Volcano - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glastonbury...I try hard to forget that song I hope I will never hear it again, it´s the worst dad rock ever, Miracle is a masterpiece compared to it

Volcano is just awesome

Period :)

dfe3b30110e87f9b008913571b315c320dcde87f8b929dfe0f22cc165ab71b76.jpg

I fucking love this song. My favorite U2 rocker since the Pop days. The only part that doesn't really work for me is the is the "you are rock n roll" bit as it's a bit silly. But in grand U2 tradition, the conviction carries it.

I fucking love this song. My favorite U2 rocker since the Pop days. The only part that doesn't really work for me is the is the "you are rock n roll" bit as it's a bit silly. But in grand U2 tradition, the conviction carries it.

This is when Glastonbury creeps in :) Otherwise it is an excellent kickass song.

Well instead of a pocket full of sunshine, it's you are rock and roll. Not a really radical departure.

This was probably my least favorite song at first on the album, but it's grown on me a lot. I really enjoy it now, especially the "Out in the wild" part.

The only part of the "you are rock n roll" section that I don't like are the words. Everything else - the delivery, music, melody - is great.

Well instead of a pocket full of sunshine, it's you are rock and roll. Not a really radical departure.

This was probably my least favorite song at first on the album, but it's grown on me a lot. I really enjoy it now, especially the "Out in the wild" part.

Kinda changes the line a bit don't you think? More syllables and everything, and Hollow's point was the lyrics I think. :) So that did change.

"You are rock and roll" is way better than "you are a pocket full of sunshine". The latter being worse than "stop helping God across the road like a little old lady". Yeah, I just went that far.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Still beats "Always wear a safety belt" IMO.

Always is their best lyrical song.
"It's been awkward". Lololololo. Imagine if they released that as the lead single off of ATYCLB and they never made into BD. The band wouldn't exist.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I wonder what the odds are they'll play this song vs. TCB....and if it's Volcano, causing the all time Interference meltdown of the (still young) century.
In Vegas the odds of Volcano vs TCB being played more are: Volcano -75000, Crystal Ballroom +50000

At least with Volcano a good number of people in attendence will have heard the song before. The Crystal Bandwagon would be accompanied by awkward applause, then silence, then the audience (those who hadn't made a b-line for the bathroom) half heartedly singing along to lyrics they don't know to a song most of them have never heard.

(sigh) If ONLY they had made TCB the lead single and they named the tour after it everything would have worked out differently. My sources tell me Bono doesn't have that bike accident had TCB been the single.

Nah, we've got plenty of songs on this album that are long and boring enough to have a double piss/beer break. :wink:

And odds are we'll get Every Boring Wave and Snooze For Someone back to back acoustically, time to hit the bathroom, concession stand and souvenir stand and still leisurely stroll back to your seat.

Back
Top Bottom