ALL Hawaii shows discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MsGiggles said:

I noticed this too when I saw them in Europe several years ago - when I saw them in Paris, everyone around me looked like there were on pogo sticks :D

:yes: I wish the American crowds were less self-conscious... one row back and they weren't even jumping! :angry: Felt like I was inconveniencing the people behind me by jumping. :huh:

Paris was :faint: :rockon:

Is it wrong that I am seriously considering applying to the University of Hawaii so I would have an excuse to "visit" it? :reject: Thank God for late deadlines :drool:

Last edited:
amerrydeath said:

:yes: I wish the American crowds were less self-conscious... one row back and they weren't even jumping! :angry: Felt like I was inconveniencing the people behind me by jumping. :huh:

Paris was :faint: :rockon:

Is it wrong that I am seriously considering applying to the University of Hawaii so I would have an excuse to "visit" it? :reject: Thank God for late deadlines :drool:

no, i think it's a great idea! :up:

Anybody in Atlanta....Northwest has ATL-HNL $308 plus tax M-TH, might be $15 extra for F-Su flying. Travelocity def. has that fare, NW site and others might have it too...gotta move fast though! ALso looks like it's available from CVG (Cincinnati area).

Checked out grant deadlines at work...have a big one April 3rd, of course I can finish earlier but it seldom works out that way :| so I'm gonna now stick with April 6-14 as the vacation.

I'm short as well...torn about this stadium GA stuff...while I tend to avoid it for a seat, I'm not 100% averse to giving it a go. I had a good experience in big GA for Popmart Leeds (no choice as it was in a park with no seats at all) but a bad experience at the Tibetan Freedom Concert back in '97, had to brace myself for dear life at that one and had security lift us over the rail after U2 finished. I am usually happy just in a seat, and with no GA wait stress. Maybe I'll just let the chips fall where they may at ticket buying time and see where I end up, and be happy about it. :wink:

Checking Travelocity--there's now flights from Boston on the 6th returning the 10th starting at $672! :shocked:

People say flight prices are best early on Saturday mornings... guess it's true!

Edit: $523 if you use Expedia! :ohmy: And $448 if you leave the 5th instead!

Last edited:
amerrydeath said:
Checking Travelocity--there's now flights from Boston on the 6th returning the 10th starting at $672! :shocked:

People say flight prices are best early on Saturday mornings... guess it's true!

Edit: $523 if you use Expedia! :ohmy: And $448 if you leave the 5th instead!

Really?!

Pop Artist said:
Anybody in Atlanta....Northwest has ATL-HNL $308 plus tax M-TH, might be $15 extra for F-Su flying. Travelocity def. has that fare, NW site and others might have it too...gotta move fast though! ALso looks like it's available from CVG (Cincinnati area).
yep, i got the flight from Cincinnati and refunded the first ticket i bought...$339 with tax, which is amazing.

Saw this on u2log.com and they took it from Billboard.com:

“This was such a great year for U2. A No. 1 album in 20 countries, 110 shows all sold out, 3.3 million tickets sold, 100% of the tickets we put on sale. Nine million-plus sold of the current record, 3 million catalog, 2 million DVDs. U2 have never been bigger or better. Next year after Mexico, South America, Australia, New Zealand and Japan, we will end the Vertigo tour in Honolulu.”

Said by Paul McGuiness himself. :)

I found the cheapest flight for me, coming from San Diego, is an ATA flight out of LAX at 8am daily, arriving in HNL at 10:37am (which is sorta cool time wise) for $397. It's doable, unfortunately I don't have the CC or cash right now to book it! Any suggestions? I Called AAA hoping I could book for a group of 6 and they want payment now. I think I hav ticket (thx Miro:wink: ) and accomodations plus transportation all worked out, it's just the flight I need to book. I am also considering a road trip to NO the end of April if anyone from my area is interested...or if any others are interested in hooking up there :wink:

Ok, what I didn't like about the stadium show was the disconnect between the band and the audience. It was only partially about the physical distance between the band and us. Of course, this was almost 20 years ago, and I can probably assume they've gotten better at it, but I just don't like being that far from the band.

I've not seen U2 in a stadium but I already know I was spoild seeing them so many times at Arenas this tour. Still, I'd go and experience it for shits and giggles, especially if it all works out financially for me. :wink:

martha said:
Ok, what I didn't like about the stadium show was the disconnect between the band and the audience. It was only partially about the physical distance between the band and us. Of course, this was almost 20 years ago, and I can probably assume they've gotten better at it, but I just don't like being that far from the band.

i agree with you completely. the positives for me, in europe this past summer were:
1) the visuals were great, and seeing the backdrop of the sky was very cool.

2) hearing 80,000 people singing the words was a powerful experience.

3) you can get there later and still get rail!

on the downside:

-- people are generally let in (in the GA) at around 4pm and there are a whole helluva lot more drunk people than in arenas, which is fine unless they fall on me or slosh beer on me...and inevitably, sadly, they do both.

--there never seemed to be enough security to prevent people from running, which was often down sets of stairs to get onto the field and really dangerous

--i was so utterly filthy after the shows that it was really shocking...i felt like pigpen from charlie brown

--it takes soooo long to get out stadiums compared to arenas. holy crap...but i think that is worse in cities where you have to rely on public transportation, which is jammed post-concert.

--and what martha said. definitely much more impersonal than arenas.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Ug. I agree. My fanclub seats for my first Popmart show were awful. So far away! My friends and I still laugh about it. :wink:

That's why I don't think much of that tour

I would have been better off watching it on video I was sooo far away even with the great visuals it just wasn't as exciting as an arena show.

Hey if anyone has military ties.....there's lots of military places on Oahu and cheap places to stay is what I hear. Also use a military or government ID for hotel discount! Just thought I'd throw that in......

:happy:

List of those Interferencers confirmed as going:

Allidreamsoutloud
arw9797
Carek1230
CarmelU2fan
Catlady
Eep
Gorman
Kariann
KellyAhern
Miroslava
mrpoptop
Nurse Chrissi
Pop Artist
Ramblin Rose
Ruffian
Trevster2k
Tryan101 (and clan!)
U2forlife
Weinerdog

Yeah! I just found a $331 Aloha Airlines flight out of Oakland. I'm going to Hawaii! Please add me to the list!

Re: Re: ALL Hawaii shows discussion

R8drgurl said:

Yeah! I just found a $331 Aloha Airlines flight out of Oakland. I'm going to Hawaii! Please add me to the list!

I just got my flight too!

Landing friday night, leaving monday morning at 7:45am!

See you all in line!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: ALL Hawaii shows discussion

bort269 said:

I just got my flight too!

Landing friday night, leaving monday morning at 7:45am!

See you all in line!!!!!!!!!!!!

for 3 days, I wouldn't waste my time...have to stay at least a WEEK, Its HAWAII

Re: Re: Re: Re: ALL Hawaii shows discussion

Imarocker said:

for 3 days, I wouldn't waste my time...have to stay at least a WEEK, Its HAWAII

I agree!

but my spring break is 2 weeks before the shows :(

at least I was lucky to have both shows be on a weekend!
And I'll enjoy the great Hawaii weather in line!
Better than waiting in line in Montreal and Portland (my 2 last shows) !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom