Better late than never “they” say…

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OWhatAThrill

Babyface
I just posted this on another thread and at my age, little time for redundancy. i’m 63, a rare native Nashvillian, and a new U2 fan of about 30 days. I’m trying to find the U2 places where people are still talking, but sadly, like Led Zeppelin from 3 months ago, many of the things i would love to talk about have been talked about for 30-40 yrs now and put to bed, so there’s not many to share mutual new excitement or adoration with others at the same level around.

I’ve lived a life with a love of music! I started working at a record store in high school (1977), remember Elvis and Lennon dying 🤯🤯, and the madness around music on those days. I put out LED Zeppelin albums and was working when Bonham died, but not a single cell of memory of that day/time. I do remember thinking they had sold out on “Stairway to Heaven”, which was in the same category for me as “Freebird”. If I heard either twice in one year, it was one time too many, but I might enjoy it once again in a year.

I remember when the young band from Ireland hit but in my mind, they were in the British Invasion of music with a sound I didn’t care for…Duran Duran, Tears for Fears, etc. so I didn’t pay much attention, MUCH to my regret now. I stayed in the business (not at a record store) until1990, but all I can say now is “I was blind”. I’ve missed 30-45 years of some incredible music, but off to pop through this forum as fast as I can!!

Back
Top Bottom