Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost glad I don't have a PS3 right now. Hopefully by the time I get one again this will all be fixed.

Apparently they've also added 2 free games to the list of 'please forgive us' goodies. 2 from a list of 5... they better be good ones

I learned about the Eihort Minecraft world viewer, which was something as soon as I'd found I realized was a critical missing piece in the game. Basically you just fly around in an omnipotent third-world Source-game style view, but the really awesome part is you can peek underground, see what caverns you have yet to find, and isolate where specific mineral deposits are.

It's ridiculously easy to use, too, and the usable view distance is insane.

So insane, in fact, that after an hour or so of filling in unexplored gaps I saw around the main cavern I first explored a month or so ago, I went back into Eihort, cranked up the view distance, and surveyed the surrounding underground caverns, whereupon I got a serious case of vertigo/Lovecraftian horror trying to comprehend the enormity and futility of ever trying to explore the rest of the caves. As the maximum map size in Minecraft is 8 times the surface area of the Earth, I just.....

It's kind of like if you were floating in the ocean, and suddenly were able to look clear down for two miles and saw everything floating in between. I'm going to go curl up in a corner for a while.

I learned about the Eihort Minecraft world viewer, which was something as soon as I'd found I realized was a critical missing piece in the game. Basically you just fly around in an omnipotent third-world Source-game style view, but the really awesome part is you can peek underground, see what caverns you have yet to find, and isolate where specific mineral deposits are.

It's ridiculously easy to use, too, and the usable view distance is insane.

So insane, in fact, that after an hour or so of filling in unexplored gaps I saw around the main cavern I first explored a month or so ago, I went back into Eihort, cranked up the view distance, and surveyed the surrounding underground caverns, whereupon I got a serious case of vertigo/Lovecraftian horror trying to comprehend the enormity and futility of ever trying to explore the rest of the caves. As the maximum map size in Minecraft is 8 times the surface area of the Earth, I just.....

It's kind of like if you were floating in the ocean, and suddenly were able to look clear down for two miles and saw everything floating in between. I'm going to go curl up in a corner for a while.
This looks a great way to show off my shit. Downloading now :up:

I hate to even mention it, but Sony apparently said "by the 31st" in a statement. That of course could mean that online is back up this week and the rest is by the 31st, or it could mean that nothing is back up until the 31st. Interpret it however you like.

Started Infamous over the weekend, game is a blast so far. Should have started it long ago, I think I've had the game for at least a year now. Very cool superhero-y sandbox type game.

Started New Vegas yesterday in fact and ended up playing an unhealthy amount (maybe 10 hours?). Absolutely enthralled and far superior to Fallout 3, at least for my tastes.

It's basically the same as Fallout 3 in terms of design and how it plays, but with a few really nice refinements to the core mechanics (actually feels like a shooter now, I find myself using VATS less frequently), far better writing, more varied environments and interesting quests, and a more complex game world with more varied factions and relationships, etc. Really hope the DLC holds up to F3's high standard though.

It's basically the same as Fallout 3 in terms of design and how it plays, but with a few really nice refinements to the core mechanics (actually feels like a shooter now, I find myself using VATS less frequently), far better writing, more varied environments and interesting quests, and a more complex game world with more varied factions and relationships, etc. Really hope the DLC holds up to F3's high standard though.

Liberty Prime. :(

Is it supposed to be working? I could download the update but that was about all.

It seems to be taking time for all the individual servers around the country (and Europe) to get caught up to speed. I was finally able to do the password change around 3am last night after downloading the update several hours earlier.

It seems to be taking time for all the individual servers around the country (and Europe) to get caught up to speed. I was finally able to do the password change around 3am last night after downloading the update several hours earlier.

Yeah I downloaded the update yesterday, and tried on and off most of yesterday over about a 7 hour period and got nothing.

Yeah, I'd just suggest you keep trying. It will happen eventually. Sony has a lot to get back online in a lot of countries and territories so it will take some time, I imagine.

I had a feeling it might fall a little short. I had high hopes though. I'll probably still pick it up

That's pretty awesome then. I had only watched the IGN review. IGN annoys me most of the time anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom