Live8 Setlist Party Thread 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Green Day is doing an homage to Queen's Live Aid performance, imagine this.

Linkin Park

17 minutes

Bad

timothius said:

I love how the general music industry has raised itself up out of its usual gutter state and turned on a truly great musical experience. While MTV decides to comfortably remain laying the musical gutter - preventing millions of young Americans from hearing decent music for maybe a few minutes in there lifes - thus continuing the gradual extinguishing of thoughtful music in general. :sad:

Fuck MTV.

It's almost like MTV has a vested interest in selling Linkin Park and Jay-Z to their usual viewers, so they show them instead of Snow Patrol and Stereophonics and Scissor Sisters and other young, fresh bands who their audience might like better if they heard them.

Conspiracy theory, anyone???

Chizip said:
i feel sadder and sadder for philly with each performance

Hey now, Def Leppard is OK. They've held it together (more or less) for 25 years now.

Peace,
Ron

Why all the Leppard haters? There is a market for these guys out there considering people can't stand the crap that MTV considers to be music.

And I think OLP are coming soon.

Diane L said:

It's almost like MTV has a vested interest in selling Linkin Park and Jay-Z to their usual viewers, so they show them instead of Snow Patrol and Stereophonics and Scissor Sisters and other young, fresh bands who their audience might like better if they heard them.

Yes, probably.

trevster2k said:
Why all the Leppard haters? There is a market for these guys out there considering people can't stand the crap that MTV considers to be music.

And I think OLP are coming soon.

I like Def Leppard in a drunken bar sort of way. Just not in daylight hours. :wink:

Diane L said:

I also loved the ads between acts promoting their late-night line up...

To be honest, it's just corporate business going on...of course MTV will show 20-25 minutes of the music that THEY helped start (especially the horrific "Mash-up")...Jay-Z deserves another Bentley after teaming up with Linkin Park.

Diane L said:

The American Music Industry have always been ruthlessly curroupt right from the get go. I do not see how MTV would be seperate from this.

WildHoneyAlways said:

I feel as if I should be at a campus bar with a beer in my hand.....:rockon:

I should be in 7th grade struggling through math class then. Mr. Peeling said he all wanted us to take calculus someday. Well Mr. Peeling, I never did! Screw you Mr. Peeling! :madspit:

Sorry, too much Velvet Revolver inspired aggression I think and sitting in front of the computer since 8:30 a.m. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom