2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider this from the scalpers' point of view. Some won't be disuaded and use gift cards, as previously mentioned.

TM faq says no gift cards - is that enforced? I think a lot of buyers would be dissuaded from presenting a potentially stolen card along with tickets.

GA's all sold out for Toronto. No idea if any will be available for General sale.
All other seated tickets are slim pickings in the corners, starting at $300, unless you want to go crazy with a VIP package.

Some GA's available for first night in Montreal! Road trip!

So the only tickets in Pre-sale left for TO shows are the $300+?

sigh, guess I'll have to fight it out in the general public sales...

Thanks, saves me $50

Man, I feel kinda... gipped. I signed up for the subscription just for the presale. I just have a hard time believing that all the GAs are gone. I think $300 for a seat is a bit extreme... my upcoming wisdom teeth surgery is less money than that :shifty: I guess I'll try again on Monday.

Yeah, this whole pre-sale thing was a complete shit show.

$50 for only 2 total tickets?

It is was 2 tickets per show for 2 shows I would have paid the $50 and taken a chance. But not for 2 total tickets. Fuck that!

This will be the 1st time I will be without any presale tickets.

Very, Very nervous for getting decent tickets in the general public sale.

I get that it's unfair. But I don't get why people are coming off as surprised. That's how it's been the last two arena tours.

I understand that Ticketmaster won't let you buy more than 2 tickets with the same presale code. But what stops a fan club member from using a presale code to buy tickets on ticketmaster and using the same code on a different ticketing system for the European shows?

For all the gripes about ticket prices, I for one still think its amazing and awesome that U2 still has all their concerts with General Admission floor seats at the prices they do. $65 to see U2 that up close is F#¢$!N$ awesome. :applaud: (We'll pretend I haven't been updating U2.com membership every year for over a decade) :D

Only problem is getting the tickets. This time was most nerve wrecking ever for me. But... Toronto and Montreal, here I come. :love:

I accidentally bought 2 tickets for NY (July 23rd). Till now I thought I only managed to get one but I just received an email with the second ticket. I guess when it gave me ERROR on my TM app and told me it could't process it, it actually did it. So WTF. Now I can't use my code anymore. I wanted a ticket for 18th or 22nd and then the last date, which I've got.
Anyone knows if I resell it if I'll be able to use my code again? Or what could I do? I wanted to see 2 shows. :huh:

Here's what it says about ticketless entry, for Boston anyway. They are asking for the CC plus the ID

• RESERVED LOCATIONS are electronic Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry Tickets ONLY. Please click here for more information on Credit Card Entry Ticketing.
  • Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry Tickets are NON TRANSFERABLE. ORIGINAL TICKET PURCHASER MUST ATTEND THE EVENT.
  • At ENTRY you must provide the CREDIT CARD USED TO PURCHASE AND VALID PHOTO ID. Name on credit card must match photo ID.
  • Entire party MUST enter the venue at the same time.

So I'm in GA for London 4 - what time does the panel think I should get to the venue in order to have a fighting chance of getting down the front, or nearabouts?

I accidentally bought 2 tickets for NY (July 23rd). Till now I thought I only managed to get one but I just received an email with the second ticket. I guess when it gave me ERROR on my TM app and told me it could't process it, it actually did it. So WTF. Now I can't use my code anymore. I wanted a ticket for 18th or 22nd and then the last date, which I've got.
Anyone knows if I resell it if I'll be able to use my code again? Or what could I do? I wanted to see 2 shows. :huh:

call the fun club. they are very understanding.

Here's what it says about ticketless entry, for Boston anyway. They are asking for the CC plus the ID

• RESERVED LOCATIONS are electronic Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry Tickets ONLY. Please click here for more information on Credit Card Entry Ticketing.
  • Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry Tickets are NON TRANSFERABLE. ORIGINAL TICKET PURCHASER MUST ATTEND THE EVENT.
  • At ENTRY you must provide the CREDIT CARD USED TO PURCHASE AND VALID PHOTO ID. Name on credit card must match photo ID.
  • Entire party MUST enter the venue at the same time.

Thats what it normally says for any ticketless event, but the $8/hour ushers rarely, if ever, enforce that

Thanks! I'm waiting on the phone for an hour now. Will see what they say. I'm just worried I won't be able to get any good tickets anymore if they let me use the code again and return the ticket

you shouldn't have to wait so long: 877-687-4277. Within 10 minutes you get a person. Then they transfer you to a dedicated U2 line that plays U2 music making you feel bad for not having more tickets. within 15 minutes after that you should have your issue resolved. (These are today's times).

TM faq says no gift cards - is that enforced? I think a lot of buyers would be dissuaded from presenting a potentially stolen card along with tickets.

Extremely bummed by this...I had nine $25 TM gift cards that I've been saving up for the last 2 years to put towards my "U2 ticket fund" :huh:

Anyway, they told me to call TM. And now I'm thinking, maybe I should just keep it and someone can go with me or resell it. But before I do this....

Is there anyone still buying tickets for NY> Just curious if it's still possible to get GA. Otherwise I'll keep them both and try on monday for GA.

going crazy here today:hyper:

Anyway, they told me to call TM. And now I'm thinking, maybe I should just keep it and someone can go with me or resell it. But before I do this....

Is there anyone still buying tickets for NY> Just curious if it's still possible to get GA. Otherwise I'll keep them both and try on monday for GA.

going crazy here today:hyper:

I just want to know if people are still pulling any tickets up at all for NY (in particular the 22nd), I still need the 22nd (seat or GA) and have one ticket left on my code.

Well that's crap. Should have figured scalpers have a way of getting around everything.

Am I able to use my code to browse available tickets for Turin? I already used it for San Jose and I'm afraid to lose my tickets if I look at other venues. I want to know if it's worth having my buddy sign up so that I can get 2 tickets to Turin in the presale.

Now when I enter my code it says we're sorry, there are no more tickets available for this promotion.

yet they are selling the new membership bundles, so I have wasted 50 bucks on that stupid book.

That means that there are no more tickets for YOU. It's just badly worded.

I think it's pretty easy to wave around entitlement and the FAQs when you got tickets. If you didn't, your perspective is different, especially if you re-upped in the last week to try and catch the sale. Let's be real, TM didn't exactly make it easy to accomplish a purchase, as evidenced by the bajillion questions and snafus.

At any rate, I did get tickets so I guess I've got nothing to complain about. But I certainly feel the pain of people here who dropped 50 big ones only to get shut out. That does in fact suck big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom