Vote up or down on having a GA Lottery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote up or down for having a GA Lottery system

• up / yes

Votes: 143 40.1%
  • down / no

Votes: 214 59.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maddy can't really play all that well - she's very much a beginner. And even if Edge/Bono brought her one, it would be too big :lmao:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Why on earth do you think this was directed at you or your friends.???????????? I dont even know you. All I know is what was said to me directly. I am quite aware that larger groups are being let in lately. I am certainly not saying thats how the system is being cheated or not.

Where in my post did I say that splitting up groups is ok? I agree I don't think it would be fair to split a group, especially family for god's sake! This is definitely a good reason why the lottery sucks

And I don't appreciate being attacked either especially when my post was an observation only and not directed at anyone.. :mad:

sorry, seemed to me like a lot of the front of the line was gettting attacked on here, and i just got defensive. i do apologize....i think i was just tired and cranky about the whole lottery thing when i read this thread.

and i agree with miroslava...no matter how tired i am at 5pm...when doors open i am ready to go and as lively as any well-rested individual...ready to dance and have a blast!!!:dancing: :rockon: :camera: :dancing:

and as far as enjoying a U2 show and meeting other cool fans...i've got more U2-related buds over the years than i can count...most of whom i've met camping out or enjoying a nice slab of concrete together...and this includes my boyfriend!!!:wink: :heart: :yes:

so that's one more reason to line-up...you could meet your dream man! (and i'm not even talking about bono!:wink: )

We totally agree with Popbellydancer. :) This Lottery system can bring out the worst in fans. But the friends and dream men ;) that come out of traveling and waiting is priceless!!

We all know that once we get in there the music takes us to a different place. It's amazing!

Can't wait for the Cali shows to begin...

First come first serve should be brought back. They screwed up the General Admission standard policy by screwing with it.

I showed up at 7:30pm for the Dallas show and they had already put away the Vertigo scanners as the ellipse was full. :grumpy: So my plan of going later for better luck didn't quite work out!

How soon was it cut off for the last two LA shows?

No idea. We arrived at about 5:30 pm for last night's show, and got a good spot outside the ellipse, and people were still being let in the ellipse until around 7pm (or so it looked like to me). But I think there were also a lot of VIPs that showed up after Damian Marley that filled the ellipse, because it looked much more full when U2 came on.

Super_Fan said:
First come first serve should be brought back. They screwed up the General Admission standard policy by screwing with it.

General Admission for floor= :up:
Lottery for ellipse= :up:

Best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Axver said:
Vote up or down on beating a dead horse! :happy:

beat_deadhorse.gif

Sting2, honestly, do you ever get tired of these endless thread bumps? Your goal is obviously to keep this thread on the first page until the Portland show. Every forum moderator has their email address in their signature line. Why not contact a moderator and request to have this thread stickied? Having this thread stuck to the top will easily elimate the clutter you've filled in this thread in ~70 posts since March. You won't have to worry about this thread dropping off the first page ever again! :happy:

Anyway, I look forward to the end of this tour. That gets a :up: from me.

I really think the lottery was a bad idea because it gave ellipse to people who didn't really deserve it. What i mean was that I got into the line at 3pm, and if there was no lottery id have for sure gotten into the ellipse.

The real hardcore fans like me who actually waited in line deserve to get into the GA instead of those who just came in and got lucky.

:up:

I'll have my first GA experience in Ottawa and the second one the day after in Montreal. At the end of November it's pretty cold in those cities... and I think that no one should have to sleep outside freezing. :crack:

bonoz said:
I really think the lottery was a bad idea because it gave ellipse to people who didn't really deserve it. What i mean was that I got into the line at 3pm, and if there was no lottery id have for sure gotten into the ellipse.

The real hardcore fans like me who actually waited in line deserve to get into the GA instead of those who just came in and got lucky.

:down: to bonoz

:up: to the lottery

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom