NFL 2014 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, being horrified by what she's saying is just like me knocking her unconscious and dragging her out of the elevator.

(Assuming it's her, of course.)

Let's just not assume she doesn't know what the hell she's saying.

Sorry, what? I'm not saying she's an idiot, I'm saying it's a horrifying thing to say, whether she actually believes that it's okay or not.

I feel horribly for her - it's awful that she's having her personal life dragged through the public, but it's not something that should be ignored or pushed under the carpet.

Women do stay with their abusers, for myriad reasons. And "he didn't leave a mark" is just one of the excuses commonly trotted out by them as justification that it's not all that bad.

I honestly have no clue what you are trying to say here.

RG3 carted off with a broken everything. I want to cry like he did but I'm too angry. Fuck this team, they've given me nothing but shit for 16 years.

Never so badly in my life have I wanted to beat someone in Fantasy Football (not you, Cobbler), and it was looking good until f'ing Walker jumped up from 9 fantasy points to 23...I have no idea what point system they're using in this league, but it can go fuck itself. Alfred Morris and his 2 TDs has three less points than Bernard and his 1, thanks to PPR.

And I just noticed that the LM changed the scoring system, so now my win from last week is a loss.... Fuck this.

How the hell can they change the system after the season starts?

I'd call shenanigans if I were you.

Oh, I'm going to, this league is for money. BS. But, I will say, my loss is going to be even worse this week, if he changes it back, because he took out sacks being a negative against QBs and Stafford got his ass kicked.

In other news: Did JJ Watt just catch a touchdown pass?

SD line keeping Seattle's front four at bay, giving Rivers just enough time to pick apart Seattle. Very impressive so far.

SD line keeping Seattle's front four at bay, giving Rivers just enough time to pick apart Seattle. Very impressive so far.

Kudos to San Diego for a well played game. They claimed 42 minutes time of possession, gave Seattle only 18 plays in the first half and 40 overall, and Seattle kept forcing San Diego into endless third downs that Rivers stepped up and converted. Basically San Diego grabbed a six point lead, and the teams played even for the rest of the game. Annoying, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a road loss to a quality team.

I'm surprised there's not more talk about the Peterson situation in here. Frankly I'm shocked by how much support there is for this guy in article comments, all this talk about "my dad beat the hell out of me when I was a kid, and I turned out alright" or "criticizing him for beating his kid is just part of a liberal agenda to feminize the country." I don't know if this is something about US culture as a whole or NFL culture in particular, but there is an appalling tendency to apologize for violent acts on the behalf of these players.

I'm surprised there's not more talk about the Peterson situation in here. Frankly I'm shocked by how much support there is for this guy in article comments, all this talk about "my dad beat the hell out of me when I was a kid, and I turned out alright" or "criticizing him for beating his kid is just part of a liberal agenda to feminize the country." I don't know if this is something about US culture as a whole or NFL culture in particular, but there is an appalling tendency to apologize for violent acts on the behalf of these players.

Yeah, the incident makes me sick and I don't buy the whole "well my dad did it to me, so that's how I'll raise my children" argument. My grandpa used to beat the hell out of my dad. Some of the stories he used to tell me are so gruesome, just completely ridiculous. With that said, my dad was able to tell the difference between right and wrong and not do the same to me. And I wouldn't even think about laying a hand on my daughter.

So yeah, that whole argument doesn't fly with me.

All of these stories are very intriguing though. Teams are now making personel moves based on public pressure, which is a dangerous area to be in for the league in general.

I think there's a huge difference between getting spanked and getting whipped in the genitals by your father. I'm absolutely disgusted by the whole thing and just don't want to talk about it. Hate that he's going to play this week, hope that the judicial system will work quickly, but know that it won't.

This particular incident isn't specific to the NFL. There's a widespread feeling in this country that corporal punishment is an inalienable right of parenthood.

RG3 carted off with a broken everything. I want to cry like he did but I'm too angry. Fuck this team, they've given me nothing but shit for 16 years.

I'm not just saying this as a giants fan... lord knows I can't say shit these days, they're so fucking bad... but alas

But you guys are better off with Cousins.

:up:

My season is a crazy crossover. Of course I'm a Packers fan first by about a million compared to my fantasy team, but it was weird getting joy in seeing Cutler secure a big come from behind fantasy win yesterday. It's like my fantasy week felt a lot like the Packers' come from behind victory but led by Jay Cutler.

:up:

My season is a crazy crossover. Of course I'm a Packers fan first by about a million compared to my fantasy team, but it was weird getting joy in seeing Cutler secure a big come from behind fantasy win yesterday. It's like my fantasy week felt a lot like the Packers' come from behind victory but led by Jay Cutler.

This is why I don't like to have any Bears on my fantasy team, ever. Can't do that shit.

I also don't like having Packers on my fantasy team, and I think I'll be shopping Lacy. I can't stand being disappointed when a player doesn't play as well as projected, when ultimately my real team won and that's awesome.

Folks telling other how to discipline their kids is always a touchy subject. However having seen the pictures of the injuries Peterson caused to a 4 year old, he went way way past just disciplining a child. If he had spanked the kid, I could look the other way though I disagree with it, but what he did is criminal. I hope the courts in Texas take care of things so we don't have to worry about whta the NFL and/or Vikings do with him.

Folks telling other how to discipline their kids is always a touchy subject. However having seen the pictures of the injuries Peterson caused to a 4 year old, he went way way past just disciplining a child. If he had spanked the kid, I could look the other way though I disagree with it, but what he did is criminal. I hope the courts in Texas take care of things so we don't have to worry about whta the NFL and/or Vikings do with him.

Basically this.

Looks like Kid #2 came forward. This time AD mistook the face for a butt.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom