H...

I'm thinking of going through .com since even after the exchange rate it works out a little cheaper and the US site is more reliable, usually...

According to one of these early reviews there's a chance that the Boner actually says the word COCK in one of the songs!

Track 10: Breathe

This is pushier at immediately, coming with a bit of attitude. Did Bono really just say he is "not somebody's cockatoo"? He definitely says "I'm running down the road like loose electricity while the band in my head plays a striptease" and it's an apt description of this land of atmosphere and aggression.

He's totally been reading this thread. :drool:

I can't be bothered to read all of these descriptions, other peoples' opinions of Shuttlecock songs means jackshiite to me.

I can't be bothered to read all of these descriptions, other peoples' opinions of Shuttlecock songs means jackshiite to me.

Same, but hearing about all of these quirky cocktastic arrangements make me a bit excited.

I want to be surprised by how it all sounds in that regard too I guess.

That said, it pleases me that it is crazy and such.

It's almost 11 o'clock here in mountain time. Somebody make my day and say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom