NLOTH FULL ALBUM - Shamelessly Immediate Review Thread (DISCUSSION ONLY)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uknown Caller sounds like something on Sesame Street to me....and I don't mean this as an insult at all. There's a child like sort of hope and optimism to it.

I'm amazed at how quickly Unknown Caller is growing on me. I'll just say I had the what the fuck look on my first listen.

Bono's high note "if I don't go crazy tonight" in I'll Go Crazy sounds kinda bad, on my headphones anyways.. other than that I love the song :love:

Last edited:
BREATHE has an OCTOBER mood to it. Lovely tune. Sounds like a full-circle type of song, the later rockier stuff matched with the early 80's joyful singing.

there are also people in this thread who have been pissing all over him for 8 years who really like the lyrics on this album.
There's no question he's really pushing his voice. A lot of cracking and gravelly singing. But his voice sounds powerfull in a way it hasn't recently. He sounds frickin' awesome.

:confused:

cracking and gravelly singing?!?! Fuck, I don't know what to make of your comments but I guess I'll take it as a positive :pray:

I wrote down notes about every song...

how come all of them are awesome?

FEZ rocked! They all rocked! The pacing here is so perfect! This album is so radio-unfriendly and full of substance!
:drool::drool::drool:

It was worth all the wait and tension!

Unknown Caller is still stuck in my head...

The whole band sounds good, and I kept writing "how does Bono hit that note?"

back to my music...sorry for the rambling.

I love it!

The thing I love about this album is the passion that Bono brings. Great vocal takes across the board.

What I was desperately wishing for on this album was the sound of Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam making music they'd want to hear—and enjoying themselves! Sounds like it happened.

There's no question he's really pushing his voice. A lot of cracking and gravelly singing. But his voice sounds powerfull in a way it hasn't recently. He sounds frickin' awesome.

I can handle the crackle, coz it was like that on the POP......sorry :D

there are also people in this thread who have been pissing all over him for 8 years who really like the lyrics on this album.

Oh the quality of his voice is perfectly fine. It's the lyrics and just over all forced nature of his singing. It's a great album, don't get me wrong, it really is. I just think if they would've taken the processing of his vocals to the level that they took the rest of his music it would've been any better. Pop was fantastic sonically AND vocally and I really just feel this is fantastic sonically and very good vocally.

MAGNIFICENT
Breathe
Unknown Caller
CRAZY
Stand Up

Those are my favorites so far... :drool:

I don't even know where to start. I just finished my first listen. I'm blown away. I need a few more listens, but I'm absolutely struck. Such a sad album, in a way. There's like a feeling of longing throughout it.

But it's great.

Some random first thoughts before my second listen:

Cedars of Fucking Lebanon- gave me chills. I did NOT expect that.
Magnificent- Epic, epic song. Tugs the heartstrings like only the best U2 songs do. SINGLE NAO!! (On another note, the "You and I will make a fire" - great line.)
I'll Go Crazy... WAAAAAY Better than I expected, in that it's even better than all the "Way better than I expected" comments. It's just a great song, poppy or not.

Overall, SO much atmosphere. It's just so striking. Just the feeling of being under the night sky, watching the sky, breeze-in-your-hair feeling.

This album is beautiful.

I just want to say it again --

I AM F***ING THRILLED THAT YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING THIS SO MUCH!! :love:

There's so much pessimism among U2 fans sometimes, a belief that after Pop they lost their mojo and could never create good music again.

Sounds like a lot of people are falling in love right now :hyper::hyper::hyper:

White as snow...I lost my younger brother when I was 19 in an auto accident so this song has special meaing ...after that...UC...something about being suicidal and having a cell phone in your hand...god pretty much love all these songs...they are hitting the mark with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom