NLOTH FULL ALBUM - Shamelessly Immediate Review Thread (DISCUSSION ONLY)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow guys. this is so weird. posted on an official website...think that never happend before. so now, the race is over for the release groups. haha. shame on them that they haven´t made it all.

but wasn´t it purchased? a purchased leak. hehe. anyways. i listen to MOS now. coming back with my thoughts soon.

awesone. i can´t beleive it. thanks to those one who send me the link.

Stand Up Comedy was the one I was most excited for from the preview clips.... it was playing in my head constantly for days now. Finally hearing it is amazing!!!! It's one of my favorites so far :love:

Jeez this album is a MASTERPIECE. I don't care about the newness. The Edge is a genius.

It's like the best bits of Passengers/Million Dollar Hotel, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Police, Simple Minds, Bob Dylan and REM.

I think Brian Eno should take Chris Martin out to a desert in Morocco and bring him to a freshly digged hole and say "I lied!" while he bashes him in the head with a baseball bat Joe Pesci style and throws his emaciated corpse into the grave. :hyper: :| :sexywink:

No seriously I'm going to enjoy this album forever. :love:

Haha, I'm jumping on the "Crazy Tonight is actually surprisingly awesome" bandwagon. And Stand Up Comedy - that's better than I thought it'd be too. Talk about a pleasant surprise.

Moment of Surrender is a bit underwhelming after first listen... but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

:up::up::up:

Each song has a unique beauty to it.:applaud::heart:
Moment of Surrender WOW. just WOW.
Crazy tonight is simply sweet and wonderful :drool:

what an incredible night this has been...:bow: :drool:
Feel like I'm in a u2coma right now. :drool::heart::heart:

Bono's voice is incredible...He has harnessed his youthful idealism with his sinatra hedonism...there are NO wink links in this album... the singing is clear ...the bass player is hardly average...the drummer is pissed and the guitarist is smiling broadly unemotional lad that he is...hell even the fat promotion guy who leaked it knows what he is doing....all imho of course.

Is he really? I fucking hope he is.

Ok good....so Bono is kicking ass?

Well there are those that think he can do no wrong, and if they honestly think he's doing great then fine. I think he is by and far the weakest link. Mind you he's not TERRIBLE...he's just the weakest link of the four.

By far.

Haha I did.. but I was excited, and wanted it NOW. No biggie!!!

Cool, then I'll keep my money! :lol:

And talking shit about Chris Martin just makes that person look insecure. Enjoy the freaking music, we've waited long enough for it.

White as Snow: Need more listens, didn't blow me away, but I can tell its a grower.

Breathe: I didn't hear any of the things that were written about it, I'm sure I'll notice them in time, but all I got was BIG ROCKER, awesome riffs, good chorus

Cedars: I like the singing style, I didnt think I would. Great atmosphere, great ending.

Answer me this (because I'm waiting until the release date) --- HOW DOES THE NLOTH ALBUM VERSION COMPARE TO NLOTH2?

NLOTH1 is grander , more epic, you're standing out in a pier amidst a storm. That's the best I can describe it.

Ok good....so Bono is kicking ass?

Bono is in fine form. Some really great lyrics(mixed in with some typical bono lyrics).

Voice wise, on first listen, sounds great, although there are times when they did a little too much group singing, but that's just my personal taste.

It all feels like a dream, it's been so long since new U2...

...so when's the next album gonna leak? :wink:

Well there are those that think he can do no wrong, and if they honestly think he's doing great then fine. I think he is by and far the weakest link. Mind you he's not TERRIBLE...he's just the weakest link of the four.

By far.

there are also people in this thread who have been pissing all over him for 8 years who really like the lyrics on this album.
There's no question he's really pushing his voice. A lot of cracking and gravelly singing. But his voice sounds powerfull in a way it hasn't recently. He sounds frickin' awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom