The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, and once again you two are missing the point entirely. No one thought thavidio was capable of coining the term himself, we've all heard it, it was the annoying fact that he did, and still does, have to use it in every single post. When you repeat the same thing over and over to get a rise, and can't truly defend your thoughts it's the definition of a troll. That was the point, not who coined the term or who used it.

What you too, man? Your inhability to think or hatred against the blacksheeps is so big that couldn't read that I do not agree with this "Dad-rock" argument?
Get off me, man!

What you too, man? Your inhability to think or hatred against the blacksheeps is so big that couldn't read that I do not agree with this "Dad-rock" argument?

Get off me, man!

There were two of you that said the same exact thing, that he didn't coin the term and that it's been used before. And yes the two of you were correct but you both missed the point. This has nothing to do with black sheep or that I thought you agreed with his argument.

So please, calm down.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm finding that this song has gotten better and better since I first heard it.

Its a fun song, good lyrics and it makes me want to sing along.

In fact, I will be singing along when I see them live.....assuming its electric and not busker ;)

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Slightly dad rock, but they've earned the right... :)

But I think the way the guitar and drum part swing and syncopate is pretty bad ass. I've never heard a u2 song with anything like that feel. In that sense it is more than just a typical dad rock song. It's pretty different .

They may have made up for that with vocals in the intro though. :) still a good song. My least fav on the album, but it has one of my favorite lines: "music so I can exaggerate my pain and give it a name".

So, I'm right. In the absence of arguments in a discussion «you just got it wrong 'cause you're not native, you spelled it wrong». I'm still and always ready to debate. Guess some of you are not unless the personal attacks aren't there more clearly or covert. Whatever...

:applaud:
:up:

You must be part of the younger audience that U2 constantly seem to want to cater to nowadays.

I like U2, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles etc. I like dad rock. I'm a dad.

I also like Miami.

Nope, I´m 31. But the bands you mentioned are perfect examples of dad rock.

Althought Miami isn´t dad rock, it is an obvious utter crap that pretends to be a piece of art, unsuccesfully :)

I would come to Miami's defense here but yeah, it's kind of bad.

To be honest though, I would much rather U2 be willing to make more songs like Miami than more Songs for Someone. There's a lot more potential to be had in misguided strangeness than American Idol sounding shit.

Last edited:
I didn't like Miami until I heard the live version, especially the Leeds 1997 one.

That is a monstrous performance (in a good way).

Oh fuck yeah, it's way better live. There's no comparison. And I love the gleeful satire involved in the Bullet--->Miami transition. That was one moment of Popmart (of many) that really worked.

Althought Miami isn´t dad rock, it is an obvious utter crap that pretends to be a piece of art, unsuccesfully :)

I don't agree at all with you on The Miracle being "Dad Rock". I don't necessarily agree with you on the solo in TCB.

But this comment about Miami you made....is spot on and restores my faith you!

You are wrong. Miami is fantastic! Just ask my license plate, MYMAMMY.

Yes! Miami is great; screw the haters.
Also, it is way better live simply because it's so freakin incredible live. It's a shame that the song has been so shunned; I hope they play it at some point in the future. I've heard that the band actually loves the song, so there's hope.

There's a lot more potential to be had in misguided strangeness than American Idol sounding shit.

:lol::lol::lol:

That´s some harsh SOng for Someone bashing :lol: I know what you mean and I partly agree. I always laugh when I hear the moving story of Bono trying to get some sleep when Edge was trying to come up with arpeggios for this song and he ended up with that most cheesiest one. :lol: It is the refrain and the ending what saves the song for me.

I would like Song For Someone if they played it to the exact tune as Miami on PopMart. Better yet, close with it. Everyone will leave trying to figure wtf just happened. Big guitar solo, crazy light show, the whole thing.

I didn't like Miami until I heard the live version, especially the Leeds 1997 one.

That is a monstrous performance (in a good way).

I'm not a "Miami" fan either, but the live versions are way better. I like the opening night in Las Vegas version.
I think "Miami" gained a lot with the "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" guitar riff in the end.

Back
Top Bottom