ALL Hawaii shows discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carmelu2fan said:

I am 5'9 perhaps 5'10 and I weight about 140 to 145...I was afraid I was going to be the only tall girl going...I hope I do not block any of the short petite girls view. I will be sure not to wear heels even though I really like too:reject:

Carmel, I'm with U....I am also 5'9" (shrinking in my old age, I WAS 5'10") but I am always nice and polite about not wanting to block others' views at places like shows and movies. I unfortunately lost out in Vegas in the elipse to an IDIOT group next to me. This big guy bigger than me was PUSHING against me for a spot and I was 2nd from the front between Bono and Adam....I tried sooooo hard to stand my ground. All I really wanted to do was experience COBL and was then going to retreat from my friends back to the side where my sister was stationed in her wheelchair with crutches.....I couldn't stand it tho and let the BIG APE IDIOT win. He and his friends were drunk and hadn't waited in the GA line all day like we had. I figured what goes around comes around anyway. I did enjoy the show tho. Bono sang Sometimes right in front of me :drool: and we had a great vantage point.

17235730_85726df507_m.jpg

I have been shot down again by that sweet guy of mine :(. Wants to take me but said the expenses will just be too much. We are in the process of looking for a place so that we can move in together. Did say that he will take me on vacation this summer though. Asked me if there is anywhere I would like to go. Hawaii of course! hehe.

awwwww thanks Lila :hug: He should realize by now that Im not giving up,hehe. Gotta make sure my fellow height challenged U2 fans are taken care of! And that even the little ones have a great view via shoulders :wink:

Carek1230 said:

Carmel, I'm with U....I am also 5'9" (shrinking in my old age, I WAS 5'10") but I am always nice and polite about not wanting to block others' views at places like shows and movies. I unfortunately lost out in Vegas in the elipse to an IDIOT group next to me. This big guy bigger than me was PUSHING against me for a spot and I was 2nd from the front between Bono and Adam....I tried sooooo hard to stand my ground. All I really wanted to do was experience COBL and was then going to retreat from my friends back to the side where my sister was stationed in her wheelchair with crutches.....I couldn't stand it tho and let the BIG APE IDIOT win. He and his friends were drunk and hadn't waited in the GA line all day like we had. I figured what goes around comes around anyway. I did enjoy the show tho. Bono sang Sometimes right in front of me :drool: and we had a great vantage point.

I cannot believe the nerve of some folks. It is ok to have a few drinks but if you cannot keep youself from bumping a lady and someone in a wheelchair than for- Christ Sake JUST SAY NO! I am sure that guy will get his soon rather than later.
At least you where in a great spot. I would love to have been on Adam's side.uhhuh! It seems you enjoyed the show for the most part. I hope your buddie in the wheel chair is better. All three of us would surley keep the drunk idoits at bay.:cool:

I'm looking at expedia and they have packages with meet & greet A or C or both. Meet & Greet what or whom? Anyone know what they are for?

I wasn't about to let anyone or anything dampen my plans or my time....I'd waited Soooo long for that show and to get into the elipse! It was a dream come true. It was fine stepping back against the side rail with my sister who was in the wheelchair. She'd broken her ankle a month before Vegas and yes, she is happily all healed now. I would LOVE to do GA with the likes of the group of Bono's girls and the folks going to Hawaii so I am hoping it works out! Stadium will be way cool and I'd for sure work with you to keep the drunken idiots at bay! Thanks Carmel! :hug:

Miroslava said:
April 6th to the 16th... I am with Kelly, vacation AFTER the show :drool:

yeah im with vacation after the show, still not sure if me and my friend can make it yet! depends if we can get tickets, hotels prices, flights etc :yikes::huh:

i wanna go sooo badly though, living in europe sucks :madspit:

i booked the 6-16th of at work , just incase, just enough days for GA and still a nice vacation
:drool:

Last edited:
Imarocker said:
I'm looking at 4/7-4/15 or 16 the reason I asked is I'm checking into a couple of timeshares on the island & the rates could be better than getting a hotel. If anyone is interested in sharing one let me know. I should have some prices by monday.

concert first, then golf, relax, & sightsee
might do some island hopping...:wink:

what are the prices like

me and my friend would be interested in sharing possibly, depending on location etc(as we dont drive :reject: )

martha said:
What pushed me off the fence was the whole stadium concert thing. I hate stadium concerts. :huh:

i did 2 stadium shows in europe in GA (both manchester) didnt have a problem apart from some jerk who pushied onto the rail next to me during sometimes :grumpy: (i eneded up hardly being able to breathe :happy: :madspit: ) the guy next to me sorted him out tho :wink:

it depends who you're stood near and of course the organisation of the staff at the venue

bonoishot said:

its chaos when they let everyone in :yikes:

it like a herd of buffalos running :yikes::|

:lol:

In Glasgow security yelled, when they opened the gates, "RUN!"

Totally chaotic. But I have to say, 5 stadium shows in Europe this summer and never got pushed during the concert (got pushed on the way in, but that's a different story). I've been shoved around in arenas WAY more!

Lila64 said:
:wink:

BTW, has ANYONE ever used Expedia? :help:

and yes my husband and daughter would be going (no hubby to the show though)

i've used Expedia loads(the UK version though), used them everytime ive come over to the US or Canada for the tour this year (Toronto, Chicago and BOston)

they worked great with me :wink:

ruffian said:

In Glasgow security yelled, when they opened the gates, "RUN!"

:yikes:

OMG thats the opposite to Manchester

They were like don't run, don't run

me and Rachel looked behind us then at each other and were like, do we look like we want to be trampled on by everyone behind us!

luckily they actually stopped people running, we walked fast :shifty:

Live 8 was mad though, we had to run so fast we were gasping for breath on the front rail for 5 minutes solid, the were were like :hyper: we made it to the front wahooo :lol:

Hawaii or not Hawaii....that is the question

After long thought, I cannot probably go to Hawaii....waaaaa! I soooo needed a break! I did get to see u2 in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Cleveland, so I can't be too upset. I unfortunately cannot spend the money right now. BUT, you all have a blast and tell Adam Hi for me....haha.
2 of my kiddies are going to an arts project theatre camp this summer in Chicago and it will cost a little.....sooooo unfortunately I had to give up the dream of Hawaii. Plus, my husband just reminded me of our bathroom pipe that broke and was leaking through our kitchen CEILING!!!!! Ya...the plumbing stuff is $$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!
So, unless I win the lotto this month here in Illinois.......
Hope you all "score" your ellipse wrist bands again....wink, wink
peace,
UF

I'll take care of saying hi to Adam for you UF... :drool:

Sorry you can't make it :( Real life sucks...

And there shouldnt be an ellipse in Hawaii, so no stressing about the freaking lottery :hyper:

So now, what was that rumor you had heard about tickets? :wink:

If I go to HI then I have to pay $986 in airfare but if I got to Vegas in March it is free thanks to all of the miles I flew to see U2 in 2005 :love: $986 is way more than I paid to fly to Irealnd to see U2 in June :mad:

Have fun at the concert(s)! I'm going to go on a nice relaxing free ride drive through the desert for a week instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom