*Spoilers* - Rehearsals in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last two posts are far more annoying. Shove your moral superiority UYMFA

Not to mention that the people bagging out U2PF most vociferously are complete unknowns with few posts who've just come out of the woodwork to tear down somebody with whom they don't seem to have any previous Interference history. It's kind of suspicious. Peter, do you have an enemy who wants to set people on you or is very committed to making alters?

4 hardcore fans from 3 different continents who've seen a total of 220 u2 shows across 20 countries and have probably given the band $50,000 directly to the band were not considered "friends" enough gain entry last night.

I never realized that purchasing tickets to U2 shows automatically made me "friends" with the band and granted me super secret access and admission to closed rehearsals.

I guess I had better start carrying all of my ticket stubs with me in the event that U2's staff doesn't remember who I am.

Umm, guys.... Peter is the one who got everyone in this thread, and thousands more because of the sites re-sharing, most of the info you have you have about rehearsals. He didn't get paid. He shared with you to help you (us).

The last two posts are far more annoying. Shove your moral superiority UYMFA

Yeah, what's up with the vitriol, especially from obscure randoms.

I don't agree with the extent of U2FP's outrage, but I can see why he's disappointed, especially when it seems some of the crew had extra passes but weren't able to give them out.

:up::up::up:

Right with you Ax, Nick, and Danny. I may have inadvertently started some backlash, but reading my post back, the tone was "I don't think you guys were entitled, so there's no need to be so disappointed as to boycott shows".

The abuse that has followed is just obscene. It seems to have escalated on a pretty steep curve for 5 or 6 hours AND U2FP HASN'T EVEN MADE ANOTHER POST.

Ya'll have been getting outraged more and more based on each other's posts, not the posts of the subject of your rage. Chill out.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I honestly don't get why you guys go through all the trouble of going to hundreds of shows, waiting outside arenas and in lines for hours if not days, getting into near-fisticuffs with security, etc.

:up:

i am going to ONE show and am so looking forward to it

the thought of people hanging outside a venue for days on end, hearing repeat rehearsals and boycotting opening night confuses me

it's nice that Peter was trickle feeding us little tidbits but it's silly to let it backfire like this - best to just enjoy every little moment and every little extra treat we're given, no disappointment that way!

4 hardcore fans from 3 different continents who've seen a total of 220 u2 shows across 20 countries and have probably given the band $50,000 directly to the band were not considered "friends" enough gain entry last night.

A dozen plus laminent carrying u2 employees(the ones that interacted with vertigo GA lines) dating back to ZOOTV who recognize 3 of those fans were horrified that u2's upper management let nobody in and gave us some free food from inside.

A 100+ u2 show South American fan(who's never even met the band) got a u2 experience he's never had before: Hearing a u2 show with an audience while outside the venue. He never complained a single but it absolutely broke my heart to see the sadness in his eyes and how he was just glad for everything u2 have done and he had the freedom to see a dozen of two shows a tour.

Guest list was 1/3rd full and the pair U2 employees had at least 200 extra wristbands in their white envelope.

This along people hired by u2 physically and legally threating me while standing in a public park(they had no permits for 90% of the area outside the venue) has the single worst fan experience I've had in my 30 years and 700 shows I've ever attended. Fans got into at least 3 past u2 dress rehearsals and I had no problem getting into the 2007 Police Dress rehearsal here and multiple Prince club gigs.

I'm strongly thinking of given the 2 Vancouver shows a pass. New songs sound great light show looks neat but everything I've now heard 5 times and the lack of rarities I crave.

I won't spew any vitriol and I appreciate all of your reporting on the rehearsals.

However, this post is terrible.

No way to act. And not good form to post it in a public forum. You have no idea who those wrist bands were intended for.

Also, as others have pointed out, no one is entitled to get in to these rehearsals.

That's the bottom line here.

No one make any mistake about that.

We are better than that as fans.

Does U2 need this bullshit right now? Starts getting covered in the media, etc???

What the h#*@? Are you six years old? Grow the f#@% up! It was a closed rehearsal. You and the uberfans were not on the guest list. Get over it. The band owes you NOTHING.

And to expect after revealing all of the details of numerous rehearsals to the world that you would be given a wristband is absurdity. You, sir, are the least deserving of anyone.

I am embarrassed for anyone who considers themselves a fan of this band.

Yeah, honestly, I agree with this. After leaking all that information about the rehearsals, U2FP expects to get in to a closed rehearsal? My fucking goodness. It's not that he was there and tried to get in, that's cool, I would do the same (and leave if asked). But his post reeks of entitlement. Not cool.

Has anyone fallen from forum favorite to pariah so quickly?

Pete ya did a great job for us reporting all the songs and potential set lists throughout the rehearsal process. Thank you for that.

That said... yea, you're not owed anything by the band just because you're a super fan, and neither is anyone else. 1000 shows doesn't entitle you to automatic entry into private events.

That the band has been willing to let fans in before should be looked upon as a bonus and a tremendous gesture on their part. When they don't grant that same allowance, it certainly shouldn't be a negative towards them.

Has anyone fallen from forum favorite to pariah so quickly?

Pete ya did a great job for us reporting all the songs and potential set lists throughout the rehearsal process. Thank you for that.

That said... yea, you're not owed anything by the band just because you're a super fan, and neither is anyone else. 1000 shows doesn't entitle you to automatic entry into private events.

That the band has been willing to let fans in before should be looked upon as a bonus and a tremendous gesture on their part. When they don't grant that same allowance, it certainly shouldn't be a negative towards them.

This. There's no need for the flak Peter's getting - way too nasty - but it IS surprising anyone would consider boycotting a U2 gig for any reason once they have tickets.

This. There's no need for the flak Peter's getting - way too nasty - but it IS surprising anyone would consider boycotting a U2 gig for any reason once they have tickets.

It is hardly the 1936 Olympic boycott, I have to say. If anyone expects sympathy for being a superfan, they aren't going to find it here.

This isn't a slight on anyone in particular, but has it really come to 'measuring' fandom by number of shows or miles travelled? This is tantamount to comparing bra sizes and penis inches. "My U2 fan-dick (shuttlecock?) is bigger than yours".

All this said, like has been said by a few, lay off U2FP - I think what he has done for U2 fans, and this forum in particular over the last few weeks has been great - and we all owe him a debt of gratitude. How quickly this forum can turn on people for one blemish.

Yeah, what's up with the vitriol, especially from obscure randoms.

I don't agree with the extent of U2FP's outrage, but I can see why he's disappointed, especially when it seems some of the crew had extra passes but weren't able to give them out. U2 definitely seem to keep their rehearsals more closed nowadays - there used to be stories of people being let into soundchecks or dress rehearsals but that's been exceedingly rare on recent tours.

I don't understand this either. It almost seems like people are signing up to bitch at Peter, after all he's done for us it just seems wrong.
So he was dissappointed he didn't get in, well that's his thing. We may not agree with everythin he said, but that's no reason to suddenly start hating on the guy while he was universally loved the day before. :huh: What the heck just happened overnight?

Yeah, this is just weird, it seems like a mountain's been made about a molehill - especially as it's spiralled to greater degrees of bitterness without the presence of U2FP. Can we go back to discussing the rehearsals?

Yeah, and seems like a load of alters indeed.

Soo back on rehearsals. We still have no updates on the utmost important part of the show!

What will Bono wear?

:wink: Except the shoes, we know nothing!

Yeah, and seems like a load of alters indeed.

Soo back on rehearsals. We still have no updates on the utmost important part of the show!

What will Bono wear?

:wink: Except the shoes, we know nothing!

I know they took phones, and it was just friends, but I am still quite shocked at the total silence form those in attendance - little to no detail has come through in over 24 hours!

This isn't a slight on anyone in particular, but has it really come to 'measuring' fandom by number of shows or miles travelled?

I surely hope not; you can't quantify these things, can you? It's like deciding who your favourite kid or dog is.

(Okay, I DO have a favourite dog of my three but I keep it from the other two)

I know they took phones, and it was just friends, but I am still quite shocked at the total silence form those in attendance - little to no detail has come through in over 24 hours!

Yeah you'd expect details to leak right after the show. C'mon guys, this info is vital for us, what outfits are the band wearing, which sunglasses did Bono wear, what beanie did Edge wear, did Lardence scowl the entire show? :panic: We NEED to know!

I surely hope not; you can't quantify these things, can you? It's like deciding who your favourite kid or dog is.

(Okay, I DO have a favourite dog of my three but I keep it from the other two)

I just find it hilarious, as if some human beings have a greater capacity to 'fan' than others. Reality probably says that there is an acceptable threshold of fandom before it just becomes weird stalking anyway.

Yeah you'd expect details to leak right after the show. C'mon guys, this info is vital for us, what outfits are the band wearing, which sunglasses did Bono wear, what beanie did Edge wear, did Lardence scowl the entire show? :panic: We NEED to know!

Did they let Leo in with the family and friends?

Cannot believe how long that dragged on. Peter was probably a bit peeved and tired or something and got on and made a post. Maybe he'd had a few drinks. He was understandably disappointed. I read his comment about boycotting shows, raised my eyebrow slightly for maybe half a second, then got on with my life. And then people here started acting as if he'd punched one of the band members in the head. Get a grip :down:

Cannot believe how long that dragged on. Peter was probably a bit peeved and tired or something and got on and made a post. Maybe he'd had a few drinks. He was understandably disappointed. I read his comment about boycotting shows, raised my eyebrow slightly for maybe half a second, then got on with my life. And then people here started acting as if he'd punched one of the band members in the head. Get a grip :down:

Depending on which band member it was, he probably would have received, at worst, a mixed reaction. This was all negative.

:up:

Yeah, this. Of course no one is entitled to get into a rehearsal just b/c of how many shows they've attended, and I certainly think a boycott would be a shoot yourself in the foot overreaction, but none of us were there and his disappointment and frustration is understandable. Maybe given time he might have worded his post differently, but he after all just expressed some anger at what happened...he didn't have a go at anyone here.

So the over the line vitriolic pile on towards him isn't understandable, especially directed at a guy that 24 hours ago was a rock star on this site for delivering up he goods on the rehearsals. Really petty, and pretty damn fair weather.

Peter, thanks for all the credible info you've passed on, hope you stick around. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

What mostly baffles me is that either people made alters, or randoms who never usually post here decided that this was the moment to speak up. Rather than the rest of the week thanking Peter for what he did for us. Why?? :huh:

What mostly baffles me is that either people made alters, or randoms who never usually post here decided that this was the moment to speak up. Rather than the rest of the week thanking Peter for what he did for us. Why?? :huh:

In my line of work (and I'm sure many others), there is a principle that holds true that may be applicable. When you do your job badly, expect to hear no end of abuse about what you did wrong. When you do it well, expect to not hear a word.

If all is silent, all is well. U2FP, after weeks of good work made one mistake (let's not sugar-coat it, it was a mistake) it was open season for the peanut gallery.

U2FP made a bad post (it was really bad, no question), everyone overreacted, now everyone is overreacting to the overreaction. I don't think anyone has called his church yet, so it's not like he's received the worst of it. Superfans expecting anything whatsoever of U2 creep me the hell out and there appears to be a similar degree of intolerance for them around here since 360.

But yeah, U2FP has done a lot of good for the forum and contributed a ton of content over the past couple of weeks, so it's all good. We all say the wrong thing every now and again.

Last edited:
Bruce should open with an Acrobat cover next tout, just to make U2 feel bad!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

There's so much overreacting going on here that I'll take it as proof that Acrobat will be played this tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom