*Spoilers* - Rehearsals in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went back and reread, and I don't see one post where any regulars were "vicious," it was Hallucination, which is kind of expected at this point, and a handful of people with less than 50 posts.

Right.

Exactly.

I also doubt you'll see any of the more sane here defend the post. it was a really dumb and entitled thing to say, and has gotten pretty much universal damnation. I don't really know what else there is to it.

What would you like us to do? Ostracize him? Banish him to the @U2 boards? :shrug:

Banish him to the @U2 boards? :shrug:

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. ;)

I've seen vicious around this place. Often. Many regulars that I would have expected it from in this case were downright even-handed, then were very prompt in jumping on the newbs who did post in a more vicious manner. Just seemed noticeably out of character, and I don't think it's that much of a stretch to make the assumption that it's because he provided information to the forum, and if he were a nobody, he would have gotten the vicious treatment from regulars. Different standards for different folks, is all I'm saying.

I don't think anyone threatened him he said he was threatend with legal and physical action by U2 staff. Not us. I'm somewhat regular here (well a lurker in the off season lol) and I've stated my displeasure of what he wrote but I guess it's time we all move on. If he wants to boycott U2 it will only be his loss.

True colours sometimes come out. How typical for people to say "blame it on the booze" or he only made a mistake. Boycotting and threatening because YOU feel entitled to a rehearsal. What about all of those fans who don't have the luxury of seeing U2. Christ almighty get a fucking life or better yet a job.

You need to cool it.

Guys, is it safe to buy tickets from ebay? I'm from Brazil and want to go to the NY concerts!

Sorry to post into this topic, but I didn't find another place.

eBay is eBay you always take a risk buying something from there! Best bet is do your research on the seller ie make sure he has lots of feedback and positive feedback! I'm not sure but here in Canada now the original person who bought the tickets must present the credit card used to purchase the tickets but I saw an email that they can be transferred? Also check out ebays protection policies if they cover ticket fraud.

What people with 20 or so posts magically riding in on their high horses and telling others what kind of fan they should be and how they should feel about a situation they aren't involved in?

Well, then the regulars chiming in with the "you guys are overreacting to an overreaction" and the ensuing "no, YOU'RE overreacting to an overreaction to the initial reaction!"

you could easily have changed the subject being bickered about and moved this to EYKIW and had yourself a nice little thread. Maybe about Pop or the SOI release method.

How was his post even that bad? How could anyone read that and have any reaction beyond "boycott? well that's a bit silly" and then forget about it two seconds later? Fucking hell.

How was his post even that bad? How could anyone read that and have any reaction beyond "boycott? well that's a bit silly" and then forget about it two seconds later? Fucking hell.

It's been explained a hundred times. No one can stand attitudes like his in 2015. People actually went out and interacted with rabid superfans on 360 and when it rears its ugly head on the board now, the reaction is swift and aggressive. Any fan expecting anything of U2 that they didn't pay for deserves what they get: very likely nothing, unless U2 is gracious enough to do something kind for them. That's it. Boycotting shows is laughable. Really, I laughed.

I think you're just so numb to bad U2 section posts that it takes a Change Is DUE or Satellite of Love was a tribute to ZooTV for you to notice.

Could U2 please hurry up and rehearse something shocking so that we can actually permanently change the topic in this thread?

I had a dream last night that they rehearsed acoustic Acrobat as part of a medley. That would've kept this place occupied.

How about Bad with an extended Acrobat snippet? Why has that never been done?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Anyone know what version of "Running to stand still" they have rehersed? Zoo tv, rattle and hum, or some other version?

Anyone know what version of "Running to stand still" they have rehersed? Zoo tv, rattle and hum, or some other version?

Believe it or not, Larry's on accordion and Adam sings it monotone while playing the harp. It segues into an epic acoustic version of Streets.

I'd die if they played the Zoo TV version. But I suspect it'll be like the Vertigo version, piano and a bit of guitar with the "still running" refrain (no Alleluia or Dirty Old Town).

Any sign of the full band version of Every Breaking Wave yet, or is it still the piano version?

Not too keen on reading through what sound like several pages of ?.

Any sign of the full band version of Every Breaking Wave yet, or is it still the piano version?

Not too keen on reading through what sound like several pages of ?.

They did it full band a few times, but it has been all acoustic for more than a week now

They did it full band a few times, but it has been all acoustic for more than a week now

I guess they figured that it would segue better acoustically into Bullet. Which is disappointing, I think it'd be incredible in electric form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom