Pearl Jam Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The new album has sent me on a Pearl Jam binge over the last few months, so I decided to listen to the 2 PJ albums that never really clicked with me--Binaural & No Code.

No Code: This was by far the PJ album that I gave the fewest listens. I'd heard the majority of songs through bootlegs, but never gave the studio album much of a chance. This album is absolutely loaded with gems! The biggest surprise was Red Mosquito--I can't get the song out of my head! There's such a great diversity on this album and the songwriting is pretty top notch. The only songs I just don't like are Habit (it rocks, but the melody is like a Satan's Bed ripoff) and Mankind (just pretty much annoying).

Binaural: Though the murky, stuffy production still bothers me, I've gained a huge amount of appreciation for this album over the last few months...well sort of. I pulled the 2 worst songs on the album (Evacuation/Rival) and replaced them with the vastly superior Binaural outtakes Sad and Fatal. If this tweaked Binaural had been the official release, it'd be a top 3 PJ album for me:
1. Breakerfall
2. God's Dice
3. Sad
4. Fatal
5. Light years
6. Nothing As It Seems
7. Thin Air
8. Insignificance
9. Of The Girl
10. Grievance
11. Sleight of Hand
12. Soon Forget
13. Parting Ways.

"Sirens" has been getting a lot of radio play around here...which is good, its a great track.

Pearl Jam Fall 2014 US Tour
May 21 2014

Pearl Jam announced today that they will perform 10 additional concert dates this October around their previously announced headlining slots at the Austin City Limits Music Festival. The tour kicks-off in Cincinnati, OH on October 1st and wraps up in Denver, CO on October 22nd.

Tour Dates:

DATE CITY VENUE
Oct-1 Cincinnati, OH US Bank Arena
Oct-3 St Louis, MO Scottrade Center
Oct-3-5* Austin, TX Austin City Limits Music Festival
Oct-8 Tulsa, OK BOK Center
Oct-9 Lincoln, NE Pinnacle Bank Arena
Oct-10-12* Austin, TX Austin City Limits Music Festival
Oct-14 Memphis, TN FedEx Forum
Oct-16 Detroit, MI Joe Louis Arena
Oct-17 Moline, IL iWireless Center
Oct-19 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
Oct-20 Milwaukee, WI BMO Harris Bradley Center
Oct-22 Denver, CO Pepsi Arena

*Pearl Jam will be headlining both weekends of the Austin City Limits Music Festival (October 3-5 and October 10-12). ACL will release further details about that band's exact performance dates over the coming months. For tickets and more information, visit: ACL Music Festival | Oct. 3-5 & 10-12, 2014 | Zilker Park, Austin, Texas.

I'm totally going to the Milwaukee show. This is the one band on my bucket list. Whenever I'm reminded that I haven't seen them live yet, I slap myself in the face.

Went to Trieste and Vienna. Great stuff, longest shows I've been at by far.

36 songs in Leeds. Wow.

Pendulum
Of the Girl
Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
Breakerfall
Hail Hail
Once
Mind Your Manners
Lightning Bolt
Tremor Christ
Wishlist
Who You Are
Ghost
Even Flow
Sirens
Push Me, Pull Me
Do the Evolution
Don’t Gimme No Lip
Army Reserve
Present Tense
Given to Fly
Setting Forth (Eddie Vedder song)
Rearviewmirror

Encore:
Man of the Hour
All or None
Fatal
The Real Me (The Who cover)
Porch

Encore 2:
Smile
Leaving Here (Edward Holland, Jr. cover)
Black
Jeremy
State of Love and Trust
Alive
Baba O’Riley (The Who cover)
All Along the Watchtower (Bob Dylan cover)
Indifference

Back
Top Bottom