The 2010-2011 NBA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Derrick's little cradle the ball/switch hands/scoop it up and in last night was easily the sexiest play of the 2010-11 NBA season so far.

I think i follow the NBA more now just to root against Lebron and his excuses.

Yeah, the whole "too much playing time" complaint is ridiculous. The guy has always been impeccably conditioned. He could play ninety minutes if he needed to do so.

All I will say is the rock star atmosphere is gone for the Heat and they better figure out some sort of chemistry soon. I could list at least 5-6 teams who have more of a team concept than the Heat.

I could also list 20+ teams who play better defense...

All I will say is the rock star atmosphere is gone for the Heat and they better figure out some sort of chemistry soon. I could list at least 5-6 teams who have more of a team concept than the Heat.

The vast majority of the entire league has more of a team concept than the Heat.

needless to say, the knicks will not be on that list.

the knicks season is turning into yet another disaster, and it's turning that way quickly. i like d'antoni, loved the hiring when it happened, still think he can be a great coach with the right team... but i'm beginning to think that this isn't the right team; that he isn't the right coach for where the knicks are right now. problem is, i don't know who is.

the raymond felton signing looks like an absolute disaster thus far. he looks like a slightly better version of duhon. he hasn't been able to shoot, he can't get to the rim, and he seems utterly lost on the pick & roll... and d'antoni's entire offense is built around the pick & roll, and amar'e's entire game is built on the pick & roll... so that's a bit of a problem.

i'm at a loss. we have a coach who's supposed to be an offensive genius, and i do believe he's a terrific offensive mind, but the offense sucks. and we know the defense sucks. so, well, the knicks just suck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeBgpQBlP-g

600_fanup_generic_page_1_101015.jpg

heatfanup_01.jpg

600_fanup_generic_page_3_101015.jpg

300_fanupcarddiscount2_101020.jpg
300_fanupcarddiscount1_101020.jpg

:giggle:

the knicks season is turning into yet another disaster, and it's turning that way quickly. i like d'antoni, loved the hiring when it happened, still think he can be a great coach with the right team... but i'm beginning to think that this isn't the right team; that he isn't the right coach for where the knicks are right now. problem is, i don't know who is.

the raymond felton signing looks like an absolute disaster thus far. he looks like a slightly better version of duhon. he hasn't been able to shoot, he can't get to the rim, and he seems utterly lost on the pick & roll... and d'antoni's entire offense is built around the pick & roll, and amar'e's entire game is built on the pick & roll... so that's a bit of a problem.

i'm at a loss. we have a coach who's supposed to be an offensive genius, and i do believe he's a terrific offensive mind, but the offense sucks. and we know the defense sucks. so, well, the knicks just suck.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you need Rubio.

South Florida, actually. The only team that plays in Miami is the Heat.

Everybody around here isn't actually from here. I'd say the best fans exist with the Dolphins for sure, I'm surprised the Heat fans are so weak this year because tracing back to 04, 05, 06 they were amazing. They all hop on the bandwagon though down here, it's really sad.

The real problem though... be a Marlins or a Panther fan and see how badly they struggle to fill their stands.

they represent miami, they play in the miami metro area. heck, joe pro player sun life robbie stadium is in "miami gardens."

miami is a terrible sports city. yes, because the majority of the state of florida is made up of cuban immigrants and displaced new yorkers. terrible none the less.

the BankAtlantic Center is in Sunrise, which isnt even past Ft. Lauderdale.

You also forgot LandShark and Dolphin Stadium.

The Florida Marlins do not [yet] represent Miami. Most people around here consider Miami Gardens equally to Ft. Lauderdale as it is to Miami. South Florida is pretty expansive, most of the fans come from up north in Palm Beach and Broward counties, not Dade county. The fans that show up to the games and the fanbases are representative of South Florida, not Miami.

I cant seem to understand why you have such a distaste for Miami, sounds almost like you just want to egg me on here... unless you've actually lived here I dont see how you could be talking though?

Yup, you caught me again. All about me. Or maybe... just maybe.. we're having a conversation and you cant help but every single time say how terrible of a sports city Miami is to me. As if I need to hear it or something?

You have no basis to call it a bad sports city if you've only just 'been there', honestly. I mean... I'm trying to be agreeable because all of what you're saying isnt wrong, but that seems to be the last thing you want?

I'm not from Miami, so you can hate on it all you'd like. I really dont care, stop telling me about it, not once, or twice, or three times, but four times.

GAF - Again, I really like this team...a lot. I cannot wait for the Booze.

Mr. 7 - Again...sometimes it is best to let someone else get the last word, and move on with something else. I said this before, so I'll take it to the next step. People have opinions. For example, GAF and I like the Bears and the Bulls. But he can be a real pain in the ass come baseball season because he likes the White Sox. He says some things about the Cubs that I don't agree with, but I don't stew over them because it's a FORUM. And...I know the Cubs have better fans. (except the fake ones who think it's cool to be a fan. I hate them.) Now, I'm done with this and you are on your own now.

Headache - I'm interested in your take on Stoudamire. Explain to me how a 6'9" leap out of the building guy can only grab 3 rebounds in a game. The only thing I can think of is that he is boxing out so well and others are not. Then they just go strait to the basket and get the rebound. I have my doubts though...

Is it a mindset? Does he not care enough about rebounding to consistently get 8-10 rebounds a game?

Headache - I'm interested in your take on Stoudamire. Explain to me how a 6'9" leap out of the building guy can only grab 3 rebounds in a game. The only thing I can think of is that he is boxing out so well and others are not. Then they just go strait to the basket and get the rebound. I have my doubts though...

Is it a mindset? Does he not care enough about rebounding to consistently get 8-10 rebounds a game?

the thing about stoudamire that i sorta knew going in, but didn't know to this extent, is that he needs a second legit scoring threat on the court to be effective. he really has no post game, isn't overly physical, and is a mediocre defender on his best night.

he's a dynamic offensive weapon because of his athleticism and ability to take bigs off the dribble and knock down a mid-range jumper, but he needs space to operate, which the knicks don't have right now because every defender just collapses on the paint whenever he touches the ball.

that's why the nash-amar'e duo was so good... the defender had to respect nash's ability as well as amar'e's, so the screen/rolls were almost impossible to defend. felton can't shoot and can't get to the basket to score. he's not a pick and roll point guard, but they're trying to make him into one. it's not working.

as far as the rebounding... i think it's a mentality. he just isn't a great defender at all, and is always looking to get out on the break because he's such a great offensive player in transition. it's almost as if amar'e is a 3 stuck in a 4/5's body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom