SPOILERS - Vancouver Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Ferris brothers taught him some stuff. They have a studio bunker under One Tree Hill that they play live from.
In fact, OTH doesn't exist. The image is just clip art background in Final Cut Pro. Edge saw the image and wrote some music about it.

Ok folks, opening night. Very hyped, it looks like they've cooked up a great show for us. Unless they chicken out at the last minute, we'll see the live debut of a 30 year-old song and the resurrections of some others that haven't been played in 30 years. And the cherry on top is a brand new song.

Let's do this !!!

Too bad Vancouver is 3 hours behind me...No way i'm staying up until the wee hours for the setlist party.

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Ok folks, opening night. Very hyped, it looks like they've cooked up a great show for us. Unless they chicken out at the last minute, we'll see the live debut of a 30 year-old song and the resurrections of some others that haven't been played in 30 years. And the cherry on top is a brand new song.
Yup, going to be fantastic. I hope I have time to listen in. I have to reply to Peter Jackson and tell him his CGI of One Tree Hill has been rejected. Mad Max is driving in the dirt from the outback. Just trying to get the word out that LoveTown didn't happen.

It's feels like tonight's setlist is far more set in stone than the last few tour openers.
We could all type out the set they've been rehearsing for the past week or two and I'd be shocked if it was off by more than 2 songs tonight.

Yeah it's been pretty rigid , maybe they're just making sure they nail it on the first night. It's been a long time since their last stadium gig not to mention the fact they're playing a huge album in full for the first time. Enough to give any band nerves so setting the set in stone for the first night at least makes sense I guess.

I'm sure once they're certain it's going well they'll relax and both parts of the set bookending the album will start to vary night to night.

2nites show is going 2b sick AF. Dawgs. TJT304Evar!

Actually, cool hip typing aside, I am looking forward to tonight.

When its 7 pm in Vancouver it is 4 am here. So, not gonna stay up to follow the setlist, if i dont wake up early at like 6 am tomorrow and they have just started then. Since its likely they'll start around 9 pm.

So no more Vancouver rehearsals (unless they do a soundcheck later) it's been a very unique and rewarding experience having the rehearsals so close to where I live and being able to listen in sitting on the living room couch. Tonight I'll see U2 for the 6th time. It would have been 7 except work got in the denied me the chance to use my ticket to the original JT tour in Montreal in the fall of 87 so this show has special meaning for me. I'll probably disappear from this site shortly after the Vancouver show. So I just want to say so long. I was happy to share my experience here.

I may not be a hard core show attendee but I have been a fan of the music for a very long time. I bought a copy of Boy in late 1980.

So no more Vancouver rehearsals (unless they do a soundcheck later) it's been a very unique and rewarding experience having the rehearsals so close to where I live and being able to listen in sitting on the living room couch. Tonight I'll see U2 for the 6th time. It would have been 7 except work got in the denied me the chance to use my ticket to the original JT tour in Montreal in the fall of 87 so this show has special meaning for me. I'll probably disappear from this site shortly after the Vancouver show. So I just want to say so long. I was happy to share my experience here.

I may not be a hard core show attendee but I have been a fan of the music for a very long time. I bought a copy of Boy in late 1980.

Thank you for your time and info gathering. It is very much appreciated. See ya sometime!

Thanks for sharing your experience! Pass by every now and then. :)

Thanks Jimyc, great story.

Enjoy the show.

Talking about tonight's show - haven't seen anything show up on the app or website.
There were redzone tickets for vancouver available 3 days ago. Jimyc posted about it in the ticketdrops thread.

I don't know but perhaps the opening show might not be the best comparison for a ticket drop. Time will tell I guess.

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

Back
Top Bottom