SPOILERS - Rehearsals at Nou Camp Part TRES - SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know the arrangement of Sunday Bloody Sunday this tour? I'm completely fine with it as long as there's no preaching bullshit in the middle of the song.

It was rehearsed acoustically last week.

What's all that bitching? Of course U2 will play some classics. I think this is a very good setlist, a mix of old and new stuff and some stuff rarely played. You cannot please everyone. I'm not crazy about Pride and SBS either, but these songs are iconic U2 songs and the audience will love them. We get 7 songs from NLOTH, which I think is brilliant. I don't know if anyone here really ever believed they'd play a set full of rarities. I'd be more than happy with this setlist. There will be a different set for the second show. Man, I'm not looking forward to the "real" setlist parties.

Intro
1. Breathe
2. No Line on the Horizon
3. Get on Your Boots
4. Magnificent
5. Beautiful Day
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. Unknown (POSSIBLY DROWNING MAN)
8. In a Little While
9. Unknown Caller
10. The Unforgettable Fire
11. City of Blinding Lights
12. Vertigo
13. Mysterious Ways
14. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix?)
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday
16. Pride (In the Name of Love)
17. MLK
18. Walk On

yeah yeah I know I know, but it is less than a week now and they are gettign closer to the first night ideas. Again, what the hell are doing :wink:

i am with, you i just keep telling myself the same thing.

the vertigo-mw-crazy-sbs section sure is weak, especially compared to the others rehearsed.

The two parts where Bono just yells is epic in every sense of the word. Just transcendent.

well, I give you credit in that. But the other noises in the song, I don't like them. They hurt my ears. :sad:

I feel bad for not liking it, but it's the truth... Probably one of the few I don't like from the U2 catalog.

FBB is good but not as great as everyone seems to think. It's cool and interesting. As an opener though? Yuck, that sounds terrible. the Fez portion could work as an intro into something, but BB doesn't have the punch to start off a concert imo. Maybe an encore at most.

The two parts where Bono just yells is epic in every sense of the word. Just transcendent.

+1(to phillyfan).

It would be a brilliant opener precisely because of the parts that phillyfan referenced.

there's room for both.

might as well throw in the boring fez in there too since everyone is crazy enough to believe it would work (which it wouldn't).

-dan

Here's proof that it can not only be pulled off live, but would also require very little in the way of restructuring:

YouTube - POPTARTS live BEING BORN @ jack di quadri U2 cover

If it were up to me, the opening trio of songs would always be one of the following two combinations:

1. No Line On The Horizon
2. Being Born
3. Magnificent

or

1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. Being Born
3. Magnificent

I take it you just don't like interesting music?

because only what you like is interesting? i hate these condescending statements. give me a break.

(fwiw- gone is one of my favorites, and i like fez but they are only my extremely subjective opinion).

People posted fake reports on EastLink that they had rehearsed Numb, Miracle Drug, and the Macarena. Below that, acrobatic posted in English: "For you Interference guys: Of course this is a fake!"

Unless he's talking about this whole setlist...

People posted fake reports on EastLink that they had rehearsed Numb, Miracle Drug, and the Macarena. Below that, acrobat posted in English: "For you Interference guys: Of course this is a fake!"

Unless he's talking about this whole setlist...

No, what he did was the equivalent of quoting those posts. He was just talking about those three fake songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom