The 2010-2011 NBA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exciting night for Bulls fans...Carlos Boozer has tweeted that he's going to warm up and probably play tonight.

:applaud:

Quitness back in Cleveland tomorrow night, I think I might tune in for a bit of that. After all the success he brough to the Cavs I sure hope they don't boo him :wink:

plus/minus etc...

I heard some espn head talking about the Heat, and how they're actually better with Bosh and one of Wade/James on the floor, as opposed to all 3 guys or James and Wade, no Bosh. More evidence against them eventually coexisting.

Quitness back in Cleveland tomorrow night, I think I might tune in for a bit of that. After all the success he brough to the Cavs I sure hope they don't boo him :wink:

I heard some espn head talking about the Heat, and how they're actually better with Bosh and one of Wade/James on the floor, as opposed to all 3 guys or James and Wade, no Bosh. More evidence against them eventually coexisting.

I suggested something similar in the pre-season, not Wade/James + Bosh but rather cycling any 2 on the court at a single time and having one on the bench. Keeps em well rested and ready to take over at any time. (although I know your point is about Wade and James not working well together)

Didn't matter much though.

Yeah, that was a clobbering. Boozer looked really uncomfortable out there. Looked like a guy who hadn't played in an NBA game in a while.

You guys were rebounding the shit out of the ball. Getting lots of second chances. Craziest Bulls stat of the year - Joakim played 25 minutes and didn't get a single rebound. That is unreal, and I wouldn't be surprised if that never happens again in his career.

I suggested something similar in the pre-season, not Wade/James + Bosh but rather cycling any 2 on the court at a single time and having one on the bench. Keeps em well rested and ready to take over at any time. (although I know your point is about Wade and James not working well together)

but that won't work. neither lebron nor wade will settle for staying on the bench for long stretches of time.

the answer is to trade one of them for a player(s) that fits better.

I really hope that Cleveland does not embarrass itself in terms of fan behavior tonight on national TV. The last thing that the city needs is another black eye.

Some Cleveland fans threw beer bottles at referees back a few years ago and still all anyone wants to talk about is snowballs in the 60s in Philly.

I think you'll be fine.

but that won't work. neither lebron nor wade will settle for staying on the bench for long stretches of time.

the answer is to trade one of them for a player(s) that fits better.

Then someone in Miami needs to grow a pair, whether it be LeBron or Wade, Pat Riley or Erik Spoelstra.

Sounds like Spoelstra has done just that recently. As much of the fact that I do not like him as a coach, it doesnt seem as though he was at all intimidated by LeBron's little bump.

Wade pretty much sat against Detroit for the real important part of the game. I'd rather not trade one of them, the power of a star player of that magnitude off the bench is tremendous in my opinion. Again though, it's not [shouldn't be] Wade or LeBron running the show.

Has that one dude come out with a third (post-Lebron) Cleveland tourism video yet?

apparently the rest of the cavs roster are a bunch of bigger bitches than lebron.

honestly... this is disgusting. not that the cavs are getting blown out... the cavs are awful. they should be blown out. what's awful is that lebron is fucking with the cav players... talking shit to them after making shots, mocking them...

and the cav players are joking around right back with him.

i'm disgusted with the apathy of the cleveland cavilers, and i feel incredibly bad for the cleveland fans. SHOW SOME FUCKING HEART!

i don't know much... but i know this. if patrick ewing had fucked the knicks over in the prime of his career to go join the bulls, charles oakley would have decked his ass into the 5th row before the first quarter ended.

cleveland? they're making jokes with them as he chats with the bench. what a fucking joke. the cav players have no pride.

oh... and kudos to the cavs fans. especially for the delonte chants.

The Scottie Pippen chants were my favorite - goes to the core of Lebitch's psyche.

Hmmm. This is me just being bored and throwing this out there. I don't particularly believe it's going happen or anything, hell, I don't know much of anything. Kind of just playing a (shitty) devil's advocate.

What if, 5 or 6 years from now, after the Heat have multiple titles, we look back at this date - December 2, 2010 - as the moment they put it together and became a true team. The Heat have taken an enormous amount of shit already this year. The month of November was very cruel to them. Sooooo many people have been scrutinizing them to death, looking for their flaws, making proclamations about how they're in trouble, and how they're already a bust, Wade and Lebron can't play together, there's no chemistry, the whole coaching issue, and how it's going to be a failed experiment.

What if this was the night they flipped the switch, and in 5 years when they have multiple rings, we all look back at what we said in November 2010 and laugh a hearty laugh?

I saw a relaxed and happy and satisfied Lebron in tonight's post-game press conference and, you know what? That's scary. He was incredible tonight.

Go Bulls.

No...I don't think they flipped a switch yet. I think they played a shitty team that had no chance tonight. I also think Wade stepped back and let it be LeBron's night. If they are all ok with this every night, we could see some things changing. I have my doubts...

I want to see them do this to Boston, Orlando, Lakers, Spurs, or even Utah. Then...I'll say this team has figured it out.

I didn't say the Bulls...I worry...

apparently the rest of the cavs roster are a bunch of bigger bitches than lebron.

honestly... this is disgusting. not that the cavs are getting blown out... the cavs are awful. they should be blown out. what's awful is that lebron is fucking with the cav players... talking shit to them after making shots, mocking them...

and the cav players are joking around right back with him.

i'm disgusted with the apathy of the cleveland cavilers, and i feel incredibly bad for the cleveland fans. SHOW SOME FUCKING HEART!

i don't know much... but i know this. if patrick ewing had fucked the knicks over in the prime of his career to go join the bulls, charles oakley would have decked his ass into the 5th row before the first quarter ended.

cleveland? they're making jokes with them as he chats with the bench. what a fucking joke. the cav players have no pride.

oh... and kudos to the cavs fans. especially for the delonte chants.

Yeah, but Oakley had more balls in his pinkie than there is on that Cavs roster. Who's gonna deck Lebron...Varejao? Of course they're all a bunch of bitches, look who their leader was?

Wow, the Heat are raping Cleveland and the game is only in the 3rd quarter. :doh:

No way they have cap space to add Kobe, unless you want them to trade Wade for him.

No...I don't think they flipped a switch yet. I think they played a shitty team that had no chance tonight. I also think Wade stepped back and let it be LeBron's night. If they are all ok with this every night, we could see some things changing. I have my doubts...

I want to see them do this to Boston, Orlando, Lakers, Spurs, or even Utah. Then...I'll say this team has figured it out.

I didn't say the Bulls...I worry...

agreed... they're still 1-7 against teams over .500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom