Hawaii, April 8th (and 9th?!) - Aloha Stadium! - Part XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carek1230 said:
What's wrong with you all today? I come here to find rock throwing, talk of splinters in uncomfortable places, falling out of trees, name calling, fence sitting, superglue, accidents and something about a Joshua Tree?

I'm sorry, Carek1230!
:hug:
Most of it is my fault I'm afraid.
It had me :laugh:ing though.
Guess it didn't humor you.

mobaby said:
Anyone in the mood to email the station that gave us all BOGUS information on the second show? The reporter was Kim Genoula.
:madspit: kgmbnews@kgmb9.com

For some reason....I felt better after sending that email. :)
Kim Gennaula is the anchor person, all she does is read what's put in front of her. The producer and news director are responsible for the content.

Damn!
I leave for half a day and hell breaks loose!!! :mad:
So what's with the false 2nd show report?
What happened?????????????????????????:|

Yeah, what the heck happened?

I think they're up in arms about that HI TV station report the night of the Grammys.... not anything new....

Right? :hmm:

cleazer said:
So has all hope been given up for a second show then?

The week after the Grammy wins was the last week they would potentially have announced a second show, but it has not happened. Each week that goes by now is a week further away from the exposure of the Grammy's and week closer to the time their in Hawaii. Exposure and Time are needed to sellout a second show, and both will get smaller now as each week passes.

So plan for there only being one show.

bort269 said:

anyone have their email?
kgmbnews@kgmb9.com
But I don't know what good it is going to do. All they will say is that they are reporting what they heard, and if I remember right, she clearly said it was a possibility, not a for sure thing. Sometimes the news gets the facts wrong.
:shrug:
I'd just forget about it, come here, relax, enjoy the aloha, and have a free day to spend in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

topherchris9 said:

I'd just forget about it, come here, relax, enjoy the aloha, and have a free day to spend in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

:applaud:

I've never seen you sing and dance FOR one... it's always been after :hmm:

topherchris9 said:

kgmbnews@kgmb9.com
But I don't know what good it is going to do. All they will say is that they are reporting what they heard, and if I remember right, she clearly said it was a possibility, not a for sure thing. Sometimes the news gets the facts wrong.
:shrug:

Yes you're right, it won't do any good but it made me feel better letting them know how I felt about their false report.
I saw the 6 and 10pm report and she clearly stated "The band has agreed to a second show, we just won't know if it will be on the 7th or 8th" The date was the only thing still in question.

They screwed up and need to know it so they don't do stuff like that again. I guess they don't realize the number of psychopaths they were affecting.:wink:

OK, I'm done. Sorry.....I won't complain anymore. EVERYONE HAVE A LOVELY TIME HERE IN HAWAII!!!:)

topherchris9 said:

Kim Gennaula is the anchor person, all she does is read what's put in front of her. The producer and news director are responsible for the content.

Kim Gennaula, as an anchorperson, is also a journalist as are her producer and news director. One of the first things learned in the school of journalism/broadcast journalism is to verify verify verfy your sources, then speak the facts and truth. That said there is an entirely different side to journalism which is sensationalism or even speculation. Whoever it was that scripted what Kim reported about a 2nd U2 show, whether it was speculation of a 2nd show or not, presumably it should not have been stated without verified facts.

Living in a freedom of speech country, we have the right to speak when we disagree with something said. I wanted to be a journalist, so I tend to watch them closely and cringe when I recognize bad reporting. Many times I have contacted news or radio people to share my two cents' worth. This situation is no different. I sent an email to the station and briefly but politely explained how I personally felt it wrong for them to have reported as they did. It wasn't solely Ms. Gennaula's fault Enough said. I expect no response, but I do feel better having spoken up no matter the outcome. (I of course would love a 2nd U2 show still) :wink:

Back to our regularly scheduled dicussions regarding Hawaii!

:wave:

weinerdog said:

Holy Crap - they are selling the sections right next to the stage - just pulled up 2 in section M :O

Damn! I just pulled up 4 GAs and let them go. Also got tickets in section M row 3 for $95. Maybe this is another sign that there will be no 2nd show?

There's not going to be a 2nd show, I think that's already pretty much been established. But what I don't understand is how/why tickets keep getting tossed back into TM's coffers?

It's like now that it's official that there is no 2nd show they're going to push the stage back a bit and sell every seat possible. Kinda blows for fans that bought nosebleed yellow seats and now all these pop up. Hold some seats back to fight scalpers for sure, but they've held back alot for this show....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom