Shuttlecock! Part IX - Squeezing out cocks of light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listened to that Live NLOTH bit again....I'm so fucking ready for that song.

BUT WHERE'S THE BASS?!?!?!?

WHERE'S THE FUCKING BASS??!?!?!?!

I'm going to kill handlebar if he brings up NLOTH2's bass line one more time. He's going to make me resort to knife crime.

I love having coworkers who get your references. My boss' boss and I have been known to go off on Simpsons exchanges that have everyone else staring blankly at us. Good times.

My coworkers almost never get my pop culture references but that doesn't stop me. I was exceedingly happy recently when I said, "Don't tase me, bro!" and heard a giggle from across the hall.

:lol:

That's awesome. I will randomly spout off pop culture references, too. I've also been known to burst into (relatively quiet) song at work. :shifty:

The Alien Rapist returns and starts the whole league.

believe.jpg

It's taking me ages to catch up with all the chit chat you guys created in an hour, as it keeps growing as I read.

Falling back on the Guided By Voices talk 42 pages back, 'Game of Pricks' is one of my all time favorite rock songs.

I make references to Old Gregg on a daily basis. Again, it's not current, but I'm following Mike's example; stick with what works for you, even if it's painfully out of date.

So when Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and Rob3333333333333333333 start going on and on about Bono's "opera voice," can I start waxing orgasmic about Bono's Elvis voice?

That was actually kind of cute. It's no "holy shit balls falsetto" Can't Help Falling In Love, but it was cute.

I'm quite fond of the Kermit voice.

Boner is quite the impersonator. If only Chris Martin possessed such a talent.

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the red fuzzy hair but I'm going to get behind it for now.

I think he's looking mighty fine. :shifty:

The eyeliner needs to go, though. Or keep the eyeliner but ditch whatever other nonsense he's got going on with the eye makeup. Dude's wearing more eye makeup than I do in a week these days.

Well, he certainly doesn't look as stupid right now as he did at the beginning of the Vertigo tour. Sunglasses/long hair/straw hat...oh man.

The right to appear ridiculous is something he holds dear.

One of my female friends is a big U2 fan, and she wishes he still had long hair. Frankly, I'm horrified that any sane woman would think that. He's never looked older than he did with that stank-ass hair he had between when the album came out and when the tour started.

It slightly improved with the tour, but holy jesus god, it was bad for a while.

Some might say he's trying too hard with the eyeliner, but I thought he was trying too hard with that ugly hair.

/shallow

Well, he certainly doesn't look as stupid right now as he did at the beginning of the Vertigo tour. Sunglasses/long hair/straw hat...oh man.

That was horrible, and it was even worse seeing people at shows during the tour who were trying to copy the look in an un-ironic sense.

:tsk:

One of my female friends is a big U2 fan, and she wishes he still had long hair. Frankly, I'm horrified that any sane woman would think that. He's never looked older than he did with that stank-ass hair he had between when the album came out and when the tour started.

It slightly improved with the tour, but holy jesus god, it was bad for a while.

/shallow

QFT.

He does look fantastic right now. He hasn't actually looked this good since Poppycock. They ALL look fantastic.

As much as I wish he'd go back to looking somewhat human...perhaps like the non sunglass-wearing moments of the Elevation Boston DVD, I really don't mind those blue sunglasses with the stars on each side. They're OK. It's a step up.

I never cease to be amazed at how awesome Adam looks with each passing year.

And did Larry dye his hair? It looked darker at the Grammys. Although maybe it was absence of the greasy mullet that threw me off.

I'm kind of digging the new sunglasses, too. Wish he'd ditch them, but I know I'll never get that pony, either.

I'll be the next cocker to bow out of this evening's hilarity.

Goodnight, whoever's left in here. :wave:

I just read the last 6 or 7 hilarious pages and now I bid you all goodnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom