NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:

Aaaannnnnnddd.... You jinxed them.

i tend to have that effect on teams. the only time it's paid off was when i bet someone in september that nobody was capable of beating the patriots and that they'd win the super bowl. :hi5:

still, an overtime loss in detroit is nothing to be ashamed about. the suns have been playing very well of late, and it will be interesting to see how/if they carry it over into the playoffs.

as for donnie walsh... i'll believe it when it's official and isiah is 100% gone. walsh as GM/president and isiah as coach is not an option that i care for.

Last edited:
Start the "Keep Isiah" campaign Headache :wink:

I think Donnie Walsh is a pretty good choice despite how things have gone for Indiana recently.

Good news for Mavs fans...apparently Dirk's injury is not as bad as was first thought and the original 'out time' of two weeks is now a worst-case scenario.

Observations from Celts/Suns...

Apparently Shaq's flight to Phoenix included a layover at the local time machine. And somebody apparently either kidnapped the real Stoudemire at halftime or slipped him a mickey, because he went from beast to least at the half. And the C's really seem to get up for these top-level opponents.

CTU2fan said:
Observations from Celts/Suns...

Apparently Shaq's flight to Phoenix included a layover at the local time machine. And somebody apparently either kidnapped the real Stoudemire at halftime or slipped him a mickey, because he went from beast to least at the half. And the C's really seem to get up for these top-level opponents.

i really think that might have been a preview of the nba finals... and i think the results will be the same.

but you never can count out paul pierce's ability to shoot the C's right out of a series.

I havne't seen too many "hero syndrome" games from PP this year...maybe he's scared KG will kill him. Beats the old days, when the only thing stopping PP's shooting was 'Toine shooting first.

Stoudemire is going to be ridiculous though. When he got hurt it seemed like everybody forgot about him...I didn't realize what kind of shooting range he had either.

I'm impressed with how quickly he's worked Shaq in. Figure replacing Marion with Shaq is a big difference and the offense continues to click.

Contrast that with Kidd in Dallas (or even Sam I Am in Boston, though he's coming off the bench). When Cassell comes in for Rondo the offense really slows down.

I hate to do this...I'd love to just leave him as a college player for now and enjoy his run he's got going, but I can't help but think about Stephen Curry and his NBA possibilities.

Do you think he will be good? Too small? Need better ball handling?

Here's what I think. I think he has the potential to be a very good player. I think he has an amazing ability to move without the ball, and then a ridiculously quick release on his shot.

I think he will do more than just make it. I think he'll be better than Ben Gordon simply because of attitude. I can't see Curry complaining about coming off the bench, and then I can see him come of the bench and light up the backups as a 6th or 7th man.

And I think of Monte Ellis, but Curry shoots better than him.

I guess, I think if he finds the right team/system, he will succeed.

But what do you think?

Fellas do you think it's about time I launch my annual Utah Jazz thread; you know come celebrate the rise and fall of the Jazz and look how sexy Carlos Boozer is and all that, or what?

Please advise on what to do here.:angry:

thx,

<>

Got Philk? said:
I hate to do this...I'd love to just leave him as a college player for now and enjoy his run he's got going, but I can't help but think about Stephen Curry and his NBA possibilities.

Do you think he will be good? Too small? Need better ball handling?

Here's what I think. I think he has the potential to be a very good player. I think he has an amazing ability to move without the ball, and then a ridiculously quick release on his shot.

I think he will do more than just make it. I think he'll be better than Ben Gordon simply because of attitude. I can't see Curry complaining about coming off the bench, and then I can see him come of the bench and light up the backups as a 6th or 7th man.

And I think of Monte Ellis, but Curry shoots better than him.

I guess, I think if he finds the right team/system, he will succeed.

But what do you think?

he's also a significantly better shooter than ben gordon.

curry has already stated that he's deffinetly returning to college, which is nice. as far as being a pro? by all means he should be an excellent pro, but this is the NBA, where ben wallace can be an all star and the best three point shooter in ncaa history can't get off the bench, so who the hell knows.

Methinks the Jazz are one and done in the playoffs. Who they draw is critical, but the west is loaded...if they get lucky they'll draw Houston and move on for a second round elimination.

(Oh and dbs...couldn't read your PM, I'm no longer a premium member round these parts).

Hewson said:
Methinks the Jazz are one and done in the playoffs. Who they draw is critical, but the west is loaded...if they get lucky they'll draw Houston and move on for a second round elimination.

(Oh and dbs...couldn't read your PM, I'm no longer a premium member round these parts).

that's cold hewson.

check out etykiw for old times' sake.

pg. 2.

:)

dbs

Nice statement by the Celts' subs.
I know its only Charlotte, but a 21 point road win when Garnett, Pierce and R. Allen don't suit up sends a little message about the Celts' depth heading into the playoffs.

Got Philk? said:
He got a very nice welcome in the Palace last night vs the Pistons.

As he should, if you're talking in the context that he led the team to two championships during one of the greatest eras of basketball in Detroit history.

I was huge into basketball when I was younger, and watching the ceremony before the game last night was pretty cool. I miss VJ, Buddah, Laimbeer and Salley. :hi5:

and now the knicks have won 2 games in a row, and rather than being a loss or two from picking up more ping pong balls, they now sit a win away from getting less. they were 4th worst, just a game out of 3rd worst and 2 out of 2nd worst. now they're 5th worst and a win away from being "passed" by the clippers, moving the knicks to 6th worst.

even when it appears as if his days are numbered, isiah continues to screw the knicks.

JUST LOSE!!!

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

as long as he's still in a position of power, which he is, the isiah thomas era continues.

My mistake.

He just has his coaching spot left, right?

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

My mistake.

He just has his coaching spot left, right?

that is all... but as my post above you says, he's still fucking us. they're up 14 at half time now. looooooooooooose.

he apparently had his meeting with donnie walsh this afternoon, and rumor has it that walsh was keeping him on the job because detroit had their anniversary thing scheduled for the day the knicks were coming to town and he didn't want to do that to isiah.

who knows... hopefully it'll go down soon so that they can put some patsie in there with the knowledge that his job is to lose every single game.

So Atlanta is most likely gonna make it to the playoffs with a .462 winning percentage.

Meanwhile, either Denver or GS will be out with a winning percentage around .600.

Gotta love the NBA East...

well you can say that about most every team's star players.

every NBA finals since 1990, with the exception of 1994, has involved either michael jordan, shaq or tim duncan. one of those three has won every NBA championship since 1990 with the exceptions of 1994, 1995 and 2004.

i don't think there will be an exception to the first pattern this year... but the way boston is playing, there very well could be an exception to the second.

suns/spurs winner vs. the celtics for the '08 chip

i just looked at all the remaining games for the 9 western conference teams that can still make the playoffs and projected winners in all the games and tallied up the final standings to make playoff seeds.

new orleans has an easy last 4... their toughest game is against LA, but that's LA's second game in 2 nights. i have NO going 3-1 to close out the year.

the lakers have two tough games with new orleans and san antonio, and two gimmies with the clips and the kings. 2-2.

san antonio has tough games with the lakers and utah but they're at home. 4-0.

utah, denver and houston have the toughest schedules left...
utah 3-1
houston 2-2
denver 1-3

phoenix has tough games with houston and golden state but other than a hiccup in the 4th against dallas they've been playing very well. 3-0

dallas has an easy go... a tough game against utah and then two gimmies against portland and seattle, and they finish against new orleans but the hornets will have the 1 seed wrapped up by then. 3-1

golden state has a head to head with denver which i think they'll win, and the other 3 are against the clips, phoenix and seattle. 3-1.

so that will put the final win totals as this...
1. new orleans 58
2. san antonio 57
3. phoenix 56
4. utah 55 (win tie breaker automaticly by winning division)
5. houston 55 (better head to head record against lakers)
6. lakers 55
7. dallas 52
8. golden state 50
9. denver 48 (48 wins would be good enough for the 4 seed in the east :hi5: )

so your western conference matchups would be as such...
new orleans vs.
golden state

utah vs.
houston

san antonio vs.
dallas

phoenix vs.
lakers

damn :drool:

Each series in the West could go to 7 games. The Celtics and Pistons will dominate the East, but I hope the Magic get past the first round.

I can't wait, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom