Pearl Jam Discussion Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sucks that there are only locations in 3 states nowhere close to me
7 Theaters in Wisconsin...

Apr.16
Appleton
USA
Marcus Valley Grand Cinema
Buy tickets

Apr.16
Ashwaubenon
USA
Marcus Bay Park Cinema
Buy tickets

Apr.16
Menomonee Falls
USA
Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinema
Buy tickets

Apr.16
New Berlin
USA
Marcus Ridge Cinema
Buy tickets

Apr.16
Sturtevant
USA
Marcus Renaissance Cinema
Buy tickets

Apr.16
Sun Prairie
USA
Marcus Palace Cinema
Buy tickets

Apr.16
Waukesha
USA
Majestic Cinema of Brookfield

7 Theaters in Wisconsin...

Apr.16
Appleton
USA
Marcus Valley Grand Cinema
Buy tickets

Apr.16
Ashwaubenon
USA
Marcus Bay Park Cinema
Buy tickets

Apr.16
Menomonee Falls
USA
Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinema
Buy tickets

Apr.16
New Berlin
USA
Marcus Ridge Cinema
Buy tickets

Apr.16
Sturtevant
USA
Marcus Renaissance Cinema
Buy tickets

Apr.16
Sun Prairie
USA
Marcus Palace Cinema
Buy tickets

Apr.16
Waukesha
USA
Majestic Cinema of Brookfield
Oh damn didn't realize that. Ugh, I got a show that night.

“Wreckage” is a legit song. Can’t wait for this album. I think there might be leaks out there, but I’ll just wait until 11 PM central time tomorrow night when the wife is asleep and I’ll just blast this on my AirPods. 🤣

Over 30 years into their career, they fucking nailed this album. Holy shit. And the middle 3 is great. Won't Tell-Upper Hand- Waiting For Stevie is an amazing run.

Waiting For Stevie is my favorite song.

I love Waiting For Stevie so much that I already learned it on guitar and I’m going to perform it at my show tomorrow night.

Over 30 years into their career, they fucking nailed this album. Holy shit. And the middle 3 is great. Won't Tell-Upper Hand- Waiting For Stevie is an amazing run.

Waiting For Stevie is my favorite song.
Yea Upper Hand and Waiting For Stevie are at the top for me through two listens.

Even Running flows better in the album than it did as a stand alone.

I will reserve final judgment until after listening it a bit more.

My first impression is that even if the music does not sound that fresh or revolutionary (not to be expected at this stage of their career, although I loved the left-turn of Dance of the Clairvoyants, making the dreary Gigaton an even bigger disappointment), what I do like about Dark Matter is that they really sound like a compact band again. This is not a bunch of Vedder or Gossard or Ament solo compositions with other musicians in the band sneaking in some sparse contributions, respectively. Which is a problem that plagued the band ever since Backspacer.

They do seem reenergized and Andrew Watt certainly had a lot to do with it.

We’ll see how it goes. I will say I am now more excited about the two Barcelona gigs I am going to see this summer.

Last edited:
Listened to the album last night at midnight. Seems like kind of a continuation of Earthling, which for me is a good thing. I listened to the first three singles a lot. Now I just got to get to know the other songs. So far, so good.

Buckle Up was mediocre, but I for one am glad there is no adult contemporary rubbish like Future Days or Retrograde on it. Some songs do come close to that corny sound, but the energy and the melodies do (kinda) make up for it.

I will say that Waiting for Stevie is one of their best songs in awhile. That riff (kind of Sonic Youth/Soundgardenesque) is very contagious, and Matt Cameron goes wild in the bridge.

Listening to it for the first time right now, I really like it so far.

Have no idea about their last album, never heard it. Don't even know when it came out.
It came out just as the world went to shit in March 2020.
Easy to get lost in the shuffle with that timing.
It was OK, not great. Dark Matter is definitely a step up from Gigaton.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom