Seattle I Setlist Bitch and Thread Party - PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
Axver, in all seriousness though, unlike many here, getting pulled onstage itsn't a dream of mine. If it happened, I wouldn't refuse, but if it didn't, I'd hardly be disappointed. I'm more of a "private show..." kind of a girl

But I do agree with you about the conversation thing. That'd be *extremely* cool...as long as I could end it with just a wee, little grope. :lol:

I actually would like to be pulled on stage to play guitar ... if only to break out in something bizarre like Treasure or Cartoon World or Where Did It All Go Wrong? just to confuse the band and to see if Bono knows a single word.

Bono has to be one of the people I would most like to have an intelligent discussion with. It helps that I share his thoughts on many things.

trojanchick99 said:

I was by myself as well... met some great people though. Anyways, I would recommend getting there by 4 cause that's when the band arrives. Also, you get to hear a bit of the soundcheck.

If you end up not getting presale tix, you will have to arrive very early, but they do give you a number, so you can leave for a bit.

I have no way of getting pre-sale tix. You know something I don't? I was only able to get 1 ticket to 1 LA Show for 4/5 via the pre-sale. So you are saying I would have to get there earlier than say a 'pre-sale' ticket or a 'u2.com' ticket, even though I am a member of 'u2.com' - for the GA line? :hmm:

Axver said:

I actually would like to be pulled on stage to play guitar ... if only to break out in something bizarre like Treasure or Cartoon World or Where Did It All Go Wrong? just to confuse the band and to see if Bono knows a single word.

Bono has to be one of the people I would most like to have an intelligent discussion with. It helps that I share his thoughts on many things.

Have you ever seen the tape of the girl who was pulled up during the Elevation tour, and she played guitar with them? She walked right by Bono, and went and stood over by Edge. :lol:

A fellow Canadian, from Windsor, I believe. :up: She has her own website now, with a budding career as a musician.

Lila64 said:

I have no way of getting pre-sale tix. You know something I don't? I was only able to get 1 ticket to 1 LA Show for 4/5 via the pre-sale. So you are saying I would have to get there earlier than say a 'pre-sale' ticket or a 'u2.com' ticket, even though I am a member of 'u2.com' - for the GA line? :hmm:

This all depends on if the 3rd leg is run the same as the 1st. For the presale shows, in order to get into the U2.com line, your ticket had to be from a presale (marked with fan). It is possible to get presale tix from other sources, trades, ebay, etc. The advantage is that the presale line is much shorter. For LA2 (no presale), there was no presale line, rather you just had to show your membership card/profile.

Of course, who knows how the 3rd leg will be handled.

VintagePunk said:

Have you ever seen the tape of the girl who was pulled up during the Elevation tour, and she played guitar with them? She walked right by Bono, and went and stood over by Edge. :lol:

A fellow Canadian, from Windsor, I believe. :up: She has her own website now, with a budding career as a musician.

Which show is that? I might have it on DVD, but I haven't watched anything from Elevation in ages.

trojanchick99 said:

This all depends on if the 3rd leg is run the same as the 1st. For the presale shows, in order to get into the U2.com line, your ticket had to be from a presale (marked with fan). It is possible to get presale tix from other sources, trades, ebay, etc. The advantage is that the presale line is much shorter. For LA2 (no presale), there was no presale line, rather you just had to show your membership card/profile.

My 3rd leg presale tickets have the FAN indication on them.

Axver said:

Which show is that? I might have it on DVD, but I haven't watched anything from Elevation in ages.

I can't remember which show, but I think a link to her site with the clip was posted on Pleba recently. I have it on tape, because they did a bit on Much More Music (Canadian version of VH1) several months back that featured fans meeting rock stars, and they did a lengthy portion about her, showed the clip from the show, and interviewed her.

VintagePunk said:

I can't remember which show, but I think a link to her site with the clip was posted on Pleba recently. I have it on tape, because they did a bit on Much More Music (Canadian version of VH1) several months back that featured fans meeting rock stars, and they did a lengthy portion about her, showed the clip from the show, and interviewed her.

I know MMM did a special on the Toronto II Elevation show.

trojanchick99 said:

LA 11/13/01 a girl ended up playing guitar with the band. Not sure if that is the same show you guys are talking about. Of course if anyone has that on DVD I would kill for it... or at least do a B&P :wink:

I think that was it, because it seems to me it was a west coast show.

trojanchick99 said:

I totally understand... But like I said, I was only able to purchase 1 ticket for 1 show via the presale, and it was section 208. But for 4/6, I had purchased a GA on ebay, but no 'fan' indication on it. I had printed out my membership page from U2.com, just in case I had gotten there earlier in the day...

BTW, trojanchick99, do you have tix for the 3rd leg in LA?

Hey! I'm here for a minute. i'm exhausted and dehyrdated but it was a great show. I thought Phoenix2 was better, but can't critique this one in any way--just different energy. the ellipse was less crowded but more "intense." Lots of jumping and dancing through the entire thing. I got in line at 5:30 so a long, long day :crazy:

Ruff, I know you said you had to get up awfully early today. I hope you're drinking a gallon of water right now missy! Must replace those fluids...

The "sexual..." thing, was that at the very end of the show?

VintagePunk said:

Sounds like 2001-11-18, Las Vegas. A girl got on stage there and played guitar, I have the show on DVD (3-cam audience, one of the best audienceshot DVDs I've ever seen) and it includes a feature with the girl who got on stage, but I've no idea what station made it.

G'nite trojanchick99 :wave:

I was at the fall shows of Elevation 2001 in L.A., and I don't recall a girl playing guitar on stage. But, my memories are foggy. I could be wrong. I'd have to see what u2tours.com showed...

lmao @ the thread title...just caught that...it has chizip written all over it :)

Lila64 said:

I totally understand... But like I said, I was only able to purchase 1 ticket for 1 show via the presale, and it was section 208. But for 4/6, I had purchased a GA on ebay, but no 'fan' indication on it. I had printed out my membership page from U2.com, just in case I had gotten there earlier in the day...

BTW, trojanchick99, do you have tix for the 3rd leg in LA?

4/6 I got e-bay tix too, there was no presale for that show, so the profile worked. I do have tix for 11/2, lowers sec 106, but am looking to trade for GA's. I'm now spoiled.

hey ruffian!!! :wave:

thank you SO much for providing the updates for us- and congratulations on being front row in the ellipse!!! can't wait to hear more about it when you're rested and hydrated!

:)

Axver said:

Sounds like 2001-11-18, Las Vegas. A girl got on stage there and played guitar, I have the show on DVD (3-cam audience, one of the best audienceshot DVDs I've ever seen) and it includes a feature with the girl who got on stage, but I've no idea what station made it.

I knew it was one of those two word cities, where one of the words starts with an L. :wink:

VintagePunk said:
Ruff, I know you said you had to get up awfully early today. I hope you're drinking a gallon of water right now missy! Must replace those fluids...

The "sexual..." thing, was that at the very end of the show?

yeah, right before 40. something like: "we have a lot of work to do, but there is alot we CAN do: spiritually, musically, politically, economically...and ssssssexxxually..." and he looked quite naughty as he said it. we were soooo close to the stage that i'm pretty sure i felt some sweat. Adam was a big flirt with everyone...winked at Karmic, smiled ALL the time at everyone, and was his regular, cool self. Bono was frenzied and looked exhausted by the end. He's dyed his hair again--much lighter than it was in Phoenix. And yes, I'm drinking water from a giant trough (not really but I'd like to).

trojanchick99 said:

4/6 I got e-bay tix too, there was no presale for that show, so the profile worked. I do have tix for 11/2, lowers sec 106, but am looking to trade for GA's. I'm now spoiled.

Yeah, once you get semi-close being on the floor, you can't be anywhere else. We are spoiled - damn spoiled. Now... about those GA tickets!!!

Back
Top Bottom