*Spoilers* - Rehearsals in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No SOldier?

WTF?

They will rather play Follow, Sweetest Thing and Mysterious Ways?

Are they kidding?

Promote the new record as much as possible!

No SOldier?

WTF?

Are they kidding?

To be fair the sweetest thing has only ever appeared at a handful of shows I would personally love to hear it

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hmm... Still a relatively short set.

Can you give us an idea of running time? Seems just over 2 hours.

It started at about 815 and ended aprox 10. It was very short and lots of songs missing but it was only a dress rehearsal so I'm hoping the real shows will have more. There was some talking in between songs so the show itself should have been shorter if they played straight.

No SOldier?

WTF?

Are they kidding?

It was just a dress rehearsal I'm thinking the actual shows will have more songs! Btw the band sound awesome even on songs I didn't expect like iris. The only disappointing one for me was ebw. Full studio version would be a lot better.

Of course, it is only how I feel about it stealing space for other songs :)

To me that song is musically and lyrically just a joke. And incredibly lame.

That´s it

And yet, it's one of my favorites. How boring would this world be if we all liked the exact same things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WybiA263bw

Compare this to anything from the new record. It´s just ridiculous :)

Call me crazy but I think almost everything on the new record is much better than this. In fact maybe everything on the new record is better. I never cared for The Sweetest Thing. I need to hear it live about as badly as I need to hear SIAMYCGOO and In a Little While again. Which means not at all.

If U2 really wanted to do an amazing encore, they would do a 1st encore of:

Crystal Ballroom, Sleep Like a Baby Tonight, This is Where You Can Reach Me Now, and Acrobat

then they could come back with a second encore of their regular fan-favorite, war horse songs as usual, but still kick the hard core fans asses with the first encore

If U2 really wanted to do an amazing encore, they would do a 1st encore of:

Crystal Ballroom, Sleep Like a Baby Tonight, This is Where You Can Reach Me Now, and Acrobat

then they could come back with a second encore of their regular fan-favorite, war horse songs as usual, but still kick the hard core fans asses with the first encore

Can I get Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses full band electric in there somewhere?

It started at about 815 and ended aprox 10. It was very short and lots of songs missing but it was only a dress rehearsal so I'm hoping the real shows will have more. There was some talking in between songs so the show itself should have been shorter if they played straight.

Crazy short.

I have to imagine there's a full on encore that they just either haven't decided on yet or haven't rehearsed yet to tack on to the end of this set.

As mind blowing as the visuals maybe, a show that looks to come in shy of two hours isn't overly mind blowing

I gotta think it was just a short show. The setlist from a few nights ago was longer.

Crazy short.

I have to imagine there's a full on encore that they just either haven't decided on yet or haven't rehearsed yet to tack on to the end of this set.

As mind blowing as the visuals maybe, a show that looks to come in shy of two hours isn't overly mind blowing
I still think there are at least 4-6 songs missing. No way they are doing a 20-song set.

Sleep Like A Baby is probably one of my faves on the new album, but I don't really think it do well live :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't think the presence, or lack of, and opening act matters one bit to U2 in deciding how many songs to play.

I disagree. I think with the number of songs rehearsed, and the "no opening act" means we will get the longest shows they have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom