*Spoilers* Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it doesn't matter how you feel. it only matters how Larry feels. if he felt it best to cope by playing the show? good for him. if he felt it best to postpone the show? good for him.

Chill there...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

The Miracle does fit perfect now as the opener.

Yeah, I wanted to be the melody
Above the noise, above the hurt

Everything I ever lost, now has been returned
In the most beautiful sound I'd ever heard

Will definitely be a show to remember. It was Larry's dad who suggested that he place the notice on the Mount Temple bulletin board, so there will be many emotional Bono speeches / moments throughout the night.

Look it up. Sydney, Australia 11/26/93. Adam's bass technician Stuart filled in for him when he was unable to make the show. They jokingly referred to it as STU TV instead of ZOO TV.

Everyone knows about that. Adam wasn't there because he was hung over. He almost got himself kicked out of the band for his trouble.

It's inconceivable to me that the band would play without Larry under these circumstances.

Everyone knows about that. Adam wasn't there because he was hung over. He almost got himself kicked out of the band for his trouble.

It's inconceivable to me that the band would play without Larry under these circumstances.

Where's that thread where this was discussed not too long ago? Seemed like most of us learned towards the "all or none" option in the end, anyway.

On top of the emotional aspect of things, you'd also have to consider the idea of putting a drum tech under the grind of a world tour kickoff with maybe three days notice. That's assuming he even knows enough of the songs, old and new, so that they can throw a show together.

I can't lie, but I'm dying to see/hear Bullet. It's been 10 years! And they have a lot to prove by bringing it back after that Vertigo-era snooze solo.

Indeed, maybe he feels going out and taking his emotion out on his drums?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Could have a Brett Favre kind of night and pull off a flying Tommy Lee-esque drum solo for the ages, who knows.
Obviously he feels comfortable playing, no way the shows would go on otherwise.

Axver,

You should put a notice on your page asking anyone attending either dress rehearsal which songs were done on which stage. I'm not convinced a full kit will be on the "e-stage".

Also ask to fill in some gaps as 2 days have incomplete set lists one of my trusted sources sent me:

Wed April 29th
Invisible
Better
Desire
California
--------------(fan left PNE during "set" and came back a bit later)
WOWY
Ordinary

Tuesday May 5th "acoustic" session in order after Bono flew in from Stanford:
NLOTH
Fly
Moment Surrender
Ground Beneath
TTTYAATW

Also played that evening were Bullet & Angel of Harlem.

40 would now be a perfect closer for the show. Larry could do his drum solo at the end like they did on JT and Lovetown tours.

Haven't Found "closed" about 5-7 of the rehearsal shows. Least they are trying something a bit different with a warhorse since it's not usually in the 2nd half of their shows.

This whole discussion seems a bit surreal...trying to dissect what he might / might not do...

Not to mention that we're talking about not merely a transatlantic flight..but a flight to the Pacific time zone. Not sure if anyone has ever tried that literally the minute after burying a loved one and then gotten up and pounded the drums professionally for 2 hrs?

I dunno. I doubt anyone is worrying about the show start as much as U2 fans. Let the man be. Some famous guy apparently once said "let the dead bury their dead" but I don't think he was Irish.

:up:

And this :up:

Peter, thank you for all of your info all these weeks. I have been travelling a lot so I haven't been able to keep up with this, is there a "master list" of all of the songs they rehearsed? And also did the de-camp the stage a stuff to Roger's center? Please forgive if these topics were already covered I'm trying to get caught up.

Peter, thank you for all of your info all these weeks. I have been travelling a lot so I haven't been able to keep up with this, is there a "master list" of all of the songs they rehearsed? And also did the de-camp the stage a stuff to Roger's center? Please forgive if these topics were already covered I'm trying to get caught up.

From the u2gigs article this morning (my time, anyway):

http://www.u2gigs.com/article988.html said:
List of all songs confirmed to have been rehearsed

Let's conclude with a list of songs known to have been rehearsed across all sessions in Vancouver. We should issue a mea culpa: Volcano should not have been in our earlier lists. It was played over the PA by the band's crew, but we have had no more solid confirmation that it was played than one report early in the rehearsals period that the band did "everything" from Songs of Innocence. We are only counting songs cited directly, so it has been removed from our list.

New songs: California (There Is No End To Love), Cedarwood Road, Every Breaking Wave (full band and acoustic versions), Invisible, Iris (Hold Me Close), The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone), Ordinary Love, Raised By Wolves, Song For Someone, The Troubles.

Old songs: Angel Of Harlem, Bad, Beautiful Day, Bullet The Blue Sky, City Of Blinding Lights, Desire, Elevation, Even Better Than The Real Thing, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, I Will Follow, Magnificent, Miracle Drug, Moment Of Surrender, Mysterious Ways, No Line On The Horizon, One, One Step Closer, Out Of Control, Playboy Mansion, Pride, Running To Stand Still, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Sweetest Thing, The Electric Co., The Fly, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, The Hands That Built America, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Until The End Of The World, Vertigo, Where The Streets Have No Name, and With Or Without You.

Total songs confirmed to have been rehearsed: 42.

tDmKJpy.jpg

for the record, I've got nothing against U2FP :wink:

What exactly happened to Volcano? It seemed like a lock to be played every night. Were they just unhappy with how it sounded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom