*Spoilers* - Rehearsals in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Springsteen and his band have rehearsals, and they can and do play just about anything at his shows. He'll even open his shows with a cover tune every once in a while.

I was only comparing the difference between U2 and Springsteen fans. I can't picture his fans getting all wrapped up in and fretting over what the setlist is going to be.

His point was that yes, they don't get all crazy over what the set will be before the tour starts because they get crazy over what the set will be before each show.

4 hardcore fans from 3 different continents who've seen a total of 220 u2 shows across 20 countries and have probably given the band $50,000 directly to the band were not considered "friends" enough gain entry last night.

A dozen plus laminent carrying u2 employees(the ones that interacted with vertigo GA lines) dating back to ZOOTV who recognize 3 of those fans were horrified that u2's upper management let nobody in and gave us some free food from inside.

A 100+ u2 show South American fan(who's never even met the band) got a u2 experience he's never had before: Hearing a u2 show with an audience while outside the venue. He never complained a single but it absolutely broke my heart to see the sadness in his eyes and how he was just glad for everything u2 have done and he had the freedom to see a dozen of two shows a tour.

Guest list was 1/3rd full and the pair U2 employees had at least 200 extra wristbands in their white envelope.

This along people hired by u2 physically and legally threating me while standing in a public park(they had no permits for 90% of the area outside the venue) has the single worst fan experience I've had in my 30 years and 700 shows I've ever attended. Fans got into at least 3 past u2 dress rehearsals and I had no problem getting into the 2007 Police Dress rehearsal here and multiple Prince club gigs.

I'm strongly thinking of given the 2 Vancouver shows a pass. New songs sound great light show looks neat but everything I've now heard 5 times and the lack of rarities I crave.

There might be hope for Sweetest Thing haters out there. In the middle of the Elevation tour, Dallas Schoo told a group of fans that the band only play that song when Bono's wife is actually in town at the show. Maybe he's pulling it out again this tour for her, and I'm sure she'll be at the opening shows in Vancouver. After that it could just be a rarity for when she comes on the road.

Yes, hopefully :)

I don't know - I don't think a volume of shows attended qualifies people to get into a secret dress rehearsal. I would say that you all had been very lucky in the past, but getting upset because you weren't given a free show?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

4 hardcore fans from 3 different continents who've seen a total of 220 u2 shows across 20 countries and have probably given the band $50,000 directly to the band were not considered "friends" enough gain entry last night.

A dozen plus laminent carrying u2 employees(the ones that interacted with vertigo GA lines) dating back to ZOOTV who recognize 3 of those fans were horrified that u2's upper management let nobody in and gave us some free food from inside.

A 100+ u2 show South American fan(who's never even met the band) got a u2 experience he's never had before: Hearing a u2 show with an audience while outside the venue. He never complained a single but it absolutely broke my heart to see the sadness in his eyes and how he was just glad for everything u2 have done and he had the freedom to see a dozen of two shows a tour.

Guest list was 1/3rd full and the pair U2 employees had at least 200 extra wristbands in their white envelope.

This along people hired by u2 physically and legally threating me while standing in a public park(they had no permits for 90% of the area outside the venue) has the single worst fan experience I've had in my 30 years and 700 shows I've ever attended. Fans got into at least 3 past u2 dress rehearsals and I had no problem getting into the 2007 Police Dress rehearsal here and multiple Prince club gigs.

I'm strongly thinking of given the 2 Vancouver shows a pass. New songs sound great light show looks neat but everything I've now heard 5 times and the lack of rarities I crave.

Because some hard core fans (not friends) didn't get in to a DR a week before opening night you want boycott actual shows?

The band might not have wanted fans to see it yet.

I don't know - I don't think a volume of shows attended qualifies people to get into a secret dress rehearsal. I would say that you all had been very lucky in the past, but getting upset because you weren't given a free show?

12 different u2 laminate employees that have worked with the band over multiple tours were horrified at their own company.

Because some hard core fans (not friends) didn't get in to a DR a week before opening night you want boycott actual shows?

Being physically/legally threatened by staff employed by u2 has caused me to skip shows.

I can't speak for the 2 southern hemisphere fans who already have tickets for the entire west coast.

In other news, load-in has begun at the Rogers Arena:

CEmJWYcW0AAwZYo.jpg

CEmJX-uWIAEmEnR.jpg

https://twitter.com/U2tour/status/597159511787446272/photo/1

If U2 really wanted to do an amazing encore, they would do a 1st encore of:

Crystal Ballroom, Sleep Like a Baby Tonight, This is Where You Can Reach Me Now, and Acrobat

then they could come back with a second encore of their regular fan-favorite, war horse songs as usual, but still kick the hard core fans asses with the first encore

Sleep like a baby
Dirty day
Acrobat
Lemon
Love is blindness
Fez
Who's gonna ride
Please
Bad

:D

12 different u2 laminate employees that have worked with the band over multiple tours were horrified at their own company.

Yes, but those same 12 U2 employees would have been doubly horrified if they let people in, and a few hours after seeing the secret dress rehearsal those people released every detail of the show and stage set up to the internet.

Peter, if you were allowed in last night, would you have kept it all a secret after you came out?

Yes, but those same 12 U2 employees would have been doubly horrified if they let people in, and a few hours after seeing the secret dress rehearsal those people released every detail of the show and stage set up to the internet.

Peter, if you were allowed in last night, would you have kept it all a secret after you came out?

:up:

they wouldn't have just been horrified. they would have been fired.

i've been very critical of the band over this entire album release phase. i can't be critical of them for wanting to keep the show private until opening night.

i get that people have been let in before in past years... but that is in no way a guarantee of the same thing happening year after year.

that DJs and newspaper critics were also denied just furthers the idea that they want to keep this very quiet.

and besides... they've never let fans in to EVERY single dress rehearsal. there's a few days left. who's to say they won't let a few lucky fans into BC Place for a real rehearsal early this week? and the key word there is "lucky," as nobody should feel as if they are entitled to entry into a rehearsal.

they wouldn't have just been horrified. they would have been fired.

i've been very critical of the band over this entire album release phase. i can't be critical of them for wanting to keep the show private until opening night.

i get that people have been let in before in past years... but that is in no way a guarantee of the same thing happening year after year.

that DJs and newspaper critics were also denied just furthers the idea that they want to keep this very quiet.

and besides... they've never let fans in to EVERY single dress rehearsal. there's a few days left. who's to say they won't let a few lucky fans into BC Place for a real rehearsal early this week? and the key word there is "lucky," as nobody should feel as if they are entitled to entry into a rehearsal.

you mean you don't have your U2 frequent fliers club card? If you go to a certain amount of shows and travel really far, you're supposed to get into events for free. even rehearsals that the band clearly don't want people to see. it's your right.

...and the key word there is "lucky," as nobody should feel as if they are entitled to entry into a rehearsal.

I waited all day in the sun when they did the Dress for Vertigo. Had ZERO expectations of getting in even after Bono said "we will see what we can do"...only when we were lining up after dumping cell phones did I feel like it was gonna happen.

And that was two nights before opening and way before everyone had a smartphone.

<----and I made the news that night.

Hey I wasn't allowed in either! Did not complain nor did not bug the security or staff to let me in either! They said no and I was ok with that. I was very happy to hear them and do not feel entitled to be allowed in because I spent x amount of money or seen x shows! Where you the guy in red with the plastic bag by any chance? Not sure why you are complaining! And if the staff threatened you it's most likely because you were being too pushy. Ah first world problems!

We know there is a fairly significant dress rehearsal on Tuesday right? The iHeart contest rules stated this. Possibly the last one before the opener in the actual arena of the first shows. Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't last night's DR be one of a couple at the very least? And wouldn't Tuesday's DR be a more significant one so close to the real deal? Maybe this is the opportunity to get in. Maybe this is the one that the band would be less strict about being so close to the opener.

I honestly don't get why you guys go through all the trouble of going to hundreds of shows, waiting outside arenas and in lines for hours if not days, getting into near-fisticuffs with security, etc.

Rather, I'd suggest pursuing a lucrative career with compensation that allows you to donate generously to the ONE Campaign, Drop the Debt and other associated charities, which will afford you backstage and/or box seats to the U2 concert of your choosing. Becoming some sort of actor or celebrity (such as Game of Throne's Maisie Williams) would help also, as would being the CEO of a Fortune 500 Company.

Either that or become the human-rights abusing Head of State of a developing country. Do that and you might even get a song written about you.

I waited all day in the sun when they did the Dress for Vertigo. Had ZERO expectations of getting in even after Bono said "we will see what we can do"...only when we were lining up after dumping cell phones did I feel like it was gonna happen.

And that was two nights before opening and way before everyone had a smartphone.

<----and I made the news that night.

Ah, and what a great day it was!

I honestly don't get why you guys go through all the trouble of going to hundreds of shows, waiting outside arenas and in lines for hours if not days, getting into near-fisticuffs with security, etc.

Rather, I'd suggest pursuing a lucrative career with compensation that allows you to donate generously to the ONE Campaign, Drop the Debt and other associated charities, which will afford you backstage and/or box seats to the U2 concert of your choosing. Becoming some sort of actor or celebrity (such as Game of Throne's Maisie Williams) would help also, as would being the CEO of a Fortune 500 Company.

Either that or become the human-rights abusing Head of State of a developing country. Do that and you might even get a song written about you.

I heard it's gotten so bad The Edge's old man Garvin wants his 500 pounds back.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Idk I kina find it annoying when people are like well I've been to all your shows or I'm your biggest fan so you have to let me in! Just be happy you got hear them. I hate it when people feel entitled to something for spending so much or seeing more shows than others. Get over it.

Idk I kina find it annoying when people are like well I've been to all your shows or I'm your biggest fan so you have to let me in! Just be happy you got hear them. I hate it when people feel entitled to something for spending so much or seeing more shows than others. Get over it.

For what it's worth, what are the # of shows, distance, and money quotas that I have to spend to be let into every dress rehearsal? Do I have to keep my receipts for proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom