NBA 2022-23 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why you're all getting excited about Lillard. Dude is 33 and miles past his best.

He’s more 28 because he’s played in like 6 playoff games and well rested. Lebron is 125 by comparison.

Not sure why you're all getting excited about Lillard. Dude is 33 and miles past his best.
He still has a lot of good basketball in him. Essentially, this move is creating another solid window for Milwaukee, probably an additional 3-4 years and then they'll have to hope to find another solid role player.

Giannis wants to stay in Milwaukee and his comments were very strategic in keeping the window open, just like the last time ESPN tried to convince everyone that he was leaving.

As long as you can continue to get him to believe that Wisconsin is the only state in the union with Chick-Fil-A, he'll stay a Buck. If he ever finds out that it's a nation-wide chain, you're screwed.

I'm pretty sure he was told that Wisconsin is the only state in the US.

Jrue can’t spell drew but he can dribble. Just what Boston needed.

Damn that's a good move on Boston's part. Williams became redundant with Porzingis and Holliday is better than Smart was at doing the same things.

Sad to see Timelord go, great on the defensive end when healthy. But wasn't healthy often enough. So overall, the offseason is essentially swapping out Smart, Brogdon and Williams for Holiday and Porzingis. Works for me.

Let's do this thing Mikal.

Sad to see Timelord go, great on the defensive end when healthy. But wasn't healthy often enough. So overall, the offseason is essentially swapping out Smart, Brogdon and Williams for Holiday and Porzingis. Works for me.

Let's do this thing Mikal.

You're going to love the defensive playmaking you'll get with Holiday. I was sad to see him leave but obviously excited about Lillard. Where you'll have to temper your expectations is with his offense in the playoffs. Absolutely atrocious shooting. Even the year the Bucks won the title, we were screaming at the TV every time he took a shot.

The East should be fun. It certainly looks like a collision course between the Bucks and Celtics.

On a related note, the Bucks signed Cam Payne yesterday. I love this move. We definitely are sacrificing a bit of defense but realized our achilles heel has been outside shooting in the playoffs and we addressed that bigtime.

Celts have plenty of scoring/shooting that the main role for Holiday will be ball handling and defense.
Hopefully he completely shuts Lillard down in the ECF on the way to a title. :wink:

I mean watching Holiday shoot can't be any worse than watching Smart shoot for the last decade.

Celts have plenty of scoring/shooting that the main role for Holiday will be ball handling and defense.
Hopefully he completely shuts Lillard down in the ECF on the way to a title. :wink:

I mean watching Holiday shoot can't be any worse than watching Smart shoot for the last decade.
Haha yeah you pretty much break even there with the poor shooting. Holiday is a great guy though. I'll never forget that steal and alley oop to Giannis in Game 5 if the Finals. Might be the top play in Bucks history.

Holiday is a better version of Marcus Smart, and now you'll never have to worry about watching Jaylen Brown dribble in the 4th quarter again .

Boston better win right now, because their salary cap situation is going to get really bad really fast. Heard today that, assuming Tatum gets a supermax contract, he and Brown alone will tie up $100 million within the next few years.

Boston better win right now, because their salary cap situation is going to get really bad really fast. Heard today that, assuming Tatum gets a supermax contract, he and Brown alone will tie up $100 million within the next few years.

They'll be fine as long as ownership is willing to pay the massive luxury tax bills like the Warriors' owners have been doing.

Holiday is a better version of Marcus Smart, and now you'll never have to worry about watching Jaylen Brown dribble in the 4th quarter again .
Holiday is that player that will piss you off all game and then make the defensive play that wins the game for you in the 4th Quarter.

They'll be fine as long as ownership is willing to pay the massive luxury tax bills like the Warriors' owners have been doing.

From what I've heard, the new CBA puts a number of obstacles on second tax apron teams like Boston that make it hard to move around the margins - the exact kind of moves that might be necessary around the trade deadline. Boston is exactly the kind of roster the new CBA is trying to discourage.

I'm not ready to crown the Celtics. The situation with their bigs is fragile: Porzingis is made of glass and Horford is a million years old. Plus in a Milwaukee series, the Bucks have the two best players.

Totally not into debating who is better between Milwaukee and Boston at this point of the season. there’s a lot of time between now and then.

LN7 come get your team

F7iru2yboAADayB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom