The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dusty Bottoms said:
i also find it funny that sammy hit his 600th homerun off the cubs, and off against a crappy ass pitcher who took his number.

the only thing that would have made it better if it was at wrigley
The only thing that really would have made it better would have been if 469 of the 600 homers weren't chemically enhanced.

the sock remain dead to me.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
being a bunch of pussies, as most of the cubs look to be, doesn't quite help your team win, either.

a healthy balance between the two would be nice.

Didn't you see that Zambrano came out of the clubhouse during the Lee/Young scuffle with his belt off ready for some ass-kicking last week?

It made me sad that Lee hid behind good old Lou as soon as he made it on to the field. :(

I like how I move to town and both teams are below .500 and brawls are happening, one of the 2 managers has a tirade each week. Good times. Looking forward to Sunday!

I almost peed my pants today when I heard Ozzie's latest. It was something along the lines of these guys don't deserve to get paid for how bad they're playing. :giggle:

I was at Monday's game. Sat in left field right behind the bullpen. Those poor SOBs. :tsk: They blow. Left field is good times.

Listen to the White Sox flagship station (AM 670) for all kinds of Cub/Sock nonsense.

I'm out in the fucking boonies on Sunday...then going to Wrigley on Monday....I think these will be games 9 and 10 in less than 2 months.

Think Ozzie lasts the season?

You read my mind...I typed that post, then recalled that the Yankes were just starting to get their act together then...and the Mets were on the downswing. Good point.

WildHoneyAlways said:
I almost peed my pants today when I heard Ozzie's latest. It was something along the lines of these guys don't deserve to get paid for how bad they're playing. :giggle:

I was at Monday's game. Sat in left field right behind the bullpen. Those poor SOBs. :tsk: They blow. Left field is good times.

It's quite amazing how different they are now. I mean, they are basically the same team that won the whole thing less than two year ago.

Ozzie makes it through. The bullpen is horrific. He's really got no options out there. It doesn't help that his team has the lowest batting average by like, 10 points either. Sweet Jesus, they are bad. Not fun bad, mind you. We're getting there though.

The day Williams traded Rowand, my first thought was "there goes a team that aint repeating"...that may be oversimplifying things, but, teams that tweak their rosters too much after having a magical season seem to fail more than they succeed.

ETA - And I keep reading about Buehrle being on the block....WHA is the expert on the Sox, not me, but that does not seem like a wise thing to do...but maybe Sox fans think it is...I know more Cubs fans so far. :)

phanan said:

It's quite amazing how different they are now. I mean, they are basically the same team that won the whole thing less than two year ago.

The bullpen is very different. Aside from Jenks (and he's iffy), I don't trust any of those fuckers. Thome is the only guy hitting consistently. Konerko is streaky b/c he's pretty much a head case. The starting pitching isn't too bad though. I like what I've seen from Denks. I think he'll be okay.

No spoken words said:
The day Williams traded Rowand, my first thought was "there goes a team that aint repeating"...that may be oversimplifying things, but, teams that tweak their rosters too much after having a magical season seem to fail more than they succeed.

Dude, at the time I was ecstatic to get Jim Thome. The Sock were pretty good last year. The starting pitching went into complete collapse mode in July. They still managed to win 90 games though.

Interestingly enough, Aaron Rowand has almost a cult following here. My sports radio guys have dubbed it "the cult of grindy." I wish Brian Anderson didn't suck. He is a better defensive center fielder than Rowand.

No spoken words said:

That was a great trade though. Thome certainly hasn't been the problem.

I'd rather have a guy like Rowand, with his defense and hustle than Thome, but that's just me. The Sox were not bad last year, but, not sure that was a trade they needed to make. I'm a pitching/defense fan, not a multi-million dollar DH fan...but, my team has Giambi, so, yeah.

I don't think it was a great trade at all, and it's not about Thome's play, it's about what they lost in Rowand. Again, just my opinion/outlook on what makes a team good....no need to harm your chemistry like that coming off a WS run.

Here's the thing about Rowand's defense: He made some great plays b/c he got a terrible jump/read on the ball. Some of his most spectacular catches should have been routine. Don't get me wrong. I loved the guy. He wore a Bears t-shirt under his jersey ever game. :D

I hear you re: Rowand and not always getting a good jump on the ball...but at least he still had the hustle and speed to make the plays anyway. When you have a guy like that, you don't deal him for a DH. You fix what's broken. GM's that play Fantasy Baseball with their rosters don't impress me.

ETA - Regardless, will be a bummer to see Dye/Buehrle get dumped. Buehrle in a Met uniform = bad, I hope he at least goes elsewhere. And, Dye, cannot believe he has been in the league since 1996....makes me feel old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom