*Spoilers* - Rehearsals in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that on a future tour we'll get a full band electric EBW, but it would be weird for it to not get such an outing during its own promo cycle.

I've been to twelve U2 shows and I still haven't heard Out of Control or Bad live. I really hope I get to this time around

You'd think the whole "innocence" theme would have had them playing more early shit. A Day Without Me. Shadows and Tall Trees. The Twilight demo.

I was really close as well - Bad was on the written setlist for Coimbra II but for whatever reason they decided to skip it.

I did get to hear Boy Falls From the Sky though, so maybe I shouldn't complain...

I was really close as well - Bad was on the written setlist for Coimbra II but for whatever reason they decided to skip it.

I did get to hear Boy Falls From the Sky though, so maybe I shouldn't complain...

:lol: You got to hear a song that wasn't played ANYWHERE else, over a song that will most likely be played again this tour? Yeah, tough luck. :D

Luckily got to hear bad at my 3rd show already, then again twice in Dublin 2009, on the 2010 leg it was played at one of my shows as well. Pretty lucky. :D

OOC only at my 2nd to last gig in Montreal. Was pretty awesome!

Got OOC at my 360 gig. Whole show was good vibes and high energy and that track fit in so great after EBTTRT, The Fly, Mysterious Ways and UTEOTW. What a firecracker intro the last leg had.

Running to Stand Still is the only song off the top of my head that I am absolutely clamouring to hear live. Bad was the other one, and I got that on 360.

I was also present for possibly the worst setlist the band has ever played:

Return Of The Stingray Guitar
Beautiful Day / In My Life (snippet)
I Will Follow
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Mysterious Ways / Rain (snippet)
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
North Star
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
In A Little While
Miss Sarajevo
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / Thunderstruck (snippet)
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Two Tribes (snippet)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Scarlet
Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)

encore(s):
One
Dear Prudence (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / All You Need Is Love (snippet)
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender

Running to Stand Still is the only song off the top of my head that I am absolutely clamouring to hear live. Bad was the other one, and I got that on 360.

I Will Follow
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Elevation
North Star
In A Little While
Miss Sarajevo
City Of Blinding Lights
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Scarlet

encore(s):
One
Dear Prudence (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / All You Need Is Love (snippet)
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender

That is, admittedly, fucking awful. You poor soul.

No rehearsals last night??

I think they're still loading in at the Rogers Arena. A couple of U2gigs contacts reported that they didn't hear anything.

My guess is closed rehearsals on the 11th, dress rehearsal on the 12th, and then a rest day before the first two dates of the tour.

I Will Follow
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Elevation
North Star
In A Little While
Miss Sarajevo
City Of Blinding Lights
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Scarlet

encore(s):
One
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender

This really demonstrates to me that a bad setlist is more about the songs they don't play than the songs they do. And if they play anything like the setlist that's being discussed around here, I'd say it will be the weakest I've heard.

Agree with you on RTSS.

Got that in Melbourne a few nights earlier. NYD instead of IWF that night, and Stuck was nice, and even though there's a hell of a lot of songs I'd have preferred to hear it was still about 100 times better than North Star.

they keep promising rotating second sets, but every dress rehearsal has been exactly the same thus far, and there haven't been any reports that they're continuing to practice the other songs they've worked on.

so either they're just really working hard to ensure that opening night is perfect, or they're giving up on the rotating second set, too.

:shrug: it's expected by now. i'm waiting to see exactly how adventurous they get in the second set before i finalize my tickets. already have 2 MSG shows, waiting to see if I want to add in just the last MSG show or the last MSG show and one other MSG show.

if sets are fairly static it's just the one. if they're really rotating, i'll probably be tempted to tack a 4th show on

As some have said what's stopping them rehearsing some things where no body can hear?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

2010 had 5 unreleased songs and HMTMKMKM. And Love Rescue Me. Sure the rest of it was pretty conservative, especially the Australian shows, but playing those unfinished songs at a stadium gig was pretty ballsy I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom